Propeller screw broken
1295 11 2022-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Morten-T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7789 ft
Denmark

I crashed and a propeller screw broke instead of propeller, se attached images.
Is it possible to remove the broken screw or do I have to replace the entire arm?
I am suprised that the propeller did not broke instead.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Morten
2022-5-29
Use props
Morten-T
lvl.1
Denmark

2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, there. We are sorry to hear about that. Since the drone has crashed, we suggest you send it back for further testing. You may contact us via support@dji.com to open a case.
2022-5-29
Use props
Morten-T
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 5-29 05:26
Hello, there. We are sorry to hear about that. Since the drone has crashed, we suggest you send it back for further testing. You may contact us via  to open a case.

Thank you for your reply.
It was not a serious crash, just hitting a wall with the propeller and it fell down 20 cm.
But I am suprised that the screw broke and not the propeller - Now I have to replace the entire arm, with extra costs and a lot of time that I will not be able to fly.

It is not an option returning the drone - only if you send me a replacement first.

Morten
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Morten-T Posted at 5-29 06:32
Thank you for your reply.
It was not a serious crash, just hitting a wall with the propeller and it fell down 20 cm.
But I am suprised that the screw broke and not the propeller - Now I have to replace the entire arm, with extra costs and a lot of time that I will not be able to fly.

Sorry to hear about that. In order to ensure the safety of the flight, we still recommend you send the drone back for further testing at your convenience. In case there are some invisible damages, we can also assist you to find out and fix them. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-5-29
Use props
Morten-T
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 5-29 19:44
Sorry to hear about that. In order to ensure the safety of the flight, we still recommend you send the drone back for further testing at your convenience. In case there are some invisible damages, we can also assist you to find out and fix them. Thanks for your understanding and support.

The issue is how to remove the broken screw or get a replacement arm asap.

It must be a production- or design flaw when the weakest part is the screw and not the propeller.

Can return the arm when I have got a replacement arm.

It is not an option returning the entire drone and be without it enitre summer.

Morten
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Morten-T Posted at 5-29 21:10
The issue is how to remove the broken screw or get a replacement arm asap.

It must be a production- or design flaw when the weakest part is the screw and not the propeller.

Sorry to hear about that. Please kindly note that in the process of collision, the drone is subjected to external force, which may cause damage to different parts of the drone. Besides, we cannot provide a replacement one first. If you have any doubts about the flight, you may apply for data analysis if it's under warranty period. We still recommend you send it back for testing at your convenience. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2022-5-30
Use props
Morten-T
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 5-30 00:46
Sorry to hear about that. Please kindly note that in the process of collision, the drone is subjected to external force, which may cause damage to different parts of the drone. Besides, we cannot provide a replacement one first. If you have any doubts about the flight, you may apply for data analysis if it's under warranty period. We still recommend you send it back for testing at your convenience. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Hi
It is brand new. And a combination with my previous drone, the controller is not programmable, I am lefthanded and I had the sticks altered for my convinience. So instead of lifting, I went forward and into a brick.
I am quite sure that it is no other damages to the drone other than the propeller screw. Even the propeller looks fine - will of course replace all 4 in front due to hidden cracks.
2022-5-30
Use props
Morten-T
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 5-30 00:46
Sorry to hear about that. Please kindly note that in the process of collision, the drone is subjected to external force, which may cause damage to different parts of the drone. Besides, we cannot provide a replacement one first. If you have any doubts about the flight, you may apply for data analysis if it's under warranty period. We still recommend you send it back for testing at your convenience. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Where is it possible to buy a left front arm with motor asap?
No stores in Denmark has one in stock
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Morten-T Posted at 5-30 01:12
Where is it possible to buy a left front arm with motor asap?
No stores in Denmark has one in stock

Hi, there. We still don't recommend you fix the drone yourself. Since the damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals will not be covered by warranty according to DJI After-Sales policy. We suggest sending it back to our official repair center for maintenance if the drone needs to be repaired in the future. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2022-5-30
Use props
Morten-T
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 5-30 01:32
Hi, there. We still don't recommend you fix the drone yourself. Since the damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals will not be covered by warranty according to DJI After-Sales policy. We suggest sending it back to our official repair center for maintenance if the drone needs to be repaired in the future. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

OK, I will consider it since I have bought an insurance also.
How do I do that?
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Morten-T Posted at 5-30 01:35
OK, I will consider it since I have bought an insurance also.
How do I do that?

You may contact us via support@dji.com and report your issue to our team to open a case. Thank you.
2022-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules