Mini 3 Pro, only 8 bits ?
4112 25 2022-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

The mini 3 pro, is 8 bit color. When you edit, the color will be limited. However with the Air 2s 10 bit color in a video export to H.265 it will allow you to export them with true HDR so that on screens that have the option to reproduce that format they can see much more color and detail of your recording.On the other hand, they announced 48 MP,  and taking into account the size of the sensor, the pixels measure 0.6 µm. In the other option of the camera with 12 MP, there the pixels have a size of 2.4 µm. Which leads me to think that the first option is like grouping four small pixels into one. Remember that the larger the pixel, the better quality you get.
It is only my opinion without the intention of underestimating the Mini 3, it is already known that each model is for each occasion, or use that you want to give it.

2022-5-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Then why post this. Air 2S cost 50% more and is for different market. Also 8 bit HDR is good enough unless you're making a living with your drone.
2022-5-15
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 5-15 08:15
Then why post this. Air 2S cost 50% more and is for different market. Also 8 bit HDR is good enough unless you're making a living with your drone.

Totally agree
2022-5-15
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Wiz33 Posted at 5-15 08:15

First of all, I post this because I want to. Second, 8-bit will be good enough for you, but not for everyone. There are people who don't make a living with drones, but they like to do good photography and video work.
Let's see if we learn that the opinion of others does not have to be the same as ours. You have to respect others if you want them to respect you...
2022-5-15
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Totally disagree.
I don't know if you read the end of my text:
"It is only my opinion without the intention of underestimating the Mini 3, it is already known that each model is for each occasion, or use that you want to give it."
2022-5-15
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Bullflier Posted at 5-15 09:34
Totally disagree.
I don't know if you read the end of my text:
"It is only my opinion without the intention of underestimating the Mini 3, it is already known that each model is for each occasion, or use that you want to give it."

Yes I read the end of your last post.I guess everyone has their own opinion on this matter.
Not agreeing on this will not ruin my day.
2022-5-15
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

NewToy Posted at 5-15 09:46
Yes I read the end of your last post.I guess everyone has their own opinion on this matter.
Not agreeing on this will not ruin my day.

You don't know how happy I am to hear that
2022-5-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bullflier Posted at 5-15 09:29
First of all, I post this because I want to. Second, 8-bit will be good enough for you, but not for everyone. There are people who don't make a living with drones, but they like to do good photography and video work.
Let's see if we learn that the opinion of others does not have to be the same as ours. You have to respect others if you want them to respect you...

You're not making sense. Are you saying that Mini 3 Pro should have 10 bit HDR? Even if that's technically possible (which I don't think it is). They would have to either raise the price by a fair margin or they'll destroy the market for the Air 2S.
2022-5-15
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Something else seems to be despite it can do "up to 150Mbps" bit rate, for 4k modes it only writes at 93Mbps.

Which is less than the mavic 2 and will result in compression artefacts.

Seems a needless crippling - it CAN use higher bit rates but has been told not to.
2022-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bullflier Posted at 5-15 09:29

I agree with you pointing out this even though it is clearly stated in all advertising for Mini 3. But its a bit condescending of to think that professionals turn up their noses at 8 bit. This is completely incorrect and differences are slight and may not affect Any of your professional footage. This is a completely subjective platform and requirements for professional work is normally set out at the outset. Also don’t ever assume that non professionals will accept inferior quality just because they’re not professional. The Mini 3 will have its place in the drone world both professional and hobbyists enthusiasts so please don’t denigrate these people as someone who will accept second best because they don’t choose to call themselves professional.
2022-5-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 5-15 13:48
Something else seems to be despite it can do "up to 150Mbps" bit rate, for 4k modes it only writes at 93Mbps.

Which is less than the mavic 2 and will result in compression artefacts.

Probably difference sensor, processor which may end up using more power adding weight and lowering flight time
2022-5-15
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 14:12
I agree with you pointing out this even though it is clearly stated in all advertising for Mini 3. But its a bit condescending of to think that professionals turn up their noses at 8 bit. This is completely incorrect and differences are slight and may not affect Any of your professional footage. This is a completely subjective platform and requirements for professional work is normally set out at the outset. Also don’t ever assume that non professionals will accept inferior quality just because they’re not professional. The Mini 3 will have its place in the drone world both professional and hobbyists enthusiasts so please don’t denigrate these people as someone who will accept second best because they don’t choose to call themselves professional.

The only one who has denigrated someone with your comments has been you, and according to your argument a certain Wiz33, who literally said "8 bit HDR is good enough unless you're making a living with your drone".
I think you should address your comment to him not me.
2022-5-15
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-15 14:13
Probably difference sensor, processor which may end using more power adding weight and lowering flight time

Not really, apparently 4k/60 could do 150mbps.

There's no technical reason why video quality is reduced to a sub mavic 2 bit rate.

And even more so, the misleading claims about 150mbps on the Mini 3 advertising.
2022-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Examples on limits, thus effects of 8-bit color vs #-bit color

Basic:

Meat of matter:

2022-5-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 5-15 14:50
Not really, apparently 4k/60 could do 150mbps.

There's no technical reason why video quality is reduced to a sub mavic 2 bit rate.

Can you confirm that it's an10 bit sensor? do you know if the current processor can handle 10 bit data and how much more power it will draw if it can and how much weight difference there is between that and the Air 2 sensor and processor? Are you an Engineer?
2022-5-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bullflier. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and for sharing your valued insights with us with regards to this matter. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-5-15
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-15 19:52
Hello there Bullflier. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and for sharing your valued insights with us with regards to this matter. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thank you .....
2022-5-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here we go some pointless numbers again. Think about the content not all those stupid numbers and enjoy your new toy. As for post I have never gone there and probably never will
2022-5-16
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-15 16:01
Can you confirm that it's an10 bit sensor? do you know if the current processor can handle 10 bit data and how much more power it will draw if it can and how much weight difference there is between that and the Air 2 sensor and processor? Are you an Engineer?

I wasn't talking about 10 bit.

I was talking about hardware that can do 150mbps and has been reduced in software from doing so for all but 1 potential mode.
2022-5-16
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-16 02:05
Here we go some pointless numbers again. Think about the content not all those stupid numbers and enjoy your new toy. As for post I have never gone there and probably never will

Content depends on "those stupid numbers".

If the numbers aren't good enough the quality of the content isnt usable.
2022-5-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 5-16 02:16
Content depends on "those stupid numbers".

You dont get it do  you.

Look at the end results if you are happy with it then be happy. From what I have seen so far it is excellent so I don't give a monkeys chuff about those numbers which incidentally most non geek people don't understand
2022-5-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 5-16 02:16
Content depends on "those stupid numbers".

Not usable you say

Are you on Planet Earth or somewhere else
2022-5-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 5-16 02:15
I wasn't talking about 10 bit.

I was talking about hardware that can do 150mbps and has been reduced in software from doing so for all but 1 potential mode.

but how much more power will it use when writing 150mbps and how much heat will it generate?
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Bullflier. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2022-5-17
Use props
squarecrumpets
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184101 ft
United Kingdom

The Mini 3 Pro can now record Video in 10 bits using the D-Cinelike profile that you can switch to on the DJI Fly App
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_awRk3NB0UFSO
New

Australia

squarecrumpets Posted at 5-23 15:09
The Mini 3 Pro can now record Video in 10 bits using the D-Cinelike profile that you can switch to on the DJI Fly App

Is there a formal notification from DJI that states 10 bit was included with last firmware update?
2022-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules