mini 3 pro activation, error 500
4289 28 2022-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

hi everyone, i just got the mini 3 with advanced rc, maybe it's early, but i get to put my account data in the rc app, i enter, but when i try to activate the drone it gives me error 500..someone sa explain please thank you
2022-5-13
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145020 ft
France

Mine is charging, I'll tell you if I have the same problem when I'll turn it on.
Maybe we got it too early and have to wait the official release date.
2022-5-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

or maybe not since we can see a couple of hundred mini 3 drones already flying on youtube.
2022-5-13
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

I have the same problem, "server error 500"
2022-5-13
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

why deliver then? this means that all the drones in test and review started pre-activated, I think ..
I wouldn't want to wait days to use it. I also tried with the new dji assistant application made for the mini 3, which connects but does not find any firmware. I believe dji needs to populate the server and enable
2022-5-13
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

Yeah same thing here too, I get "Cannot load firmware list. Please retry" with DJI Assistant
It's the first time I get a product "in advance" and it's been a year I've been waiting for the mini 3 as my first drone, I was really excited about trying it today, what a disappointment
But I made some search, and I saw that other people with the same problem for the RC Pro and the Mavic, but none of the solutions worked (I was hoping DJI assistant would).

Off topic: I'm a newbie with drones (I can't even have my first one working), and I see that you are from Italy, is the use of drones such as the Mini 3 in your country as much restricted as in France ?
I'm going to the Dolomites and then Venice in June, do you know if it is allowed to use a drone in these places (in France you can't use drones in villages, towns and cities).
2022-5-13
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

neodraig Posted at 5-13 12:01
Yeah same thing here too, I get "Cannot load firmware list. Please retry" with DJI Assistant
It's the first time I get a product "in advance" and it's been a year I've been waiting for the mini 3 as my first drone, I was really excited about trying it today, what a disappointment  
But I made some search, and I saw that other people with the same problem for the RC Pro and the Mavic, but none of the solutions worked (I was hoping DJI assistant would).

It is nearly the same accross the EU for sub 250g drones in build-up areas.
Some countries do have some local specific rules, but mostly for >= 250g.

You need to have an insurance and need to register your drone at your local aviation authorities.
The number will be then valid for the whole EU.

Here you might find the right information:
https://fox-alphatango.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/
2022-5-13
Use props
Comhairl
lvl.1
Belgium

I have the same problem, error 500
I hope it's solved on the 17th.
2022-5-13
Use props
Prepe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635148 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Same problem . I have 2 x new Mini 3 Pro and was not able to activate them. Both with error 500. very frustrating
2022-5-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would have thought that the pre-release that the content creators etc received, they probably had to supply their account email for the activation to authorised. for others, prob have to wait till the 17th, just a guess mind...
2022-5-13
Use props
TomC3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21283 ft
United States

Got my drone a few hours ago and now have the same activation problem. Called the store and they said to bring it back. What a bummer!!! Wait, what's on the 17th?
2022-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TomC3 Posted at 5-14 04:43
Got my drone a few hours ago and now have the same activation problem. Called the store and they said to bring it back. What a bummer!!! Wait, what's on the 17th?

That's probably the date when DJI "turns on the switch" to allow activation of the Mini 3 Pros.  
2022-5-14
Use props
TomC3
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 05:11
That's probably the date when DJI "turns on the switch" to allow activation of the Mini 3 Pros.

Never heard of anything like that. Hopefully these drones don't start attacking us with DJI's command in the future.
By the way, is this a worldwide issue?

2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_WhhBcVv5Oji6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296230 ft
Italy

Same issue in Italy
2022-5-14
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

It is interesting  to see, that so many already were able to get one, even if not being an early tester, while others around the world complain that the delivery will take so long time or even is postponed.
2022-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TomC3 Posted at 5-14 05:24
Never heard of anything like that. Hopefully these drones don't start attacking us with DJI's command in the future.
By the way, is this a worldwide issue?

I'm only guessing but I think DJI is optimising the Fly App for the Mini 3 Pro and will release a new version on the official release date for the Mini 3 Pro on May 17.  Their servers should start accepting activations at that time and not throwing the 500 error code.  

The ones they sent out to YT reviewers were probably pre-activated and keep in mind they are on Beta firmware.
2022-5-14
Use props
Frajahr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169665 ft
Austria

I bought the Mini 3 Pro today  in a store and tried to activate it - same server (500) problem here. Did anybody contact the DJI Support and got an answer? Are there any people who bought the Mini 3 pro regularly and could activate it?
2022-5-14
Use props
TomC3
lvl.1
United States

In the addition to this server error, I charged the remote overnight and it still won't make a full charge.
2022-5-14
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

TomC3 Posted at 5-14 15:11
In the addition to this server error, I charged the remote overnight and it still won't make a full charge.

I have the same problem. The remote will only charge up to 3 leds.
Apparently it should be fixed once we update the remote, but we need to wait that our Minis 3 are unlocked
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_WhhBcVv5Oji6
lvl.1
Italy

This is dji support answer from Twitter
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_WhhBcVv5Oji6
lvl.1
Italy

2022-5-14
Use props
TomC3
lvl.1
United States

I came from the DJI store where i bought mine and they were ordered to stop selling for the meantime until the 17th.  The store reps were apologetic and told me that they weren't informed about the May 17th event.

So yes, folks, looks like we all may have to wait till the 17th when  our units get the "command" from DJI HQ to activate.
2022-5-15
Use props
TomC3
lvl.1
Philippines

All good now!
20220517_072518.jpg
2022-5-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does the remote now charge fully
2022-5-16
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

hi guys all solved in this time..grazie
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Andytom69 Posted at 5-16 22:20
hi guys all solved in this time..grazie

We are pleased to hear that your issue has been resolved. Hope you have a good time on flying.
2022-5-16
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Where did you get your Mini 3's? DJI doesn't ship them yet.
2022-5-16
Use props
TomC3
lvl.1
Philippines

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-16 21:56
Does the remote now charge fully

Yes fully charged and firmware updated
2022-5-17
Use props
JilAndByron
New

Philippines

Can we now update the firmware on the Mini 3 Pro and activate fully in the Philippines. Was incredibly annoyed that after purchase at the store yesterday (31 May 2023) they told me not to register it or I may brick the Pro Controller? WTF!!
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules