Mavic 3 Pro Gimbal Initialization
784 6 2022-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stingfello
lvl.3
United States

Why in the world does my gimbal routinely take this long to stabilize and start feeding video on startup?  When I start the drone, the gimbal dances its calibration routine between 3 and 15 times before stabilizing and feeding video to the controller.  I can feel no resistance in the gmbal motors, and once initialized, the performance seems fine.  Any ideas?

-Jason
2022-5-13
Use props
Stingfello
lvl.3
United States

No thoughts?
2022-5-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you did experience an error message on the DJI Fly app after setting up your drone? Kindly please try to perform the gimbal calibration and check if the issue perists. Also, if you could provide us a sample video showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to further isolate the issue that you experienced. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-5-13
Use props
Stingfello
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-13 22:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you did experience an error message on the DJI Fly app after setting up your drone? Kindly please try to perform the gimbal calibration and check if the issue perists. Also, if you could provide us a sample video showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to further isolate the issue that you experienced. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks for the response.  There are no errors related to the condition, and I have calibrated multiple times (gimbal, IMU).  I can't upload a video as it says only pics permitted?  Issue is a repeated gimbal "dance" routine at startup... sometime up to 20+ times, and the video won't feed to controller until completed.  Uses up to 5% battery by then.  Thx.
2022-5-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Stingfello Posted at 5-14 05:16
Thanks for the response.  There are no errors related to the condition, and I have calibrated multiple times (gimbal, IMU).  I can't upload a video as it says only pics permitted?  Issue is a repeated gimbal "dance" routine at startup... sometime up to 20+ times, and the video won't feed to controller until completed.  Uses up to 5% battery by then.  Thx.

Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? You may try to upload your video in Google Drive or Youtube and get the link and send it here for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-5-17
Use props
Stingfello
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-17 01:37
Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? You may try to upload your video in Google Drive or Youtube and get the link and send it here for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

No worries... sent it back to DJI for replacement.  Thanks.
2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Stingfello Posted at 5-17 10:00
No worries... sent it back to DJI for replacement.  Thanks.

Thank you for your response and we're glad that you are now sending the unit in. Hoping to get it back as soon as possible for you to now fly the unit. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Take care always!
2022-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules