1255 17 2022-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 382822 ft
Turkey

Dear DJI,
My name is Batuhan. I owned a DJI Mavic Mini 2 until 2 days ago. However, my device was about 300 meters away from me in Istanbul/Kadıköy Beach and fell into the sea in front of my eyes. My product is under warranty and I need your support. If you wish, I can share the last location of my device and the images it took. Please help, the link to my youtube channel is below, I love this device...

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRCr7KCnppj3miU7FyfSA5qv8NjjMb_-a

2022-5-24
Use props
djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX
lvl.1
Turkey

2022-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Batuhan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened to your DJI Mini 2. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. If the DJI drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2022-5-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

how and why "interesting" ??  what happend?
upload your flightlog if you like > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2022-5-24
Use props
djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX
lvl.1
Turkey

JJB* Posted at 5-24 23:11
how and why "interesting" ??  what happend?
upload your flightlog if you like > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

My log is below,

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/7MT3MX8XKGT2KNSO5CHG
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX
lvl.1
Turkey

All Log https://we.tl/t-Udn4bRHSfl
I have forwarded my problem to support@dji.com

I hope I wrote to the correct address.
2022-5-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Interesting is mayby the wrong word for what happend.

Your MINI2 lost connection at 2m33s for 11.4 seconds.
BUT your ReturnToHome failsafe action was set to LAND, wich it  did !
You could have cancelled this landing ofcourse, as your RC was during the landing in connection.
Your last UP input slowed down the descend, but then lost control, so it did continue the landing.
Just one push on the Pause button would have saved your drone.

Not too much drone flying experience i guess, a proper pre flight check before a flight is so important! (e.g. check RTH height setting, check RTH failsafe action, and more things to check...)
Your RTH height was set to 500 meter !  way to high for a flight in your area. Think about how much time it takes to fly up to that height....battery usage for no distance flying towards home.....

Sorry for your loss.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX
lvl.1
Turkey

djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX Posted at 5-25 01:31
All Log https://we.tl/t-Udn4bRHSfl
I have forwarded my problem to support@dji.com

If my signal is going even at a distance of 500 meters, please do not write 10 KM on the box. I am more sorry than you because I paid my 3rd salary just for this device because of the economic problem my country is in. But you only blame me  Have a nice day.
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX
lvl.1
Turkey

djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX Posted at 5-25 03:18
If my signal is going even at a distance of 500 meters, please do not write 10 KM on the box. I am more sorry than you because I paid my 3rd salary just for this device because of the economic problem my country is in. But you only blame me  Have a nice day.

It's just my fault? Thanks for your support. I saw how your after sales support was.
2022-5-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

If my signal is going even at a distance of 500 meters, please do not write 10 KM on the box. I am more sorry than you because I paid my 3rd salary just for this device because of the economic problem my country is in. But you only blame me  Have a nice day.

Hi,

Understand your frustration, but 10KM distance is mayby mayby possible in free of obstacles and free of any interference to the signals.
Your disconnect beacuse your drone, flying at 18 meters, was behind a building, see the 2 pictures.
So the signal RC<>drone was blocked, thus a disconnect. Assume that you did not reposition yourself after takeoff.

Checked another file of yours ; short disconnect flying at 6 meters height behind obstacles too. Line of Sight is not only visual wise for a remote pilot but also for radio signals.

So on your question "it is just my fault?" :  well,  just lack of knowledge to make a flight safely executed.
And if your RTH setting was set to RTH instead of LAND than you still had your drone.
Climbing in RTH would bring the connection back, so you had probably cancelled the RTH as it was climbing to 500 meter.

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX
lvl.1
Turkey

The connection between the RC Remote and the device was lost and I was automatically logged out of my FLY Safe account. I couldn't control the drone as I couldn't login to my account and I lost my drone in mid-air. My only problem is why I couldn't connect to my account and couldn't see the camera even though I was close to the drone. It landed in the sea right in front of my eyes.

Due to the economic problems in my country, I paid 3 salaries for this device I hope DJI will provide support.
2022-5-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At some point in your, or someone else's, usage of this drone, the response to a disconnection, FAILSAFE, had been changed from the default of RTH to LAND.
So, in the sense that when it suffered a disconnection, it landed, that is your fault, no one else's.
Even if someone else changed the setting you should have checked the setting before flying and especially before lying over water.
Also as JJB pointed out setting the RTH height limit to 500m is, if used, wasteful of power and, for this flight, probably illegal. The height limit in Turkey appears to be 400ft/121m above the ground beneath the drone. It seems you have quite often been above 400ft and in one flight you went up to almost 1000ft over water.

In addition such height may put the drone up into strong winds which may blow your drone away.

As for JJB's ''customer support'', aside from diagnosing the reason for the drone's loss, part of what folks do here is give advice aimed at teaching people to fly their drones more wisely and safely.

There is no point in the likes of JJB lying so as to not offend a pilot, settings and physics have little regard for peoples' sensibilities.
Set inadvisable settings and you are likely to suffer as a consequence, in this case you did.

Maybe, if you get another drone, you will remember theses posts and JJB will not have wasted his time.

2022-5-25
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX Posted at 5-25 05:51
The connection between the RC Remote and the device was lost and I was automatically logged out of my FLY Safe account. I couldn't control the drone as I couldn't login to my account and I lost my drone in mid-air. My only problem is why I couldn't connect to my account and couldn't see the camera even though I was close to the drone. It landed in the sea right in front of my eyes.

Due to the economic problems in my country, I paid 3 salaries for this device  I hope DJI will provide support.

See... This is why tech support dislike people.

The fact that the app was malfunctioning pertinent piece of information that should have been shared in the original post. Unfortunately, since you weren't upfront about this and there isn't really a way to prove it, there will be some, DJI included, that will be skeptical about it.

That said, I'll straight up say that yes, it is your fault:
  • There is a weather warning at the beginning of your flight.
  • You are flying low over water.
  • You have the RTH setting set to the worst setting there is. (And your RTH altitude is crazy high.)
  • You had multiple warnings during the flight and disregarded them.
  • You flew your drone to an area that had an obstacle between it and you.

I don't know about other people on this forum but if a toy costs as much as these drones do, I do a lot of research into how to not lose it. Yes, there is an apparent lack of knowledge here in how the drones failsafe work... but it is completely pilot error in not understanding that before the flight.
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX
lvl.1
Turkey

If it's my fault then lock the thread. Thanks.
2022-5-25
Use props
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

Constructive criticism just took a boot in the butt!
2022-5-25
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Hard lesson, but hey, that's life.
2022-5-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX Posted at 5-25 06:38
If it's my fault then lock the thread. Thanks.

It should be left open, other people may learn from your mistakes/story and may have relevant questions.
It would be interesting to know if you have learnt anything from what has been said to you i.e. make sure your settings are appropriate?
2022-5-25
Use props
Eheran
lvl.2

Germany

djiuser_QUiMbzE3lwLX Posted at 5-25 05:51
The connection between the RC Remote and the device was lost and I was automatically logged out of my FLY Safe account. I couldn't control the drone as I couldn't login to my account and I lost my drone in mid-air. My only problem is why I couldn't connect to my account and couldn't see the camera even though I was close to the drone. It landed in the sea right in front of my eyes.

Due to the economic problems in my country, I paid 3 salaries for this device  I hope DJI will provide support.

It doesnt matter if the app crashed or not or if there is even a smartphone connected to the RC to begin with. The RC controlls the drone regardless of the smartphone. The app can crash or the phone die or whatnot: It doesnt matter, the RC works as long as you have a connection.

About your multiple "3 salaries for the drone": If its that important to you, why would you ever use it so irresponsibly in the first place?
2022-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules