Controller wont charge, don't do what I did. Ho hum.
645 10 2022-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got hold of a ''will not charge'' controller.

I opened it and disconnected one cell lead then charged that cell. When it was charged I reconnected that cell and repeated the process for the other cell.

All was fine and I have flown enough to flatten the cells so this time I thought I will try charging both cells at the same time, -----oooops----. one dead controller, ......nothing, nada, kaput.

i don't think I cooked any thing I am guessing there is some sort of BMS on the controller main board and if it sees 0V for too long it goes ''so long chum'', dammit.

RECHARGE ONE CELL, THEN THE OTHER AND ENSURE THERE IS ALWAYS ONE CELL CONNECTED TO THE MAINBOARD.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing ..........oh well.

OH DJI staff, thanks for any such suggestion but I will not be returning this for repair or resetting? of the  BMS/gas gauge trip?.
2022-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These BMS systems that try to defeat battery cell replacement should be banned,   especially the ones that use the low volt detect to initiate it,   Linus tech tips did a big video on it a few weeks ago promoting its ban.  

I see for M2P theres now a guy selling a device to reset the batteries if you leave those flat for too long which is nice.  
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sean-bumble-bee. I am sorry to read and to know about what happened to your DJI Remote Controller. If this issue will happened in the future, it would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance and  just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI product  to avoid further damaging the unit. Thank you.
2022-5-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 02:30
These BMS systems that try to defeat battery cell replacement should be banned,   especially the ones that use the low volt detect to initiate it,   Linus tech tips did a big video on it a few weeks ago promoting its ban.  

I see for M2P theres now a guy selling a device to reset the batteries if you leave those flat for too long which is nice.

Not that I'm likely to leave my M2Z batteries idle for long enough to flatten them, nor run then down to zero whilst flying,  but that's handy to know. Do you have a link?
2022-5-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A cautionary tale for us all. Thanks for sharing your bitter experience.
2022-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-23 02:48
Not that I'm likely to leave my M2Z batteries idle for long enough to flatten them, nor run then down to zero whilst flying,  but that's handy to know. Do you have a link?

Sure Mr B -

2022-5-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 03:18
Sure Mr B -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3DrwyzjVvo

Thanks for that. Tucked it away for a rainy day that might never come
2022-5-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 02:30
These BMS systems that try to defeat battery cell replacement should be banned,   especially the ones that use the low volt detect to initiate it,   Linus tech tips did a big video on it a few weeks ago promoting its ban.  

It would be good if he did one the Phantom 3 batteries too.
I am down loading the video and subtitles as I type and will copy the subtitles too but if this guy is speaking in English can an English speaker listen to what he says and compare that to the English subtitles please?

E.g. 00:01:08,159 --> 00:01:10,240
so basically what this does is talk to

00:01:10,240 --> 00:01:13,520
the chip via sda and seo   ???????

00:01:13,520 --> 00:01:16,960
and the battery so the bms

2022-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-23 03:23
Thanks for that. Tucked it away for a rainy day that might never come

No probs Mr B.   Hopefully that day will never come here either.  
2022-5-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 04:16
No probs Mr B.   Hopefully that day will never come here either.

2022-5-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does he say which windows version or 32/64bit? Because it doesnt like Win7 on 64bit.
2022-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules