1158 22 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

As I have mentioned before, I have recently returned from a week-long trip to the Southwest, during which my friend and I visited, amongst other places, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
The park itself was still closed, but it was even better for us, since it meant fewer crowds, and we were not going to visit the park itself anyway.
We stayed in the National Forest area, using numbered forest roads to get where we wanted to be.

Sometimes those roads meant we had to do some work, but that was fun and fine.

I must say, the early May weather was not particularly suitable for photos or videos.
The first day was super windy and when it wasn't there were very few clouds.
Still, I managed to spend a few batteries of my Mavic 3 Cine.
Below is a compilation of several videos I took while flying.
I must admit, it's not my best operator work, as I was mostly concerned if I can get my drone back, since recovering it in case of any mishap was truly not an option.
Suffice to say, I was quite nervous most of the time, and occasionally you can see I was not super gentle on the sticks/wheels.
Anyway, here is what I got.
For those of you who have never seen that part of the landscape close and personal, it might be at least educational.

Thank you for watching!
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DarthSLR. Good day and thank you for posting this cool photo and video that you have shot and created. Great work and keep flying. .
2022-5-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is truly awesome. As someone who has never been to the USA I can only derive a vicarious pleasure from your work. It's so good I'm going to watch it again.   Thanks.
2022-5-22
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Amazing nature. As for the jerkiness: Just lower the values on the gimbal and sticks. Or maybe edit the parts out... And quite a few moves are really good. Like the sun set/haziness.
2022-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome footage Darth,   but does that mean you carry a drone and a chainsaw?
2022-5-22
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really cool Darth, I’ve never personally been to the Grand Canyon as of yet but it’s definitely been on my bucket list for while, although may I suggest for your next trip you look up White Sands in New Mexico. I went there 3 years ago when I was 14 and must I say it is just awesome there I’ve only been flying drones since last October so I don’t have any shots that I’ve taken and I don’t really know if there are any flight restrictions so you can fly your Mavic 3 Cine but it’s still worth seeing it or at the very least checking it out online.
2022-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage Darth.  I've been to the Grand Canyon four times and it is still hard to fathom the millions of years that it took the Colorado River to cut through the Grand Canyon area.  The extremely unique shapes and coloration of that landscape are absolutely fantastic.  

Watching your video makes me want to travel back to the GC again.  
2022-5-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-22 20:52
That is truly awesome. As someone who has never been to the USA I can only derive a vicarious pleasure from your work. It's so good I'm going to watch it again.   Thanks.

Thank you! Glad you liked!
2022-5-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-22 20:09
Hello there DarthSLR. Good day and thank you for posting this cool photo and video that you have shot and created. Great work and keep flying.  .

Thank you!
2022-5-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 5-22 21:49
Amazing nature. As for the jerkiness: Just lower the values on the gimbal and sticks. Or maybe edit the parts out... And quite a few moves are really good. Like the sun set/haziness.

Thank you!
2022-5-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 23:13
Awesome footage Darth,   but does that mean you carry a drone and a chainsaw?

Thank you!
Pretty much, yeah. Part of the kit. Had to deal with 3 or 4 fallen trees  this time.
2022-5-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-22 23:30
Really cool Darth, I’ve never personally been to the Grand Canyon as of yet but it’s definitely been on my bucket list for while, although may I suggest for your next trip you look up White Sands in New Mexico. I went there 3 years ago when I was 14 and must I say it is just awesome there I’ve only been flying drones since last October so I don’t have any shots that I’ve taken and I don’t really know if there are any flight restrictions so you can fly your Mavic 3 Cine but it’s still worth seeing it or at the very least checking it out online.

Thank you!
I wanted to go to WS for quite some time. Need to figure out when. My next trip is mid summer, so NM is probably not a good idea due to the heat. But I’ll try to get there eventually.
2022-5-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-23 02:11
Awesome footage Darth.  I've been to the Grand Canyon four times and it is still hard to fathom the millions of years that it took the Colorado River to cut through the Grand Canyon area.  The extremely unique shapes and coloration of that landscape are absolutely fantastic.  

Watching your video makes me want to travel back to the GC again.

Thank you!
Yeah, GC is a great place to relax, at least if you can get away from the crowds.
2022-5-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 5-23 05:49
Thank you! Glad you liked!

Indeed I did
2022-5-23
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 5-23 06:02
Thank you!
Yeah, GC is a great place to relax, at least if you can get away from the crowds.

Yeah getting away from crowds is nice I mean crowds are good for building an Empire or something like that but just in general it’s nice to get away.
2022-5-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 5-23 06:02
Thank you!

You're very welcome Darth.  

For sure the crowds are a real pain.  
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there DarthSLR. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Impressive footage!
2022-5-31
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer