Possibility to report an user?
444 3 2022-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

As we all know, both forum members and admins, there is a multitude of spam on these forums. And some basic concepts seem to repat over and over again, such as attempts of selling drugs, document forgeries, spellcaster scams etc.

I think that instead of just reporting the posts, it could be beneficial if we also had the chance to report the repeat offenders by their user profiles instead of just separate messages. So is there a chance to do this? If not, could you please implement that? (And please, make that actually work instead of the useless 'Report' function of single posts that don't seem to have any effect whatsoever!)

I think it would be more efficient to kill the source of this trash instead of just removing the posts and letting them carry on doing that all over again.

Thanks in advance!

2022-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The report function hasn't worked in several years which is why many of us went to making threads in the Forum Issues category.  The other problem is that once a spammer is banned they just create a new account and come right back on the forum.  One way to keep that from happening would be to require a valid drone serial number when creating an account.  That way once an account is banned they couldn't return unless they have another valid drone serial number.  

Fighting spammers is a never ending battle.
2022-6-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-2 02:51
The report function hasn't worked in several years which is why many of us went to making threads in the Forum Issues category.  The other problem is that once a spammer is banned they just create a new account and come right back on the forum.  One way to keep that from happening would be to require a valid drone serial number when creating an account.  That way once an account is banned they couldn't return unless they have another valid drone serial number.  

Fighting spammers is a never ending battle.

You are probably right on that. I think the serial number idea could possibly work.
2022-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-2 02:57
You are probably right on that. I think the serial number idea could possibly work.

That is the only way that I could think of that would be a unique identifier to keep the spammers from continuously re-inventing themselves.
2022-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules