674 19 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I must admit, I'm very impressed with this drone, it's got a lot of potential and seriously impressive for the size. Also, the body design looks amazing and in-flight it looks the business. Oh and it's REALLY quiet too.
Had it out for a first flight and here are my feature requests:

• Vertical shooting hyperlapses. PLEASE let us take vertical hyperlapses! This mode has so much potential.
  • Shutter Priority Mode within PRO settings. PRO mode is full manual, but I do like capturing in Shutter Priority so that I don't have to manually adjust the exposure when I'm taking lots of photos in a changing environment.
  • Full 360 Panoramic shots, or at least ones which utilise the full upward camera angle
  • 360 shots which use the 48MP images (yes they'll take longer to capture, but the 12mp output images just aren't that great and certainly not something I'll use commercially)
  • Slo Motion D-LOG.

2022-5-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good observations. Useful in helping me to (maybe) get off the fence   Thanks.
2022-5-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-20 07:38
Good observations. Useful in helping me to (maybe) get off the fence   Thanks.

One thing I will say is that the Smart Controller is a much better experience than using the phone/controller combination. You will notice it's nicer to fly with an ergonomically better controller.
2022-5-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 5-20 07:42
One thing I will say is that the Smart Controller is a much better experience than using the phone/controller combination. You will notice it's nicer to fly with an ergonomically better controller.

Noted - but have you had any problems with connectivity due to the enclosed antennas?
2022-5-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-20 07:48
Noted - but have you had any problems with connectivity due to the enclosed antennas?

The only thing I saw was a slight stuttering, which lasted a few milliseconds (only once throughout an entire flight), but aside from that a really good signal.

I will stress however that I was only 150-200 metres away. A lot of people seem to buy this drone and test how far it can fly away. When I next fly it, I'll see how it handles out to 500m and report back.
2022-5-20
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

i vote for the 360 with 48mp and also full tilt of the camera !
2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think with #4 it will be down to the processing power and why it wasnt added already...the rest sound good
2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 5-20 07:52
The only thing I saw was a slight stuttering, which lasted a few milliseconds (only once throughout an entire flight), but aside from that a really good signal.

I will stress however that I was only 150-200 metres away. A lot of people seem to buy this drone and test how far it can fly away. When I next fly it, I'll see how it handles out to 500m and report back.

The stress testing of the range for some of us is purely so we know that its got the power to do whats needed close up and if its anywhere near claimed specs, ie, if it can go 5km then we shouldn't have an issue going around a church at 100m away. Thats what it means to me, and it served me well with the Mini 2, in CE i couldn't get around a church but in FCC i can. Once the range has been established then there's no need to do it again, for me anyway.
Your slight stuttering does not give me great hopes, especially at that distance, its OC3 it should perform well. UNless of course you had to nip in doors to grab a coffee and that when you noticed the stutter?
2022-5-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 5-20 07:52
The only thing I saw was a slight stuttering, which lasted a few milliseconds (only once throughout an entire flight), but aside from that a really good signal.

I will stress however that I was only 150-200 metres away. A lot of people seem to buy this drone and test how far it can fly away. When I next fly it, I'll see how it handles out to 500m and report back.

I (almost) always fly VLOS with my two drones - currently a Mavic Mini One and a Mavic2Zoom.  For all practical purposes that limits it to about 500-600m for the M2Z and with the right cloud cover, upto 400m for the Mini One.  I have pretty good visual accuity, tested regularly. But good transmit and receive range is more about keeping good contact between the RC and the drone.  I like the brightness advantage of the integrated screen/RC you describe, but another correspondent has stated that he found it very cheap and flimsy-looking. Like a kids' toy, in his words, with weak-feeling joysticks. What is your experience please?
2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would be interested to know what phone you used prior to having the new screened remote and how you feel it compares to the brightness of the phone?
2022-5-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-20 08:12
I would be interested to know what phone you used prior to having the new screened remote and how you feel it compares to the brightness of the phone?

I still use the Mavic Air 2s with the RC/iPhone combination, which is what you'd get with this drone.

The weight of the iPhone 12 Pro Max is top heavy and doesn't balance well. The Smart Controller (compared to the other SCs for other drones) is light and comfortable.

The other issue that I often face with RC/Phone is that the iPhone is under a lot of CPU stress when used as a screen and this combined with a hot day means that the screen dims and can even turn off in direct sunlight, which can make filming difficult to impossible, plus it's not that safe.
2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 5-20 08:17
I still use the Mavic Air 2s with the RC/iPhone combination, which is what you'd get with this drone.

The weight of the iPhone 12 Pro Max is top heavy and doesn't balance well. The Smart Controller (compared to the other SCs for other drones) is light and comfortable.

But whats it like with the brightness comparison before the iPhone screen dims, please?
I have the Note 20 Ultra 5g so I'm trying to get an idea, i have not had any issue switch the brightness dimming when i turn off auto brightness... Just trying to gauge how bright DJI 700nits is like compared you're iPhone 820 nits and mine at 1500 nits
2022-5-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-20 08:09
I (almost) always fly VLOS with my two drones - currently a Mavic Mini One and a Mavic2Zoom.  For all practical purposes that limits it to about 500-600m for the M2Z and with the right cloud cover, upto 400m for the Mini One.  I have pretty good visual accuity, tested regularly. But good transmit and receive range is more about keeping good contact between the RC and the drone.  I like the brightness advantage of the integrated screen/RC you describe, but another correspondent has stated that he found it very cheap and flimsy-looking. Like a kids' toy, in his words, with weak-feeling joysticks. What is your experience please?

I own almost every SC that DJI has released. The one for the Mavic Mini 3 is lightweight, compact and runs smoothly. Someone who hasn't had experience with all the SCs might say that it feels cheap, but by comparison it's actually better that it doesn't weigh as much as the others. The fact it's got DJI Fly integrated into it without access to the sub system is good too, it feels cleaner and purpose-built. The screen is bright too, I certainly didn't think it felt dimmer than the others.

The sticks felt fine to me. Maybe a touch on the sensitive side, as I've seen people say, but nothing that can't be fixed in the gains settings. If you're a 'thumber' rather than a pincher of the sticks, I'd say that you might find it a bit sensitive and difficult to lock on complex shots.

Given the option between this SC and the RC/Phone, it'll be the SC all the way.
2022-5-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-20 08:23
But whats it like with the brightness comparison before the iPhone screen dims, please?
I have the Note 20 Ultra 5g so I'm trying to get an idea, i have not had any issue switch the brightness dimming when i turn off auto brightness... Just trying to gauge how bright DJI 700nits is like compared you're iPhone 820 nits and mine at 1500 nits

I just flew it in daylight and didn't have any issues. It's bright enough to capture what I wanted and didn't feel like it needed to be any brighter. Come to think of it, I didn't even check if the brightness was set to max.
No idea about the comparison, I've never given it a thought!
2022-5-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 5-20 08:24
I own almost every SC that DJI has released. The one for the Mavic Mini 3 is lightweight, compact and runs smoothly. Someone who hasn't had experience with all the SCs might say that it feels cheap, but by comparison it's actually better that it doesn't weigh as much as the others. The fact it's got DJI Fly integrated into it without access to the sub system is good too, it feels cleaner and purpose-built. The screen is bright too, I certainly didn't think it felt dimmer than the others.

The sticks felt fine to me. Maybe a touch on the sensitive side, as I've seen people say, but nothing that can't be fixed in the gains settings. If you're a 'thumber' rather than a pincher of the sticks, I'd say that you might find it a bit sensitive and difficult to lock on complex shots.

Thank you.  I am of an age where hand tremors can be an issue in controlling the sticks, so robustness of build is a criteria for me.  I like the idea of the bright integrated screen for work in bright sunlight.
And having the DJI Fly App pre-installed is presumably a plus, too. I was going to migrate from the Mini One to the Mini Two, but I'll monitor all the feedback on the Mini 3 for a while as I'm tempted to leapfrog the 2 and go straight to the 3.  Thanks for your input
2022-5-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@ Bashy - I just checked and the brightness was at default 60%. Guess I really wasn't bothered about checking!
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-20 07:38
Good observations. Useful in helping me to (maybe) get off the fence   Thanks.

Go on get one if you only have the mini 1 the wind capabilities of the Frog or mini 3 pro are worth it alone
2022-5-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-20 21:31
Go on get one if you only have the mini 1 the wind capabilities of the Frog or mini 3 pro are worth it alone

Several people have commented favourably on the wind stability. But I'm still going to wait until the supply limitations have been ironed out to the point where the drone, the integrated RC/screen AND the Flymore combo can be ordered all at once.
Then we'll see
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great ideas.   Please DJI.   
2022-5-21
Use props
Advanced