Air 2S Camera won't focus *Clicking noise*
1137 7 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calise1981
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Yesterday I went to fly my Mavic Air 2s, and noticed two things.

1. My Camera will not focus.
It won't focus in manual mode, and it is unable to switch to auto-focus  mode. The camera is in fact STUCK at a the macro/near focus distance.

2. The gimbal makes a "clicking noise"
Or at least what I think is the gimbal. I was flying in a loud area next  to a roadway and didn't notice the clicking at first. Here's a video of  the drone starting up to illustrate what I'm describing. When turned on  and left alone the drone "clicks" every minute or so.

Some things to note.
  • My last suceessful flight was a week ago. I had no problems, no crashes. Nothing. Footage was great.
  • I stored my drone for a week without use, until yesterday when I went to fly again and discovered this issue
  • I've tried refreshing the firmware but get an error after 84%
  • I've tried removing and formatting the memory card

I filed a service report yesterday, but wanted to leave this in case other are having similar problems.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I dont know if its the camera sensor o sotfware.

2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

After turning it on and calibration of everything then try turning it of and on a few times. The gimbal should reset itself .I had similar problems when I got message gimbal is stuck. After turning off and on it reset itself. The air 2s is king for value and the camera quality..cheers good
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there calise1981. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Air 2S and it is good to know that your have contacted our DJI support team. Please rest assured that our DJI support team will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2022-5-19
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Singapore

Meanwhile, try resetting the gimbal in the DJI fly app. Then see how it goes?
2022-5-19
Use props
calise1981
lvl.1
Costa Rica

djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux Posted at 5-19 19:42
After turning it on and calibration of everything then try turning it of and on a few times. The gimbal should reset itself .I had similar problems when I got message gimbal is stuck. After turning off and on it reset itself. The air 2s is king for value and the camera quality..cheers good

Hi, thanks for your help. I did it few times as u said, but the problem persist. The RC and the aircraft firmware are update. I´m thinking that probably i have to change the camera sensor.
If anyone have an idea how to fix, please let me know.
2022-5-20
Use props
calise1981
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Jim_H Posted at 5-19 21:52
Meanwhile, try resetting the gimbal in the DJI fly app. Then see how it goes?

Thanks, but the problem persist. Another idea?
2022-5-20
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I think it's kind of weird that your original post is a copy and paste of a another post made by a different user a year ago - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D768%26typeid%3D768
2022-5-20
Use props
calise1981
lvl.1
Costa Rica

sduck Posted at 5-20 13:00
I think it's kind of weird that your original post is a copy and paste of a another post made by a different user a year ago - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=241682&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D768%26typeid%3D768

Yes, its because i´m having the exact same problem, but i dont see any solution on that post.

If u can help, i´ll appreciate.
2022-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules