Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If you are interested in analyzing flightlog and has read this post with some interest > https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=265331

The flightmode shown in the FlyApp isn`t always correct. When flying in ATTI mode or when the stabilisation is done by the Vision system the flightmode doesn`t change on the screen. ATTI warning is shortly seen + audio (but not always...)
The top right GPS icon in the FlyApp shows the number of receiving satellites and the colour (red,amber,white) gives us information about the GPS 'health'.
Or as i name in the "quality" of the receiving sats ; 10 sats in a row in the sky is not that good, 8 receiving sats spread out in the sky gives a more accurate GPS LatLon position.

Red = not enough 'health/quality' to have good LatLon data ; do not fly.
Amber = enough 'health/quality' to have good LatLon data, thus drone can fly in GPS stabilized mode (n mode, c mode, sport).
White = enough 'health/quality' to have good LatLon data to set HomePoint.

In the CSV this 'health/quality' is read in the column "OSD.gpsLevel", value range 0 - 5.
2 more columns are nice to understand, "OSD.isGPSUsed" and "OSD.isVisionUsed".

OSD.isGPSUsed = True is almost always TRUE, it get FALSE when GPS data is simply not received OR is FALSE when drone decide not to use GPS receiving data *.
( * with large yaw/compass errors turns into FALSE but LatLon data is still received and written into the flightlog)

"OSD.isVisionUsed" turns into TRUE the moment GPS data isn`t there to stabilize drone, if within sensor range + enough reference + enough light Vision is used to stabilize the drone.
This mode was called OPTI mode, this naming is kind of dissapeard....

With 2/5 or 3/5 (amber GPS icon) a FlyApp drone is flown in a GPS mode.

PROBLEM is that the FlyApp does not show ATTI or OPTI mode as a flightmode, same for the mode naming in the CSV file....so without some knowledge sometimes logs are wrongly analyzed.

See the video : started my MA2 flight with 0 satellites ; see what is shown on the screen.
In the picture : P-GPS is there with 0 satellites!  See that 2/5 gives a "Gentle GPS" (csv naming) Flightmode, my N mode [bypass] = naming Fly App.
BTW picture shows data as from PhantomHelp CSV (online conversion) and my own analysis program.

HP is set the moment icon turns white = 4/5 or 5/5 for 'health/quality'.

If you have doubts about if drone is flying in GPS mode or in ATTI mode, look for evidence in the log as follows: (see chart)
Find records where the RC forward input is zero to fwd input to zero. In next text assume no wind. (head, cross or tail wind had influence on drone attitude)

GPS mode :
zero to fwd input > drone pitches down > speed increase | fwd input to zero > drone pitches up * > speed to zero > drone flat pitch = stable in hover
* braking

ATTI mode :
zero to fwd input > drone pitches down > speed increase | fwd input to zero > drone to flat pitch **> speed not always to zero *** (if wind then drifing on the wind).
** not braking, *** counter input is nesseccary to stop forward motion.

Any questions  ; just ask.

Cheers
JJB

OPTI takeoff.png
CheckForBraking.png
2022-5-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

In regards to reading CSV flight log information, have you come accross a Excel Filter (or command line filter); which will cut out pointless information?   
2022-5-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-22 11:12
In regards to reading CSV flight log information, have you come accross a Excel Filter (or command line filter); which will cut out pointless information?

mayby i do not understand your question....

Opening a CSV file will show all Columns in the file.
Possible for pointless info is to hide colums, can be done manual or write a macro or add some visual basic to automate even quicker.

In my latest FRAP conversion i only copy columns i need into a new csv.

cheers
JJB
2022-5-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-22 11:27
mayby i do not understand your question....

Opening a CSV file will show all Columns in the file.

You understood.

I was wondering if you had seen a macro to cut-out pointless info from CSV file.  

Or had seen a command-line app / program / utility to run CSV file thru to cut-out pointless info.  Full CSV file in - Filtered CSV file out.

2022-5-22
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

Interesting explanation.  Thanks JJB.
2022-5-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-22 12:06
You understood.

I was wondering if you had seen a macro to cut-out pointless info from CSV file.  

i write my own software/tools, part of FRAP is doing this....
if you only want to skip complete columns than mayby i can help you out (after the summer holidays)

cheers
JJB
2022-5-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ririlan Posted at 5-22 15:22
Interesting explanation.  Thanks JJB.

my pleasure, added some extra info to my post.

cheers
JJB
2022-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules