Practice drone for DJI FPV
1711 5 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yum
lvl.1

Australia

Hi new to drones, I am going to eventually get the DJI FPV and while I know that there is a flight simulator for manual mode, I nevertheless would like to get a bit of practice in manual flying that would translate to the DJI. I'm looking only to practice particular skills, I'm not looking for a camera, or any other fancy stuff, but just something that is cheap, but not rubbish.
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are looking for a flight simulator for the DJI FPV, you might want to check the link below for you to download the DJI Virtual Flight simulator for you to practice flying. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight
2022-5-20
Use props
Yum
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-20 20:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are looking for a flight simulator for the DJI FPV, you might want to check the link below for you to download the DJI Virtual Flight simulator for you to practice flying. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight

OK that's interesting, but is it useful in any way for flying in manual mode? I mean there's no realisitic controller, or do you already need a controller to use it?
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Yum Posted at 5-20 23:10
OK that's interesting, but is it useful in any way for flying in manual mode? I mean there's no realisitic controller, or do you already need a controller to use it?

Thank you for your response. Yes, you can use the application with your iPhone or iPad and you can also use it without the RC however, we strongly recommend using the RC and the Goggles for you to have the immersive flight training. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-5-24
Use props
chinmarifpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74596 ft
United States

my suggestion is to Practice with a tiny whoop, they are plastic and take a beating, some can even do acro mode, and depending on your setup you could use your DJI Goggles
i get more excited to go practice on the real thing than the Sim.
i use the sim when its raining and no access to drones.
2022-5-26
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

If you have any of the Minis, they have an "FPV Mode" setting for the camera.

The drone doesn't fly any differently, but the camera then follows the drone, rather than keeping the image stable.

The actual FPV is rather dramatically more than that, but as pre-FPV practice, it does give you a decent indication of what the image will look like in the goggles when flying the FPV.

That's what I did. Worked good! I always fly my Minis in the FPV camera mode now. The fully stabilized mode just seems too...sterile.

:-)

YMMV.

TCS
2022-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules