Help please
709 4 2022-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_peabxhAMqz1c
New
Flight distance : 96483 ft
United Kingdom

I am experiencing an issue whereby I cannot preview low res videos when controller is attached to the mini. I get an error message to say that the camera is overheating. Has anyone else ever experienced this?
0E900B63-B52E-44A5-AE81-75427204E947.png
2022-5-25
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Hallo, djiuser_peabxhAMqz1c!
Is the aircraft in the air during the preview/overheating? Mini has no active cooling system. It must be in the air to cool the electronic components and transfering video from the aircraft to the controller could produce some heat.
If it is the case, my advice for you would be to do it when Mini is in the air, or plug the SD card to your mobile to see the records.
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_peabxhAMqz1c
New
Flight distance : 96483 ft
United Kingdom

Mashroomhut Posted at 5-25 11:24
Hallo, djiuser_peabxhAMqz1c!
Is the aircraft in the air during the preview/overheating? Mini has no active cooling system. It must be in the air to cool the electronic components and transfering video from the aircraft to the controller could produce some heat.
If it is the case, my advice for you would be to do it when Mini is in the air, or plug the SD card to your mobile to see the records.

The aircraft is not in the air. You are right that this is possibly just a feature of the device. Thank you for your advice! I will preview footage when the aircraft is in the air in the future. Thank you!
2022-5-25
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

If you need to do much with the Mini on the ground, you can put a fan blowing air onto it, and it will do a good job of keeping it cooled off.  Normally I pull the uSD card from my Mini and plug it into my computer to download videos.  However when doing firmware updates etc inside my house, I position a fan so that it is blowing towards the front of the Mini from slightly below the Mini.
2022-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Just a reminder that the DJI Mavic Mini  uses a heat sink on the bottom of the drone to dissipate heat. After the DJI Mavic Mini is powered for about 15 mins. and kept on a flat surface ( such as ground or a desk ) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. In this case, the DJI drone should be turned off for a while to drop its temperature before using it again. Thank you.
2022-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules