First time drone user's impressions
667 13 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anhunedd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22175 ft
United Kingdom

Been interesting reading all the posts here, and thought I'd put in my own observations as a first time drone user. I'm not a YouTuber, nor do I intend to be, and although I like my stills photography, I'm not a professional by any means. This purchase was just to have something cool to use while out walking. Sure, I could have perhaps bought something simpler or cheaper for a first drone, but this seemed to hit all the right buttons for me.

The bottom line can be summed up with the meme from Robocop (the decent one...) - "I Like It!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F6u5TIUbI)

Out of the box, it's performed brilliantly. Here's a video from my very first flight. Unedited - just straight off the drone.

This is a device that a newbie can take out of the box, and within a couple of hours have some decent videos. As one of my friends said, "It's like watching Emmerdale".

I'm not worried about range - a few hundred metres will suit everything I want to do. I'm not worried about battery life - I might get another battery for convenience, but I tested recharging it back from about 50% used to full off an Anker powerbank I had, and it only took 20-30 minutes, and there's enough power in the bank for about 3 full recharges by my calculations - so I can go out walking, stop, fly for 10 minutes, plug it in to the powerbank, walk some more, and be back to full. Repeat. I'm not a pixel peeper - the 12MP Raw images I took seemed to be fine in Lightroom when I hit Auto, and the JPGs were perfectly good to share or print to A4.

I've since tested out some of the more fun things like the tracking around a subject - it just worked. Which is what I want. And even the built-in panoramic does a perfectly good job - sure, I can see stitching errors if I look hard, but given it did this in relatively windy conditions literally at a press of a button, I'm impressed - https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/castell-bryn-gwyn (oddly, I don't seem to be able to do proper links - account too young?)

Bloody great bit of kit basically.
2022-5-22
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Beautiful! Well done, and yes it did remind me of Emmerdale
2022-5-22
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1700502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For a first flight video you were situated in a very scenic place, a good advert for anyone wanting to see what is possible with this drone.
Nicely done Anhunedd!
2022-5-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's nice work for your first attempt. Lovely scenery too.
2022-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely scenery.    I appreciate your first impressions.  Can't wait to get my Mini3P but it is tuck in a DJI warehouse and still in China.  
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Anhunedd. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and for sharing this wonderful video that you have filmed. Great work and keep flying.
2022-5-22
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to  the group and enjoy your new toy :-)
2022-5-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very very good first effort. Glad you like it
2022-5-22
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 301250 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice. Thank you for sharing.  Enjoy your new drone.
2022-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To embed the 360 click the Film camera icon on the toolbar and insert the link that way.  
2022-5-22
Use props
Anhunedd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22175 ft
United Kingdom

Been working with the DNG images saved with a Panorama, as although the "instant" JPG is fine for quick viewing, it can certainly be improved on with a bit of time and software on the PC.

https://kuula.co/post/NHDxR

2022-5-25
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Anhunedd Posted at 5-25 03:44
Been working with the DNG images saved with a Panorama, as although the "instant" JPG is fine for quick viewing, it can certainly be improved on with a bit of time and software on the PC.

https://kuula.co/post/NHDxR

That's a great result!
2022-5-25
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28650751 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's refreshing to see a post like this. Welcome to the hobby, and be warned, this will not be your last drone. Great video!
2022-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now