Air 2s and Litchi
5031 14 2022-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Someone who uses Litchi with the Air 2s, could you tell if you have problems using it with ios or Android ?
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bullflier. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. Since you wanted to use and 3rd party application ( Litchi ), I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this matter from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried using the said application. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application when flying your DJI Drone to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you and safe flying always.
2022-6-1
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

With Android I use it all the time. It works flawless but I use only functions that DJI FLY does not provide which are very usefull. DJI is not listening to add them eventhough  thousands of people ask them
2022-6-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't have the Air2S but Litchi works flawlessly with a range of drones that I have used. There is a problem, apparently. with the IOS version for the Air2S announced thus:

* DJI Air 2S Due to a bug in the DJI iOS SDK for Air 2S (Android is not affected), it is required to restart Litchi every time you want to start a new autonomous or semi-autonomous flight. We will update Litchi on iOS with a fix for this issue as soon as DJI releases an updated SDK.
2022-6-1
Use props
rexster1505
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60935 ft
United States

Litchi works well with my Air 2s. And I've tested out waypoint flying, but it's not real great as it has to fly waypoints using "virtual sticks". Which means that there is a constant input to the drone making any video with it kinda "twitchy" So far, from what I've observed waypoint flying is the only problem I've encountered.
2022-6-1
Use props
AFAngryWarrior
lvl.1

United States

rexster1505 Posted at 6-1 14:14
Litchi works well with my Air 2s. And I've tested out waypoint flying, but it's not real great as it has to fly waypoints using "virtual sticks". Which means that there is a constant input to the drone making any video with it kinda "twitchy" So far, from what I've observed waypoint flying is the only problem I've encountered.

This is literally the only thing I dislike about my new DJI Air 2s.  Which is my first DJI drone.  I've been using cheaper Holy Stone drones for the past few years and even they had waypoint capabilities.  It boggles my mind DJI doesn't have something so basic when everything else about the drone has been absolutely amazing.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3
lvl.3
United States

AFAngryWarrior Posted at 6-2 05:14
This is literally the only thing I dislike about my new DJI Air 2s.  Which is my first DJI drone.  I've been using cheaper Holy Stone drones for the past few years and even they had waypoint capabilities.  It boggles my mind DJI doesn't have something so basic when everything else about the drone has been absolutely amazing.

Yep, My Phantom 4 Pro+ flew those missions flawlessly. Then DJI took waypoint flying away from us.
2022-6-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

With Android tablet and mobile work perfectly both Litchi and Dronelink.. i use them with Samsung galaxy note 9, samsung galaxy s22, samsung galaxy A32, samsung galaxy tab s8+,Samsung galaxy tab a7
2022-6-10
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

Hi @Bullflier - I have had my Air 2S for about a year now, and just purchased Litchi a couple days ago now that the 2S is fully supported.  I run the app on iPhone 13.  I was mainly interested in Waypoints, and my first 2 (both planned on computer at home) have gone flawlessly!  If you're interested in Waypoints I can say that feature alone has been worth the cost
2022-7-8
Use props
Bluebellla
lvl.1

United States

MikeMN Posted at 7-8 12:54
Hi @Bullflier - I have had my Air 2S for about a year now, and just purchased Litchi a couple days ago now that the 2S is fully supported.  I run the app on iPhone 13.  I was mainly interested in Waypoints, and my first 2 (both planned on computer at home) have gone flawlessly!  If you're interested in Waypoints I can say that feature alone has been worth the cost

I can not connect litchi app to my drone. Please help.
2022-8-18
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

Bluebellla Posted at 8-18 17:42
I can not connect litchi app to my drone. Please help.

One thing I have heard others say is to make sure DJI Fly app is not running.  For me it launches automatically when the drone connects (iPhone).  So I let it connect, then shut down DJI Fly, then launch Litchi manually.  For me it works every time... good luck!
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3
lvl.3
United States

I messed around with Litchi waypoint flying. I made a short 10 minute video showing the results of gimbal settings that pretty much smoothed out the jerkiness virtual sticks cause.

2022-8-24
Use props
Higher Perspectives
lvl.2
United States

DO NOT Upgrade the Air 2s firmware if you want to use Litchi.  It throws an 'unknown error:180' on the RC Pro, and RC-N1, both Android and iOS.  dji is still just about worthless on resolving it 2 days after the release, recommending a refresh of all firmwares.  Downgrading the RC Pro does nothing.
2022-10-28
Use props
BMWR1200
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179531 ft
United States

UAVAndy Posted at 11-4 08:39
I wish I had known this before I updated, but at least I know why I'm getting these errors.

OK - I ran into the same problem after updating the DJI Fly App update and firmware update to the Mavic Air 2s.  Litchi would not launch the drone at all.  Here's the work around until DJI corrects the bug with an update or Litchi developers become aware of the issue and resolve it on their end.  Solution:
     1,  Start your drone with the DJI Fly app.  Adjust your settings as you normally would before taking off.  
     2.  Once the drone is airborne close the DJI Fly app and launch your Litchi app while the drone is
          hovering.
     3.  Bring up your Litchi mission (I usually create it through Mission Hub) and select the start feature.
     4.  Litchi worked fine as expected.  This is a workaround until an update is pushed out from either
          DJI and/or Litchi developers.
2022-11-5
Use props
BHAU_
lvl.1

India

May I know the current status of Air2s with the Litchi app? Does Litchi work flawlessly with Air2s while conducting mapping waypoint missions?

Any precautions that have to be taken care of while using air2s with litchi, any particular firmware version??
2023-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules