5064 12 2022-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

After charging the battery for the first time and a quick flight. Battery had to cool down before it would charge again. Anyone?
2022-5-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

This is the way batteries should be treated as they will warm up during charging. Othervise they will be completely overheated and can be damaged or can cause fire.
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same after the firmware update.   Had to cool battery before it would charge.  
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's normal and this is why I always buy extra batteries.  
2022-5-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hurstja. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Please do not charge your DJI Mini 3 Pro's intelligent flight battery immediately after flight. The battery temperature may be too high and may cause serious damage to the battery. Allow the battery to cool down to close to room temperature before charging. Charge the battery at a temperature range of 5° to 40° C ( 41° to 104° F ). The ideal charging temperature range is 22° to 28° C ( 72° to 82° F ). Charging at the ideal temperature range can prolong your DJI Mini 3 Pro's intelligent flight battery life. Thank you.
2022-5-18
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Isn't that how the battery for every DJI drone works and always has worked?  Its how all Lithium based cells work.
2022-5-19
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nevertheless, I observed a very quick (over)heating when flying and filming.
2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I put mine in the fridge for a short while after the firmware update. When I land my battery seems cool enough. The props provide the cooling
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_edT1HhoOSvjB
New
Flight distance : 5640 ft
Saudi Arabia

I have a problem on my drone mini 2 after the firmware update. The battery was overheating and I lost the connection with RC and drone reviews to switch off?
2022-12-17
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

My battery charges when it's hot, but slower. I have a power meter. Towards the end of the charge, it's slower, so it cools down.
If the battery charge rate is above 24W, it will tend to heat the battery up. Generally, I wait for a battery to cool down, before charging.

2022-12-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think DJI's guidance is as follows (paraphrased)

Not charging the battery straight after flight, i let the battery cool whilst using another one.
Not charging a battery straight after a FW update, as above.
Not using a battery straight from a charge, as above.

My own preference;
Not forcing the battery to cool down faster by using a fridge, freezer, AC etc as you run the risk of condensation build-up, although, I would use a normal air fan if it was needed.
If anyone MUST use a fridge/freezer, use an air-tight Ziploc bag, although, this is not me recommending the whole idea, i would advise you didn't, but thats your choice
2022-12-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turn you capture down to 1080p that helps
2022-12-18
Use props
AntonioTech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
Ireland

This is exactly what the instructions advise.
2022-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules