Video file numbering
635 16 2022-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HjxQRSeH5V58
lvl.4
Italy

Hello, don't think that it would be convenient for the video file numbering not to restart from 0001 every time the microsd is formatted?  
Or there may be a specific option to set.  The solution would be to delete the files from the microsd but I find it more convenient to format it.  Best regards.

2022-6-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try formatting in your computer after copying the files across.
I don't know why that works, but it does.
2022-6-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Leave the last file you made in the sd card and the drone will carry on from that number.  
2022-6-1
Use props
HjxQRSeH5V58
lvl.4
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 6-1 03:46
Leave the last file you made in the sd card and the drone will carry on from that number.

The continuous numbering is present in every video camera and allows to have a unique file label.  This allows you to put files of different shooting dates in the same folder without risk of overwriting.  Always leaving the last file on the memory card is an inconvenient expedient.
2022-6-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

HjxQRSeH5V58 Posted at 6-1 04:48
The continuous numbering is present in every video camera and allows to have a unique file label.  This allows you to put files of different shooting dates in the same folder without risk of overwriting.  Always leaving the last file on the memory card is an inconvenient expedient.

Always leaving the last file on the memory card is an inconvenient expedient.
That's correct and it's pathetic that DJI doesn't give DJI Fly users the option to select continuous file index.
But if the card is formatted in the computer (not the drone), you will have the continuous file index that you want.
2022-6-1
Use props
HjxQRSeH5V58
lvl.4
Italy

I hope DJI Stephen will read this request and forward it to the development team to evaluate its feasibility.
2022-6-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HjxQRSeH5V58 Posted at 6-1 04:48
The continuous numbering is present in every video camera and allows to have a unique file label.  This allows you to put files of different shooting dates in the same folder without risk of overwriting.  Always leaving the last file on the memory card is an inconvenient expedient.

Agreed.  But it’s currently the only work around.  
2022-6-1
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

HjxQRSeH5V58 Posted at 6-1 06:12
I hope DJI Stephen will read this request and forward it to the development team to evaluate its feasibility.

This has been a problem since my first DJI drone, the original Air.  I don't expect them to fix this anytime soon.
2022-6-1
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

HjxQRSeH5V58 Posted at 6-1 06:12

This has been a problem since my first DJI drone, the original Air.  I don't expect them to fix this anytime soon.
2022-6-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Simply copy the files off the card, don't reformat the card in any way. I have never had DIScontiuous file numbering doing this.
Reading the comments here makes me wonder if it is the actual reformatting of the card in the drone that resets the file numbering.
2022-6-1
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Surely this can be added in a software update!
2022-6-1
Use props
HjxQRSeH5V58
lvl.4
Italy

Formatting the memory card with the video or photo camera is a "normal" thing.  It is not normal to reset the numbering as it is not normal to avoid formatting with the drone to keep it.
2022-6-1
Use props
HjxQRSeH5V58
lvl.4
Italy

……… and if you use more than one memory card there is no solution.
2022-6-1
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

yeah i found this issue when I copied my trip to Stratford off the card and formatted in the drone and my next outing found when i came to copy the files existed already.  luckily i made sub folders with the location (suppose you could do date/time).  some cameras allow you to not reset this or change the start number
2022-6-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-1 06:53
Simply copy the files off the card, don't reformat the card in any way. I have never had DIScontiuous file numbering doing this.
Reading the comments here makes me wonder if it is the actual reformatting of the card in the drone that resets the file numbering.

Simply copy the files off the card, don't reformat the card in any way.
No ... it's fine to format the card, but only in the computer.
If you format in the drone, it will reset to DJI_001, but if you format in the computer the numbering will continue from where it left off.
2022-6-2
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Damn, I was hoping that was something I'd set wrong.
2022-6-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-2 01:24
Simply copy the files off the card, don't reformat the card in any way.
No ... it's fine to format the card, but only in the computer.
If you format in the drone, it will reset to DJI_001, but if you format in the computer the numbering will continue from where it left off.

I am merely pointing out that reformatting is unnecessary, I don't think I have ever reformatted a card after downloading imagery etc. from it.
2022-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules