DJI MINI 3 US in EUROPE
13367 38 2022-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArCon.md
lvl.2
Flight distance : 284026 ft
Moldova

Will I be able to use the dji mini 3 bought in America in Europe? Or are there any restrictions and is the version bought in Europe better for Europe?
Thanks!

2022-5-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you can but I think the drone etc will spot the location via gps and switch the power to CE mode which is fine. I am not sure about this but others may know better
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ArCon.md. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that due to local policy and regulation restrictions, the 5.8 GHz frequency band is currently banned in certain countries, including but not limited to Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. Please use the 2.4 GHz frequency band when operating in these locations. Always check local rules and regulations before use, as they may change over time. Thank you.

FCC: United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Chile, Colombia, Puerto Rico, and other regions. Max transmission range: 12 km
SRRC: Mainland China. Max transmission range: 8 km
CE: UK, Russia, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Macau, New Zealand, UAE, and other regions. Max transmission range: 8 km
MIC: Japan. Max transmission distance: 8 km
2022-5-30
Use props
ArCon.md
lvl.2
Moldova

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-30 21:37
Hello there ArCon.md. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that due to local policy and regulation restrictions, the 5.8 GHz frequency band is currently banned in certain countries, including but not limited to Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. Please use the 2.4 GHz frequency band when operating in these locations. Always check local rules and regulations before use, as they may change over time. Thank you.

FCC: United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Chile, Colombia, Puerto Rico, and other regions. Max transmission range: 12 km

My conclusion: dji mini 3 bought in us will work, but at a frequency of 2.4 GHz.
Thanks for the answer.
2022-5-30
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-30 21:37

DJI Stephen, thank you for sharing this information. It is appreciated.
2022-5-30
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

ArCon.md Posted at 5-30 21:48
My conclusion: dji mini 3 bought in us will work, but at a frequency of 2.4 GHz.
Thanks for the answer.

In most EU countries it will work with 5.8Ghz too, but with a lower output power mode.
However, in some countries, 5.8Ghz is banned, as mentioned above.
2022-5-30
Use props
ArCon.md
lvl.2
Moldova

Yaros1 Posted at 5-30 23:43
In most EU countries it will work with 5.8Ghz too, but with a lower output power mode.
However, in some countries, 5.8Ghz is banned, as mentioned above.

but in the settings it can not be forced to switch to 2.4 GHz?
2022-5-30
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

ArCon.md Posted at 5-30 23:59
but in the settings it can not be forced to switch to 2.4 GHz?

Yes, in the countries that 5.8Ghz is illegal, it will be forced to 2.4Ghz automatically.
In the countries that do not force you to use 2.4Ghz you can choose between Auto (Dual-Band), 2.4Ghz only, 5.8Ghz only.
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dont forget to register and label the drone in the countries you wish to fly,  and if you use the plus battery you'll also need to take the online exam.
2022-5-31
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

As well as registering, he will, in the UK, still have to take the online exam even if he doesn't use the plus battery. He requires that for the Operator ID does he not?
2022-5-31
Use props
Mechanism
lvl.3

United Kingdom

As I understand it, an Operator ID is just a fee and registration, i.e. no test, and is required for the DJI Mini 3 Pro in the UK. The test is for a Flyer ID but isn't required for this drone.
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-31 00:31
As well as registering, he will, in the UK, still have to take the online exam even if he doesn't use the plus battery. He requires that for the Operator ID does he not?

As long as it’s under 250g he doesn’t need the exam.  

2022-5-31
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 11:33

[view_image]

Same here in Germany.
2022-5-31
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 11:33

[view_image]

Except the chart says < 250 w camera - yes, operator id required.

I'm planning on taking mine to France on Sunday if it arrives in time, so I went ahead and took the test and got my ID paperwork from AlphaTango - all in all it was pretty painless, just some videos to review and then a 20 question test you had to get 100% on.
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

coloradoskier Posted at 5-31 13:49
Except the chart says < 250 w camera - yes, operator id required.

I'm planning on taking mine to France on Sunday if it arrives in time, so I went ahead and took the test and got my ID paperwork from AlphaTango - all in all it was pretty painless, just some videos to review and then a 20 question test you had to get 100% on.

Operator ID = Fee and registration,   
Flyer ID = test
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ArCon.md Posted at 5-30 21:48
Thanks for the answer.

Hi there ArCon.md. Thank you for the reply and you are welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-5-31
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Surely if you fly the drone/ quadcopter or whatever, you need a flyer ID. Therefore you need to take the exam.Operator ID is required to identify owner or person responsible for allowing others to fly the machine. So, even the operator,if he/she wishes to fly the machine will have to have a flyer ID. No?
2022-6-1
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

yogi053 Posted at 6-1 03:39
Surely if you fly the drone/ quadcopter or whatever, you need a flyer ID. Therefore you need to take the exam.Operator ID is required to identify owner or person responsible for allowing others to fly the machine. So, even the operator,if he/she wishes to fly the machine will have to have a flyer ID. No?

No.

You did explain the operator part correctly, but the competences of the remote pilot depend on the class of the drone and the sub-category of the operation.

DJI is trying to fit the Mini 3 Pro into the C0 class (and, since it's less than 250 g, it also fits with the exceptions for drones which came into market before current regulations), and the only required competence for remote pilot of the C0 drones is familiarity with the drone's documentation. The pilot does not need any proof of competence.

For drones which are C1 and higher, you need either the A1/3 or the A2 proof of competence, and with those, you get the flyer ID.

Therefore, the operator of a C0 drone with camera which is at the same time not a toy only needs the operator ID, and the flyer ID is not needed.
Operators of C0 drones which are toys or C0 drones which do not have a camera/thermal camera/infrared camera/microphone do not even need to have the operator ID.

2022-6-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It may be that way in Germany and the EU but according to UK Civil Avition Authority regulations it says, word for word:-
'if you'll fly, you must pass a theory test to get a flyer ID'
I just looked it up under the heading Remotely Piloted Aircraft regulations under the CAA Banner. (Incidently, I was an Air Traffic Engineer in the CAA for 17 years so I know my way around their site information).
2022-6-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

yogi053 Posted at 6-1 11:02
It may be that way in Germany and the EU but according to UK Civil Avition Authority regulations it says, word for word:-
'if you'll fly, you must pass a theory test to get a flyer ID'
I just looked it up under the heading Remotely Piloted Aircraft regulations under the CAA Banner. (Incidently, I was an Air Traffic Engineer in the CAA for 17 years so I know my way around their site information).

Your quotation from CAA is out of context. Here is what CAA says:
"There are two requirements and you may need to meet both:
- if you’ll fly, you must pass a theory test to get a flyer ID
-  if you’re responsible for a drone or model aircraft, you must register for an operator ID"
Note the word *may* (need to meet both).

Here is a pdf from CAA that confirms that Andreja is correct:
https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/doc ... actsheet_V7%201.pdf

And this: "From 31 December 2020 the rules for flying drones will be the same in the UK and all European Union Member States"
2022-6-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

What is out of context? Read the words as you wrote/typed whatever, 'if you'll fly, you must pass a theory test to get a flyer ID.
Note the word MUST. There is No ambiguity at all.
You 'may' own or be responsible for the operation of a drone/ quadcopter, but you 'must' have a flyer ID if you fly it.
Simple English, anyone flying a said UA, must have flyer ID.
2022-6-2
Use props
Mechanism
lvl.3

United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 6-2 04:21
What is out of context? Read the words as you wrote/typed whatever, 'if you'll fly, you must pass a theory test to get a flyer ID.
Note the word MUST. There is No ambiguity at all.
You 'may' own or be responsible for the operation of a drone/ quadcopter, but you 'must' have a flyer ID if you fly it.

This video explains it (UK, sub-250g, not-a-toy-specific)

2022-6-2
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

From the CAA pdf I linked to above:

Registration and flyer ID
- If your drone has a camera (unless it is a toy) or weighs 250g or more then you need to register with the CAA. You need to renew this registration every year.
- Anyone flying a drone 250g or more needs to pass a test and get a flyer ID from the CAA. If you already have a flyer ID that is still valid, you don’t need to re-do the test until it expires, although you are required to keep up to date with the new regulations.

The Mini 3 P has a camera, and is not a toy. So you need to register with CAA and get an operator ID.
The Mini 3 P weighs less than 250 g, and that means you don't need to pass the test and get a flyer ID.
2022-6-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ok, I give in. The youtubers know better than the CAA.
Scenario. You are 'in the field', you allow someone of appropriate age to fly your machine. Does the pilot need a flyer ID. (Sub 250g, with a camera, not a toy) Yes or No?
After further reading, I would say that DAFlys in post #17 had it correct there using the CAA paperwork regulations. Therefore, I stand down and admit in fact that I am wrong.
I would say however in my defence that it is confusing. I can fly my sub 250g drones without flyer ID but anyone else flying it requires the flyer ID.
I DO however hold both IDs and will continue to do so for as long as I own any flying machines.
2022-6-2
Use props
fansd56e04a4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 536588 ft
  • >>>
United States

i live in florida and i bought a dji mini 3 pro at best buy, i noticed it has the CE label!!!!!  shouldn't it be FCC????  means that even living in the united states my drone only goes 8km ???
2022-8-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd56e04a4 Posted at 8-8 17:15
i live in florida and i bought a dji mini 3 pro at best buy, i noticed it has the CE label!!!!!  shouldn't it be FCC????  means that even living in the united states my drone only goes 8km ???

the label on the drone or on the box does not dictate the range or the power class of your device.   the ce mark is a certification label which means it meets teh eu standard.
2022-8-8
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Nobody has spoken yet about the restricted areas. Each country of EU usually have a web page where you must check which areas are restricted, forbidden o need permission to fly over (always bellow 120 mts)
Here in Spain the agency that takes care of the air navigation is ENAIRE and you can check the free zones to fly on his web.   

https://drones.enaire.es/?locale=en

2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_73HEXtkvrQ4J
New

Canada

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 00:18
Dont forget to register and label the drone in the countries you wish to fly,  and if you use the plus battery you'll also need to take the online exam.

Hello! Do you know an English website to register if travelling to Spain with 249g drone? So complicated as hard to find in English…
2022-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_73HEXtkvrQ4J Posted at 8-22 11:53
Hello! Do you know an English website to register if travelling to Spain with 249g drone? So complicated as hard to find in English…

Doesn't look like.a <250g needs to be registered - https://drone-laws.com/drone-law ... es_allowed_in_Spain
2022-8-22
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 22:23
Doesn't look like.a

From the link you posted:
"
Who should register?

As part of the OPEN category, registration is compulsory for operators:

UAS that has a mass of 250 g or more;
    UAS that has a mass of less than 250 g but:
        can operate at speeds greater than 90km / h
        are equipped with a camera or a microphone, if these UAS are NOT toys *

* A UAS is a toy when a manufacturer intends it for children under the age of 14 and meets the minimum safety criteria required to be so named. Compliance with these standards naturally limits the capabilities of the UAS (size, weight, non-dangerous spare parts, no powerful motor, etc.): see Directive 2009/48 / EC of 18 June 2009 on the safety of toys
"

Mini 3 Pro has a camera and is not a toy, so operator needs to be registered and should affix the ID on the drone, same as in the rest of EU.
2022-8-23
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Regarding geofencing / flight restrictions in Germany, I highly recommend the Drone app, which was developed in cooperation with "Deutsche Flugsicherung" (German Air-Traffic Control).

To have a first look on PC/Mac, use this website:

https://dronemaps24.org/?lang=en

Every red, blue or green zone is restricted or even forbidden. If you click into such a zone, you'll get further information.

Important: When flying a drone in Germany, you not only need the eID, but also a liability insurance! If you don't have an international insurance, you can get a temporary one online, for one month for example.
2022-8-24
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 22:23
Doesn't look like.a

In the EU we don't register the drone, but the drone operator / pilot!

And every pilot needs a Drone eID, that needs to be placed on every drone, the pilot has.

The drone weight doesn't matter regarding that. But if you want to fly a drone with a weight of more than 250g, things get very complex, because then you also need a UAV pilot license.
2022-8-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

fansd56e04a4 Posted at 8-8 17:15
i live in florida and i bought a dji mini 3 pro at best buy, i noticed it has the CE label!!!!!  shouldn't it be FCC????  means that even living in the united states my drone only goes 8km ???

i think so it is hardware restrictred not software like before
2022-8-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

fateofangel Posted at 8-24 12:52
i think so  it is hardware restrictred not software like before

Nope, all it means is that it passes CE certification, just as The Saint explained above. Most any electrical device will have the mark. Phone, coffee maker, TV; pretty much everything.
2022-8-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-24 13:53
Nope, all it means is that it passes CE certification, just as The Saint explained above. Most any electrical device will have the mark. Phone, coffee maker, TV; pretty much everything.

so it is the same drones in diffrent boxes software regulated? If i ise CE version in US it sudenly becomes FCC? I ll have to check it somehow..
2022-8-24
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-24 13:53

Exactly ... here's explained, what the CE certification is about:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/bus ... arking/index_en.htm

It has nothing to do with radio transmission ;-)
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_HoUwRAQpS81S
New

United Kingdom

Yaros1 Posted at 5-31 00:01
Yes, in the countries that 5.8Ghz is illegal, it will be forced to 2.4Ghz automatically.
In the countries that do not force you to use 2.4Ghz you can choose between Auto (Dual-Band), 2.4Ghz only, 5.8Ghz only.

Are there any restrictions on the remote controller itself, or does it locate where you are and, based on that, allow you to switch the options with the signal?
2022-10-11
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

It locates where you are when the drone gets a GPS signal, plus it uses the GPS module in your phone for that too, and then switches the signal strength and frequency accordingly.
If you are in a country where both 2.4 and 5.8Ghz is allowed, then it will allow you to switch between them in DJI Fly settings in the Transmission tab, or set it to Auto (recommended) where it will search for the best frequency depending on your environment.

But when it comes to signal strength, it doesn't allow you to change it, it is location dependent. There are some hacks to set the signal output to maximum, but I will not mention nor link them here to not get my message deleted by mods.
2022-10-13
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Glad I was able to fly in Switzerland with the mini 3 without any registration/tests (confirmed this with FOCA over there), since they aren't part of the EU.
But had to bag it when I was in Italy due to all of the EU prerequisites.
2022-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules