2603 52 2022-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using the DJI RC Pro with the Air 2S.  I updated to the FW v03.01.0700 on the controller and updated the DJI Fly App to V1.6.4.  Now I can no longer see the Outdoor Mode.  

Was this removed on purpose?  If not, can it be fixed via the next FW update?  i have seen other pilots are saying they are also now misising the Outdoor indicator.  I have attached a picture to show that it DID exist prior to this update.  
RC PRO NO OUTDOOR.jpg
2022-6-1
Use props
rexster1505
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60935 ft
United States

I had that same problem last week. Here 's a DJI moderator response I haven't had a problem since then

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI RC Pro includes an integrated 5.5-inch 1080p screen that reaches an average brightness of 1000 nits. This long-lasting high-bright display is perfect for its Outdoor mode, where shadow details are enhanced automatically for clear display, even under direct sunlight. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi, Sorry for the late response. Yes, kindly please set the brightness in AUTO mode and the unit will automatically detect if you are flying outside with direct sunlight. Thank you for your valued support and have a great day ahead!
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DowntownRDB. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. As posted above kindly please set the brightness of your DJI RC to AUTO mode and the remote controller will automatically detect if you are flying outside with direct sunlight. Thank you.
2022-6-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 19:38
Hello there DowntownRDB. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. As posted above kindly please set the brightness of your DJI RC to AUTO mode and the remote controller will automatically detect if you are flying outside with direct sunlight. Thank you.

Thanks.  Would have been nice if that information would have been listed in change notes to the Fly App update.  DJI has never been really good at listing changes to software or firmware.  Guess you just want to keep the consumers guessing.

2022-6-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So they removed it, but did not really?
2022-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-3 10:58
So they removed it, but did not really?

Now you can only set it to auto and you are at the mercy of how the software is written as to how much brightness you get when outdoors.  The button forced outdoor mode on or off as the pilot deemed necessary.  
2022-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 05:07
Now you can only set it to auto and you are at the mercy of how the software is written as to how much brightness you get when outdoors.  The button forced outdoor mode on or off as the pilot deemed necessary.

Ah ok, I see.
2022-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Basically, it was a downgrade of the Fly App for a pilot's standpoint.  Oh well, DJI does what DJI wants to do.
2022-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

My Caribbean excursion got delayed as I was notified that I had to quarantine as I was a COVID 19 close contact so now I'm just hanging out on my boat.  So far I don't have any symptoms and have tested negative so I guess we will see how the remainder of the quarantine goes.
2022-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 05:36
Basically, it was a downgrade of the Fly App for a pilot's standpoint.  Oh well, DJI does what DJI wants to do.

We can't do much about it.
2022-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 05:38
My Caribbean excursion got delayed as I was notified that I had to quarantine as I was a COVID 19 close contact so now I'm just hanging out on my boat.  So far I don't have any symptoms and have tested negative so I guess we will see how the remainder of the quarantine goes.

Yeah sometime you forget it's still there.
2022-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-4 05:40
We can't do much about it.

True, and that's the bottom line.  Although, I guess I could vote with my money on future drone purchases.
2022-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-4 05:40
Yeah sometime you forget it's still there.

Sadly I think it will continue to be around for quite sometime as it just keeps mutating.  New variants popping up all the time.  
2022-6-4
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

In Auto, it works perfectly. There is clearly more brightness than before in sunny environment
2022-6-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 6-4 13:10
In Auto, it works perfectly. There is clearly more brightness than before in sunny environment

Ever since the firmware took the button away and I now use Auto the controller dims in and out while outside even when light conditions don't change.  With the button the display never dimmed.  Just sad that they took that option away from the users.  
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-2 03:39
Thanks.  Would have been nice if that information would have been listed in change notes to the Fly App update.  DJI has never been really good at listing changes to software or firmware.  Guess you just want to keep the consumers guessing.

Hi there DowntownRDB. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. This information will be noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-6-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-5 21:28
Hi there DowntownRDB. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. This information will be noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Thanks for passing it on to your designated department.  Hopefully, they will bring the button back in a future firmware update.  
2022-6-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 11:28
True, and that's the bottom line.  Although, I guess I could vote with my money on future drone purchases.

That's the only real thing
2022-6-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-4 11:30
Sadly I think it will continue to be around for quite sometime as it just keeps mutating.  New variants popping up all the time.

Yup.
I just hope hospitalization will keep being low.
2022-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-6 09:20
That's the only real thing

I put up a 3M post it next to my laptop shelf to remind me "to vote with my money" and not just for drones.  I really wish DJI had a bit more strong competition to kind of even out the playing field.  After all, competition is healthy for the consumers.
2022-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-6 09:21
Yup.
I just hope hospitalization will keep being low.

My daughter said that the entire medical staff at the hospital she works at are worn out from the patient load they have had for the last year and a half.  A lot of the older medical staff retired and they had many daily call outs so that made the daily workload even worse.  

She said the load lightened about 3  months back but now the ones getting hospitalized are mostly kids between the ages of 5-12.  She said that saddens her so much to see such young kids, especially since they were unvaccinated and possibly could have been prevented or at least not got bad enough to be hospitalized.  

Worse yet at one time about 4 months back they had the mom, dad and 2 kids from the same family in ICU.  Dad and 1 child passed away but mom is still suffering from post COVID medical issues (cardiology) and remains hospitalized but not in the ICU.  
2022-6-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 13:03
My daughter said that the entire medical staff at the hospital she works at are worn out from the patient load they have had for the last year and a half.  A lot of the older medical staff retired and they had many daily call outs so that made the daily workload even worse.  

She said the load lightened about 3  months back but now the ones getting hospitalized are mostly kids between the ages of 5-12.  She said that saddens her so much to see such young kids, especially since they were unvaccinated and possibly could have been prevented or at least not got bad enough to be hospitalized.  

Luckily we are down to 200 'normal' hospital beds with infected patients and 20 ICU.
Most of them are not there 'because of C19' but tested positive while they were in the hospital for something else.
I hope these numbers stay this low.
2022-6-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 13:03

She said the load lightened about 3  months back but now the ones getting hospitalized are mostly kids between the ages of 5-12.  She said that saddens her so much to see such young kids, especially since they were unvaccinated and possibly could have been prevented or at least not got bad enough to be hospitalized.  

PS, there is still a big problem in the hospitals with overworked staff.
2022-6-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 12:50
I put up a 3M post it next to my laptop shelf to remind me "to vote with my money" and not just for drones.  I really wish DJI had a bit more strong competition to kind of even out the playing field.  After all, competition is healthy for the consumers.

Good one.
And true. Competition usually is good.
As long as it is not Amazon vs your local shop.
2022-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-6 22:51
Luckily we are down to 200 'normal' hospital beds with infected patients and 20 ICU.
Most of them are not there 'because of C19' but tested positive while they were in the hospital for something else.
I hope these numbers stay this low.

Yeah, those numbers are low.  Maybe they will continue to remain low and give the medical staff some relief.
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-6 22:52
PS, there is still a big problem in the hospitals with overworked staff.

Part of the problem here is most hospitals were short staffed prior to COVID and the pandemic just exasperated the staffing issue along with many that were retirement age and didn't want to be around COVID patients all day long or work extended shifts as a norm.  Nursing schools were pumping out graduates as fast as they could but that didn't help the shortage in ICU experienced nurses.  There has always been a shortage of Doctors and not much you can do to alleviate that issue.  There are more and more foreign trained Doctors coming to the US and then returning to their birth countries within a couple of years.  
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-6 22:53
Good one.
And true. Competition usually is good.
As long as it is not Amazon vs your local shop.

I agree totally.  The behemoth has already caused many local businesses to fold.  Shame, but Amazon will only continue to grow and put local mom and pop establishments out of business.
2022-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 03:11
Yeah, those numbers are low.  Maybe they will continue to remain low and give the medical staff some relief.

I certainly hope so!
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-7 04:11
I certainly hope so!

Unless somebody comes up with a miracle cure all we can do is hope.  
2022-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 03:16
Part of the problem here is most hospitals were short staffed prior to COVID and the pandemic just exasperated the staffing issue along with many that were retirement age and didn't want to be around COVID patients all day long or work extended shifts as a norm.  Nursing schools were pumping out graduates as fast as they could but that didn't help the shortage in ICU experienced nurses.  There has always been a shortage of Doctors and not much you can do to alleviate that issue.  There are more and more foreign trained Doctors coming to the US and then returning to their birth countries within a couple of years.

Yeah, we have the same problems here.
2022-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 03:21
I agree totally.  The behemoth has already caused many local businesses to fold.  Shame, but Amazon will only continue to grow and put local mom and pop establishments out of business.

Sadly you are probably right.
2022-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 04:36
Unless somebody comes up with a miracle cure all we can do is hope.

I think it will take one generation and then..... Hopefully we are 'armed' enough to be able to battle it ourselves.
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-7 05:08
Yeah, we have the same problems here.

Seems to be a pattern in lots of places then.  
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-7 05:10
Sadly you are probably right.

Amazon simply does not believe in competition and either buys them out or bankrupts them.  
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-7 05:11
I think it will take one generation and then..... Hopefully we are 'armed' enough to be able to battle it ourselves.

Hope you are right.  Looking back it did take some time to get over Smallpox and Cholera.  But this pandemic seems to be worse.  Oh well, we just keep moving forward, staying positive and hoping for the best.
2022-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 09:51
Seems to be a pattern in lots of places then.

Unfortunately yes.
2022-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 09:52
Amazon simply does not believe in competition and either buys them out or bankrupts them.

I most certainly hope they won't take it all
2022-6-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-7 09:54
Hope you are right.  Looking back it did take some time to get over Smallpox and Cholera.  But this pandemic seems to be worse.  Oh well, we just keep moving forward, staying positive and hoping for the best.

Exactly.
So far here we are 'ok'.
And not thinking about it too often also feels good for a change.
2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-6 03:28
Thanks for passing it on to your designated department.  Hopefully, they will bring the button back in a future firmware update.

Hi there DowntownRDB. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-7 12:37
I most certainly hope they won't take it all

Me also, but unfortunately that seems to be Amazon's mission.
2022-6-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules