Mini 3 Pro Carrying Case
7814 38 2022-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone got a case they'd recommend where the drone, controller and batteries go in flat and you can carry everything protected?

I'm planning on travelling again with the drone like I did with my Mini 2.  I have a case for the Mini 2 and wanted something similar to this.
20220530_114551.jpg
20220530_114615.jpg
20220530_114632.jpg
2022-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use hard cases on all my drones, mostly from Nanuk.  However, I ordered the below more compact case for my grandson's Mini3P.

SkyreatCase.jpg
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there chillibadger. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro can give out and share what carrying case they have to carry and store there DJI Mini 3 Pro and its accessories. Thank you.
2022-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice case. Striking skin for the drone.
2022-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-30 03:50
I use hard cases on all my drones, mostly from Nanuk.  However, I ordered the below more compact case for my grandson's Mini3P.

That looks a neater arrangement
2022-5-30
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-30 03:55
Nice case. Striking skin for the drone.

thanks.  when flying with my friend it makes it easier to tell which is mine
2022-5-30
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-30 03:50
I use hard cases on all my drones, mostly from Nanuk.  However, I ordered the below more compact case for my grandson's Mini3P.

i like that case
2022-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-30 03:55
That looks a neater arrangement

I think that bag will be a bit more functional than stuffing everything into the bag that comes with the FMC.  I like the hard cases as they can be locked and are waterproof.  Being waterproof is a necessity when living on a boat.  
2022-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It seems like it will be a nice case and the price is really good.  I wanted something a bit more protective than what the Fly More Combo bag provided and it is easier to organize also.  Hope that the grandson likes it.  
2022-5-30
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-30 05:50
It seems like it will be a nice case and the price is really good.  I wanted something a bit more protective than what the Fly More Combo bag provided and it is easier to organize also.  Hope that the grandson likes it.

personally i don't like the fly more combo bag.  it feels so tight putting it in there.  i can never work out whether to put the drone in front first or not.  i loved using the case for my mini 2.  drone felt protected travelling through airports, transfers etc.

The one you posted is £36 on Amazon uk, is that the cheapest around?
2022-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 5-30 04:21
thanks.  when flying with my friend it makes it easier to tell which is mine

I thought it just had a sun-tan
2022-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-30 05:48
I think that bag will be a bit more functional than stuffing everything into the bag that comes with the FMC.  I like the hard cases as they can be locked and are waterproof.  Being waterproof is a necessity when living on a boat.

It's a necessity in a climate like ours too
2022-5-30
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Today the hard case from StartRC arrived.
Surprisingly i could not open it, the top and bottom were bend a little inward and i seems that it had been closed at a lower airpressure than it is at my location or it is related to shipment by airplane.
Even opening the pressure seal on the frontside doesn't help. A little screwdriver at the edge between the top and bottom shell did the job to equalize the airpressure.
After checking the pressure seal from the inner side i saw that some glue from the foam mounting had covered the hole.
Over all this is a nice case. The foam is a little softer than in my other cases, but it didn't have that chemical smell like the others, which btw. was gone after a few days.

2022-5-30
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always use the fly more case for my mini  (have them all but sold the original mini recently) and have never had any of them damaged. I bought them for the compact size and light weight when I travel and it just does not make sense to get a larger/heavier case especially now that we're facing tight dimension and weight limit for carry on. A larger/heavier case is also a pain if you have to carry it all day on a train or bus. The fly more case works out perfectly  and iit even have room to store my Osmo Pocket 2 or a small battery pack.
2022-5-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did buy the FM Kit for my Mini 2 but i have never gone out with that man bag, just couldn't bring myself to do it, so i bought a Lowepro Flipside 400AW II (cheap enough used now), i absolutely love this bag for the Mini 2 and there is also room to house another drone, Mini 3 or Air 2s with DJI-RC, SC or RC Pro, granted, with the latter 2 i would need to rearrange the configuration but its doable, with specific room for a thin laptop and large tablets and its a great step down from the Manfrotto D1 for my P4P, that's more like a blooming 60L rucksack lol. I know its not for everyone and i did buy some extra inserts, its the portability and comfort that the backpack affords me, I have a bad back so anything that helps is a bonus

For me, perhaps the FM kit for the Mini 3 would be a waste of money perhaps? I would only need the batteries, hub and props, would need to check pricing on that...
2022-5-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The flymore case with the mini 2 was excellent and far better than people thought. Those that did not try it were missing out.

The case with the mini 3 is the same case but without the side handle. It needed to be a bit larger in my view as everything with the mini 3 is slightly larger than the mini 2.

I am using the fly more bag supplied with the Mavic Air 2 which is excellent. I can even leave the remote sticks attached
2022-5-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-30 20:41
The flymore case with the mini 2 was excellent and far better than people thought. Those that did not try it were missing out.

The case with the mini 3 is the same case but without the side handle. It needed to be a bit larger in my view as everything with the mini 3 is slightly larger than the mini 2.

I nicked an insert from the rubbish bag i bought, and it is really rubbish, but the insert meant i could drop my controller into my new bag with the sticks attached, you can see the insert on the images, nowt worse than faffing about having to fit those before each flight, my mate has to lol
2022-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-5-31
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 00:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5XohgaNrK8

good looking cases.  think for taking in hand luggage probably a bit bulky for me
2022-5-31
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

What I would like is a seperate case/sleeve for the drone and one for the RC. I can't seem articulate the correct search as all that comes up is bags/cases for the whole kit. Anyone had any luck?
2022-5-31
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RalUK Posted at 5-31 01:07
What I would like is a seperate case/sleeve for the drone and one for the RC. I can't seem articulate the correct search as all that comes up is bags/cases for the whole kit. Anyone had any luck?

like these?
2022-5-31
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes, they look decent. Although I was Ideally after a soft case, these may do if they still fit into the FMC case. Where are these from?
2022-5-31
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RalUK Posted at 5-31 01:17
Yes, they look decent. Although I was Ideally after a soft case, these may do if they still fit into the FMC case. Where are these from?

Aliexpress

link below

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... 009559517_2&s=p
2022-5-31
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 5-31 01:19
Aliexpress

link below

Cheers! I'll take a look
2022-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very good!
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 5-30 06:45
personally i don't like the fly more combo bag.  it feels so tight putting it in there.  i can never work out whether to put the drone in front first or not.  i loved using the case for my mini 2.  drone felt protected travelling through airports, transfers etc.

The one you posted is £36 on Amazon uk, is that the cheapest around?

Cheapest I've found of that quality.
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-30 06:56
It's a necessity in a climate like ours too

No doubt about that Mr. B.    You get plenty of rain in the UK.  
2022-5-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 07:39
No doubt about that Mr. B.    You get plenty of rain in the UK.

Spent today dodging the rain to get a bit of footage with the Pocket2
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-31 07:49
Spent today dodging the rain to get a bit of footage with the Pocket2

That's a great thing about the P2, just whip it out and start shooting.  You can even pull it out and shoot from under your umbrella when it's raining.  Can't do that with a drone.  
2022-5-31
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 00:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5XohgaNrK8

Best in the business!
2022-5-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 08:18
That's a great thing about the P2, just whip it out and start shooting.  You can even pull it out and shoot from under your umbrella when it's raining.  Can't do that with a drone.

Umbrella? moi?  Unlikely
2022-5-31
Use props
Bayou7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exactly what I'm looking for but don't know of any seller in North America that is carrying these. Hopefully soon and link will be provided.
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 5-31 08:36
Best in the business!

They do seem really nice indeed.  
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-31 08:41
Umbrella? moi?  Unlikely

Was just a passing thought.  
2022-5-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 14:30
Was just a passing thought.

2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I love it.  Reminds me of Inspector Gadget.  
2022-6-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-1 08:58
I love it.  Reminds me of Inspector Gadget.

2022-6-1
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ordered this in the end from AliExpress.  I liked the soft middle partition that would protect the drone and screen from the zip inside.  Also ordered screen protectors (9H hard glass)
2022-6-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 6-1 11:52
ordered this in the end from AliExpress.  I liked the soft middle partition that would protect the drone and screen from the zip inside.  Also ordered screen protectors (9H hard glass)[view_image]

Very nice case.  That soft middle partition will definitely be nice in protecting the contents from the zipper.  I ordered a 9H glass screen protector also.  Hasn't come in yet....but then neither has my Mini3P.  Held up like all the orders here in the US.
2022-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules