RTH off after arm replacement
415 9 2022-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CraigVMN
lvl.1

United States

I recently had a mishap (on the ground) which required me to replace the front left arm. The bird is flying again, but now the RTH is off. Before the replacement, it would hit the middle of the landing pad spot on. Since, it's off the mark by up to two meters.

Did I inadvertently knock something off kilter while I had it apart? I've recalibrated the compass twice (away from all metal) and calibrated the IMU.
2022-5-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On take off is the drone climbing vertically to in excess of 7m? See page 15 of the manual.
"a. The Home Point must be recorded upon takeoff and must not be changed during flight. Otherwise, the
aircraft will have no record of the Home Point terrain features.
b. During takeoff, the aircraft must ascend vertically 7 m before moving horizontally.
c. The Home Point terrain features must remain largely unchanged.................."
2022-5-14
Use props
CraigVMN
lvl.1

United States

Takeoff is as always. I make sure I have at least 13 satellites before takeoff. The bird rises 1.2 meters, where I let it hover for a bit, then raise the altitude. I also tried flying with the Litchi app, same result.
2022-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There is nothing that changing the front arm of the aircraft would do to effect RTH accuracy.
2022-5-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CraigVMN Posted at 5-14 14:47
Takeoff is as always. I make sure I have at least 13 satellites before takeoff. The bird rises 1.2 meters, where I let it hover for a bit, then raise the altitude. I also tried flying with the Litchi app, same result.

There's nothing wrong with your drone.
+/- 2 metres is fine when you are using GPS only to guide your RTH landing, because that's as accurate as GPS alone will provide.

If you want it to hit your target spot every time, you need to read p15 of your manual to see how to make the Precision Landing feature work.
2022-5-14
Use props
CraigVMN
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 5-14 16:03
There is nothing that changing the front arm of the aircraft would do to effect RTH accuracy.

I agree, but it was always spot on before, with both the DJI & Litchi apps.

I read the manual, and I am following all the steps & procedures.
2022-5-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CraigVMN Posted at 5-14 16:19
I agree, but it was always spot on before, with both the DJI & Litchi apps.

I read the manual, and I am following all the steps & procedures.

Then read it again.
Pay particular attention to point b.

The Precision Landing performance is subject to the following conditions:
a. The Home Point must be recorded upon takeoff and must not be changed during flight. Otherwise, the aircraft will have no record of the Home Point terrain features.
b. During takeoff, the aircraft must ascend vertically 7 m before moving horizontally.
c. The Home Point terrain features must remain largely unchanged.
d. The Home Point terrain features must be sufficiently distinctive.
e. The lighting conditions must not be too light or to
2022-5-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check the RTH logic and confirm again? If you are still confused, may we have a video to further verify the issue you said?
Here is the linK: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... nual_v1.6_enIII.pdf
2022-5-15
Use props
CraigVMN
lvl.1

United States

I guess the part I was missing was taking it up to 7 meters and letting it hover. Worked fine yesterday. Thanks for the info.
2022-5-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The hover above 7m is not necessary, though I suppose it often happens.
2022-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules