1007 19 2022-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Most of us writing bad experiences or missing features etc. . But this time i would like to write first impressions of mine which mostly good.
M3 absolutely the best rigid well made drone i have ever seen. I owned MA2 and P4 before, this is first flagship drone of mine and very happy with the body and specs.

Battery perfomance more than my expectations.

The remote control identical with MA2, so i would prefer to buy M3 without RC (i still have MA2) but not an option in our local market yet. I'm planning to buy RC Pro if i can find a good price and upgraded fw which supports more DJI drones like MA2.

It is good to see DJI RCs are standard equipment anymore, so same remote can be used with multiple device models (MM2, MA2, M3 ...), but i expect to see solo drone packages without remote more often anymore like apple doesn't put the charger, even charger is not needed i have same spec. charger already and i have one more anymore. Let us save the world together.

What i expect from DJI for future;
Solo drone selling and multiple remote alternatives which the customer can select one which ever they like.
No need to type c charger in the package.
Full set of propeller would be better (2 set instead of one).
M3 started to be selling with unfinished FW and still have problems like GPS. It would be better to have ready finished FW, we wait many years for M3 and we can wait one more year at all.

DJI always the best drone manufacturer and will be i believe. The only problem of DJI about standardisation of products. A remote could be used with others so customer can buy multiple drones with different specs (lightweight, mid size, professional etc.). I'm sure DJI would sell much more drones with that way. Goggles should support all the product line, so most of your customers will buy goggles than. I've already disappointed with GogglesRE which i only able to use it with P4 at all. Hope to see better support for product lines. I'm fun of Apple also and i have almost all the product line of Apple. Any device being supported for other devices. So this is my main expectation from DJI. Please create your ecosystem, your customers absolutely will like that...

2022-5-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice to see a favourable review.
2022-5-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-15 13:14
Nice to see a favourable review.

Agreed, and if they will fix the GPS issue, I will have plenty of good things to say about it as well.
2022-5-15
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I will not be getting a Mini3 because, I am STILL learning about the Mini2, but it is nice to hear some positive comments, and I agree, have two different Smart type remote controllers, that will work with ALL Dji craft. have the programs for them working as close to perfect as you can get them, before selling them.
2022-5-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 5-15 17:11
I will not be getting a Mini3 because, I am STILL learning about the Mini2, but it is nice to hear some positive comments, and I agree, have two different Smart type remote controllers, that will work with ALL Dji craft. have the programs for them working as close to perfect as you can get them, before selling them.

i believe in the 80/20 rule.  it's 2022 and you can no longer wait until something is 100% before it is launched.  the factory has the ability to improve the product midstream and the product has the ability to improve the sw via an update post-launch.  and customer support is a thing.  therefore, as long as you feel the product is ready for the customer, launch it.  try to approach 95% later.  the road from 80 to 95 is long and costly and benefits no one prior to launch; the repercussions are clear.  obviously you don't launch something that doesn't work or can't be fixed but that is up to the manufacturer not the customer.  20 years ago, when the choice was less obvious, products were launched "half-baked" with no option....and we accepted it.  no support, no returns, no feedback, ugh!  it's my personal opinion that you try to be as close to perfect as possible but if there's a plan and a schedule and a cost that will help you decide, trust in your product launch experience....which is truly an art.
2022-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-15 18:02
i believe in the 80/20 rule.  it's 2022 and you can no longer wait until something is 100% before it is launched.  the factory has the ability to improve the product midstream and the product has the ability to improve the sw via an update post-launch.  and customer support is a thing.  therefore, as long as you feel the product is ready for the customer, launch it.  try to approach 95% later.  the road from 80 to 95 is long and costly and benefits no one prior to launch; the repercussions are clear.  obviously you don't launch something that doesn't work or can't be fixed but that is up to the manufacturer not the customer.  20 years ago, when the choice was less obvious, products were launched "half-baked" with no option....and we accepted it.  no support, no returns, no feedback, ugh!  it's my personal opinion that you try to be as close to perfect as possible but if there's a plan and a schedule and a cost that will help you decide, trust in your product launch experience....which is truly an art.

"i believe in the 80/20 rule.  it's 2022 and you can no longer wait until  something is 100% before it is launched.  the factory has the ability  to improve the product midstream and the product has the ability to  improve the sw via an update post-launch.  and customer support is a  thing."

Got to disagree with 80/20 rule from customer perspective.  Great rule from corporate perspectve; until it results in bad publicity.   

Does something have to be 100% before it is launched, No.  But what % it isn't ready can't be flaws or problems which make using product painful or burdening.

When it comes to improving product midstream, such abilities should be reserved for adding new features or improving on products functionality.  Defintely not for implementation of features or functionality the product was marketed as having or required of product.

In today's market, one has to ask "What is customer support"?  Nothing I remember as being support of customer!

2022-5-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KnNLmS. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-5-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 5-15 16:30
Agreed, and if they will fix the GPS issue, I will have plenty of good things to say about it as well.

That may take a little longer
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You and a bunch of others I'm sure Tony.  The key question is when will DJI fix the GPS?  How many months have passed already and still no fix?
2022-5-16
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

M3 is by far the best consumer drone I ever touched. And this is why I keep it still despite ridiculous GPS behavior DJI is not able to fix for more than half a year now
2022-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

alex_markov Posted at 5-16 04:07
M3 is by far the best consumer drone I ever touched. And this is why I keep it still despite ridiculous GPS behavior DJI is not able to fix for more than half a year now

I agree so many good things about this drone, if they can get GPS sorted it will make the difference.
2022-5-16
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

Most of the comments about GPS issue which everbody aware about it. So i don't think DJI can leave it like that, in a way it'll be solved for sure.

I hope it won't be the recall which can make them loose much money. If this issue about HW, they're loosing money daily with their new M3s delivering from factory.
2022-5-16
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-15 18:02
i believe in the 80/20 rule.  it's 2022 and you can no longer wait until something is 100% before it is launched.  the factory has the ability to improve the product midstream and the product has the ability to improve the sw via an update post-launch.  and customer support is a thing.  therefore, as long as you feel the product is ready for the customer, launch it.  try to approach 95% later.  the road from 80 to 95 is long and costly and benefits no one prior to launch; the repercussions are clear.  obviously you don't launch something that doesn't work or can't be fixed but that is up to the manufacturer not the customer.  20 years ago, when the choice was less obvious, products were launched "half-baked" with no option....and we accepted it.  no support, no returns, no feedback, ugh!  it's my personal opinion that you try to be as close to perfect as possible but if there's a plan and a schedule and a cost that will help you decide, trust in your product launch experience....which is truly an art.

Okay, if your formula works for you, then I hope you do well with it.  
2022-5-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Already fixed in the new firmware that will be coming out shortly.
2022-5-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 5-16 09:10
Okay, if your formula works for you, then I hope you do well with it.

it's not a formula.  it's a general rule and it's not my rule to own.
2022-5-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 5-16 09:13

Good.  I am ready for it.
2022-5-22
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

BrianKushner Posted at 5-16 09:13

I'm not so sure about it.

All M3 users writhing in pain here for long time. If they really found a solution already, i don't see any reason to wait that much time.
2022-5-22
Use props
azinne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 831014 ft
United States

Crazy thing is it's just the initial acquisition of the sats. After homepoint is set and I take off, it gets closer to 20 sats. Camera is amazing though. Here's a little Nebraska countryside.

2022-5-22
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m happy to see a positive review too, I love my Mavic 3 only with the exception of the Dji RC-N1 and haveing to use my phone which screen darkens whenever I use it but I plan on buying the Mavic Air2S with the Dji RC Pro anyway because it’s only like 500$ dollars more than the Dji Rc Pro remote itself and that’s including 2 years insurance as well so I consider that a good deal but with the gps problem I’m sure Dji will resolve it as I’m a glass half full kinda person.
2022-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think you nailed it.
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now