o(^-^)o
djiuser_ot54rdLKP0f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 994104 ft
Spain

Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

my mini 2 started recently with an issue is driving me crazy:

I make a video recording and the video gets chopped and continues, I do not know exactly how to explain it, but it is a truly annoying issue.

I make a video and everything goes fluent and ok but when I am about 10 seconds recording there is a cut in the video and then continues, and it happens again later, every so often, so I cant get a normal video record without these cuts of 1 or 2 seconds and it ruins all my videos.

I tried changing the SD CARD but the problem still remain so I don't know what the problem can be. The aircraft had a crash, not many importante, no damages, and it has been 5 or 6 months since that.

Anyone has experienced something like this? anyone could solve it?

thank you, added some examples below:

2022-5-19
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

What are the exact make and model of the cards that you are using? How old are they and have they been used a lot?
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_ot54rdLKP0f3
lvl.1
Spain

neoborg Posted at 5-19 10:34
What are the exact make and model of the cards that you are using? How old are they and have they been used a lot?

I have always used SANDISK, as the picture below and the others in grey (A1 I think), I have 3 or 4 but today I tried using a new one A2 sandisk and the problem haven't been solved yet..

2022-5-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_ot54rdLKP0f3 Posted at 5-19 12:10
I have always used SANDISK, as the picture below and the others in grey (A1 I think), I have 3 or 4 but today I tried using a new one A2 sandisk and the problem haven't been solved yet..

[view_image]

The recording should not skip frames, in fact, I have never seen an example of it doing so. The two clips you have posted have a resolution of 360p, which suggests you got them off your phone. The cached video on the phone will skip frames though, while the real clip on the SD card will be OK.
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and now you are having this issue with your DJI Mini 2. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_ot54rdLKP0f3
lvl.1
Spain

Geebax Posted at 5-19 15:24
The recording should not skip frames, in fact, I have never seen an example of it doing so. The two clips you have posted have a resolution of 360p, which suggests you got them off your phone. The cached video on the phone will skip frames though, while the real clip on the SD card will be OK.

Hello, thank you for your reply,

I added the video in low quality to upload it faster to youtube and attach the files to the support team, but the problem still there when I export it to my pc from the original file. It is not an export issue, the frames got skipped and I see it in both in cache and original file, but I didnt use the original file, I mean, the real clip has exactly the same problem...
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_ot54rdLKP0f3
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 20:04
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and now you are having this issue with your DJI Mini 2. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Hello,

thank you for your reply,

I have already contacted support team twice... but still waiting for an answer so I decided to post it here just in case someone had had the same problem and could provide a solution.

I'll wait for their answer then...

Thank u
2022-5-20
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

What is your frame rate ? And how do you process the videos after importing them into the PC. This seems the typical behaviour of a footage with some mismatch in the frame rate. Please consider that if you set the recording at 30 fps, the Mini 2 camera records at 29.97 fps. And if you import the footage in a video editing software at 30 fps, you obtain a video that jumps every 10 seconds, because there are some frame missing.

2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_ot54rdLKP0f3
lvl.1
Spain

FabioV Posted at 5-20 02:10
What is your frame rate ? And how do you process the videos after importing them into the PC. This seems the typical behaviour of a footage with some mismatch in the frame rate. Please consider that if you set the recording at 30 fps, the Mini 2 camera records at 29.97 fps. And if you import the footage in a video editing software at 30 fps, you obtain a video that jumps every 10 seconds, because there are some frame missing.

Hello, I'm aware of those 29.97 fps, it is not an export problem, I see the skip/jump/cut directly on my phone while I am flying the mini 2, in real time, then, when I export the file, no matter in which device or quality selected, the skip is there.
I mean it is a problem when it is flying and the export just confirm the problem is there...
DJI has answered and says it may be because of the software version or the environment but that's not the problem because the firmware is updated and I fly always in the same places, different situations, problems that wasn't there now they are...
PD: I record 4k 30fps (although we know the fps are 29.97)
2022-5-20
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_ot54rdLKP0f3 Posted at 5-20 03:07
Hello, I'm aware of those 29.97 fps, it is not an export problem, I see the skip/jump/cut directly on my phone while I am flying the mini 2, in real time, then, when I export the file, no matter in which device or quality selected, the skip is there.
I mean it is a problem when it is flying and the export just confirm the problem is there...
DJI has answered and says it may be because of the software version or the environment but that's not the problem because the firmware is updated and I fly always in the same places, different situations, problems that wasn't there now they are...

If you copy the mp4 file directly from the SD card to a PC, is the issue still there ? Based on what you wrote, I guess so, but who knows ... ?
2022-5-20
Use props
Nerdyspain
lvl.1
Spain

FabioV Posted at 5-20 04:32
If you copy the mp4 file directly from the SD card to a PC, is the issue still there ? Based on what you wrote, I guess so, but who knows ... ?

Exactly. The problem is still there and I have to cut the video with Filmora (the software I use) to delete it from the whole video, so I lose many interesting content... It is a real handicap
2022-5-20
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

If you manually set shutter speed to 1/60, 1/120, 1/240 do you still have this problem? Try this
2022-5-20
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Do you still just have a single file?  Last time I flew mine it went really jerky but I ended up with lots of very short videos.  No reason for it it just happened.
2022-5-20
Use props
fans91912c4e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 5-20 08:57
Do you still just have a single file?  Last time I flew mine it went really jerky but I ended up with lots of very short videos.  No reason for it it just happened.

My Mini 2 just started doing something similar. It started after the next to the most recent update of DJI Fly.

The first time I thought I had accidentally stopped and restarted the recording without realizing it happened. But I just flew my bird this morning 08:00 and popped the SD card in my comp and sure enough, two separate videos.

On the app, it shows one flight of approximately 10 minutes but on the SD card it shows two recordings, one of 5:30 and one of 3:30.

Seems like a glitch somewhere in the software.

Anyone else having this issue???
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_ot54rdLKP0f3 Posted at 5-20 00:31
Hello,

thank you for your reply,

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and you rea very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-5-22
Use props
Nerdyspain
lvl.1
Spain

To everyone in this post

I checked the original file and it is working fine! I mixed up things I wasn't editing from the original mp4 file :S so sorry for the post and I am very thankful for all your support. Great community!

Thank you again, sorry fot the mistake, you great people!
2022-5-22
Use props
Nerdyspain
lvl.1
Spain

FabioV Posted at 5-20 04:32
If you copy the mp4 file directly from the SD card to a PC, is the issue still there ? Based on what you wrote, I guess so, but who knows ... ?

Sorry FabioV you were right, the skipped frames are not in the mp4 file. Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was my fault

I was lately editing directly on DJI app and I mixed up things... so noob , sorry

thank you it is working fine with the original mp4 file

2022-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice you got it sorted out!
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced