DJI account
1420 6 2022-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Could anyone tell me, if someone have a fly away and drone is lost, and then it is found by others - could the finder just buy a remote and use the drone, or is it locked up to the account and useless for others but the owner ?
2022-6-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Right now its locked to the Account.
2022-6-1
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 6-1 12:15
Right now its locked to the Account.

And useless for others but owner ?What do you mean by 'right now' ?

2022-6-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BWJ Posted at 6-1 12:24
And useless for others but owner ?

I suppose the jury is out on just how good the security is, but thats the point here. I hope its the case that stolen drones cannot be hacked and restarted.
2022-6-1
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 6-1 12:30
I suppose the jury is out on just how good the security is, but thats the point here. I hope its the case that stolen drones cannot be hacked and restarted.

Thanks
2022-6-1
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

If I wanted to, if I found one and DJI wouldn't let me pair it or find the rightful owner ... I'd sell the parts on ebay.
Just because someone finds one, doesn't mean it's worthless just because they can't pair it.
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BWJ. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference after the DJI drone is bound with a DJI account, it can also be removed from the account. To remove the DJI drone from the account, there is no need to connect the aircraft. But only the bound account can operate this function. Here is the path: Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account. Thank you.
2022-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules