2455 12 2022-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neodraig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145020 ft
France

Hello,
Will it be possible to use the AEB mode while taking 48mp photos ?
I've watch and read so many reviews in the past couple of days, I cant"t find back the information, but I think that I read or seen somwhere that it isn't possible.
If it doesn't work that would be a shame as it would be be really great to take advantage of those 48mp by creating high dynamic range photos.
It might not be available now but maybe in a future update ?
I'm not familiar with DJI's drones (this will be my first drone), so I don't even know if other models can do it, but if the Mini 3 Pro doesn't have that feature, I really hope DJI will bring it in the future.
2022-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3/5/7 shot AEB but only with 12mp camera. Same with Panos.
2022-5-13
Use props
EpicEric6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 414675 ft
Hong Kong

Don't have too much hope on 48mp. It's a quad-bayer sensor and the level of details are not a huge gain over 12mp mode.
2022-5-14
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

Maybe but for cropping those 48mp are nice, so having the possibility to use the AEB mode would have help to get better quality photos.
2022-5-14
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Do it manually with EV controller. I did in this way on the Spark back in 2017.
2022-5-15
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

Luca Rubino Posted at 5-15 01:42
Do it manually with EV controller. I did in this way on the Spark back in 2017.

I know you can do it manually, but this adds a delay between the photos that can create  some motion blur in the final image. It would be more convenient to have the AEB mode available when taking photos in 48MP.
2022-5-15
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

neodraig Posted at 5-15 04:11
I know you can do it manually, but this adds a delay between the photos that can create  some motion blur in the final image. It would be more convenient to have the AEB mode available when taking photos in 48MP.

I agree with you, but I don't think you gonna see some blur. PS can remove easily ghosting objects. Yes, it's longer. I never had problems at all, shooting waves of the sea as well.
Also because AEB on DJI drone is ridiculous. Just 5 photos +/- 0.7EV. It means no more (or less) than 1 1/3 EV of the original exposure.. When I do it manually, I could have more range.
2022-5-15
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

Luca Rubino Posted at 5-15 07:07
I agree with you, but I don't think you gonna see some blur. PS can remove easily ghosting objects. Yes, it's longer. I never had problems at all, shooting waves of the sea as well.
Also because AEB on DJI drone is ridiculous. Just 5 photos +/- 0.7EV. It means no more (or less) than 1 1/3 EV of the original exposure.. When I do it manually, I could have more range.

Oh I didn't know that the AEB mode of Dji's drones only allowed +/- 0.7EV. , I was expecting +/- 2.0EV
I already have my Mini 3 Pro since Friday but I can't test it yet as it is locked at the moment.
2022-5-15
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

Luca Rubino Posted at 5-15 07:07
Also because AEB on DJI drone is ridiculous. Just 5 photos +/- 0.7EV. It means no more (or less) than 1 1/3 EV of the original exposure.. When I do it manually, I could have more range.

I've just seen that in the specs sheet of the Dji Mini 3 Pro it says:
Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 2/3 EV Bias
2022-5-15
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

agree, would be nice to change that Bias to a full stop at least plus have this avail for 48MP.
Let's see if the firmware magicians can help
2022-5-25
Use props
Pythagoras
New
Germany

guys, i have a question on the 48mp exposure. When auto exposing a single jpeg 12mp the exposure looks good, when auto exposing 48mp jpegs it is always too dark or too bright depending on which region of the scene you focus on. What am i doing wrong?
2022-5-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pythagoras Posted at 5-28 07:47
guys, i have a question on the 48mp exposure. When auto exposing a single jpeg 12mp the exposure looks good, when auto exposing 48mp jpegs it is always too dark or too bright depending on which region of the scene you focus on. What am i doing wrong?

It might help if you post a couple of examples.
You would have to upload to Dropbox, Google Drive or similar and post a link here.
2022-5-28
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

EpicEric6 Posted at 5-14 06:51
Don't have too much hope on 48mp. It's a quad-bayer sensor and the level of details are not a huge gain over 12mp mode.

https://youtu.be/vNTaPt9TKFw

Around 48 MP images compared to 12 MP this really changed my view and was quite enlightening around noise in 12 MP images
2022-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules