1373 13 2022-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Let me guess; DJI developed the M3 Cine with only SSD first, but later on decided to add also micro sdxc card and made a cheaper alternative without SSD with only micro sdxc. But this time some of less skilled engineers placed the micro sdxc card hole onto the device in a place which replacing not possible without removing the battery.

I'm sure you can do better DJI
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didn’t know the Mavic 3 had an Sd slot.  I checked the specs and it only seems to support Micro sdxc cards.

2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didn’t know the Mavic 3 had an Sd slot.  I checked the specs and it only seems to support Micro sdxc cards.   
2022-5-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

No biggy for me! I get done flying, take out the battery, swap cards and good to go.
2022-5-16
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 11:20
I didn’t know the Mavic 3 had an Sd slot.  I checked the specs and it only seems to support Micro sdxc cards.

Micro sdxc card is a sub kind of SD card, sorry for inconvenience, i just updated my message.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KnNLmS Posted at 5-16 11:50
Micro sdxc card is a sub kind of SD card, sorry for inconvenience, i just updated my message.

Lol.  No worries.   But don’t you find those cards are always a pain.
2022-5-16
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

For M3, it is a bit more pain
2022-5-16
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

I've only got smallish hands so can get the card out fairly quickly now without taking the battery off, think they should have at least made the card go in the other side up though.
2022-5-16
Use props
darcy.inventorartist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 958717 ft
Canada

That'd be nice to be able to hot swap it.

Pub perhaps it's designed that way to make sure you don't pull it out while the drone is on and it could be writing to the card?
2022-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KnNLmS Posted at 5-16 12:04
For M3, it is a bit more pain

No its not anymore pain, most dji drones have sd cards in peculiar spots to get in and out, and other drone manufacturers seem to follow suit ;+)
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KnNLmS. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-5-16
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ive never really been bothered by how the micro sdxc card is placed as I use a 1TB Sandisk Extreme Pro micro sd so I actually rarely ever need to take it out to change it out or offload photos but I can attest to people who may have a hard time with it.
2022-5-16
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi KnNLmS,
it is certainly also a question of how often the (micro) SD card actually has to be "exchanged"!!!
At least on the Windows PC you can connect the M3 with a USB-C cable, then switch on the M3...
... and all data can be transferred from the (micro) SD card to the PC.
The data transfer rate for me is about 40 MB/s, so it's pretty fast...
This (micro) SD card can then also be formatted directly from the PC, so that removing the card does not seem necessary at all, in any case not after every flight...

2022-5-16
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

frankymusik Posted at 5-16 23:49
Hi KnNLmS,
it is certainly also a question of how often the (micro) SD card actually has to be "exchanged"!!!
At least on the Windows PC you can connect the M3 with a USB-C cable, then switch on the M3...

Normally, there are some devices on the market, no need to turn on to transfer data from SD card to the computer. Only cable connection needed at all.

I don't like to turn on my M3 for nothing but sure no difference to connect with cable or direcly connect sd card at all. Normally i don't swap my sd card, only remove it for data exchange.
2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules