1302 19 2022-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic 3 Cine feature list is coming along nicely.  Well done DJI.  A little late, but still, appreciated.
The Mavic 3 Cine, with the addition of a 4/3" sensor and ProRes codecs is looking like a viable option for professional use.Except...

For $5000 USD, why is there no option for adding Custom Monitoring LUTs (Color Display Assist) or setting Custom Zebra levels (Overexposure Warning)??

These are critical tools for judging exposure while filming.  The omission of these features seems like a glaring oversight, no?

Here's my official request to add these features and make the Mavic 3 Cine a truly professional camera.
Thank you DJI!
2022-6-3
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Yes that would be awesome to have the ability to load luts and display them real-time
2022-6-3
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 6-3 17:11
Yes that would be awesome to have the ability to load luts and display them real-time

Thank you for your vote!
2022-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-3
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17356693 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Brilliant idea! I second that!
2022-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good suggestions!
2022-6-4
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-3 23:41
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you.
2022-6-4
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AlexSnapsColours Posted at 6-4 00:48
Brilliant idea! I second that!

Thanks for your vote!
2022-6-4
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your vote!
2022-6-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

sky_makai Posted at 6-4 22:24
Thanks for your vote!

No problem at all.
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You're welcome. Have a great day ahead!
2022-6-7
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-7 18:59

Night time here, but thanks and you too!
2022-6-7
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just want to bump this request again.

Since the overexposure indicator (zebras) only affects the Rec.709/JPEG images, users REALLY need to be able to load Custom LUTs.  

PLEASE make this happen!
While we're at it, how about an option to toggle the histogram being affected by the LUT as well?
2022-8-2
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Since the overexposure indicator (zebras) only affects the Rec.709/JPEG images, users REALLY need to be able to load Custom LUTs.  

PLEASE make this happen!
While we're at it, how about an option to toggle the histogram being affected by the LUT as well?
2022-8-2
Use props
Oulala
lvl.3
France

Hope we get a fw update before 2025 lol
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

sky_makai Posted at 8-2 11:48

Since the overexposure indicator (zebras) only affects the Rec.709/JPEG images, users REALLY need to be able to load Custom LUTs.  

This will be duly noted and will be forwarded to our designated team. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-5
Use props
UgoFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6843596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

For now it would be enough just to know what percentage the current zebra is adjusted to because in Log it never appears but if I put the normal Preview I see it and it seems to me that it is not at 100%.
2022-8-5
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

UgoFly Posted at 8-5 02:47
For now it would be enough just to know what percentage the current zebra is adjusted to because in Log it never appears but if I put the normal Preview I see it and it seems to me that it is not at 100%.

Should be able to connect an external monitor (with the Cine Remote) with exposure tools like zebras.  Otherwise, I'm guessing it's at 95-100%.  

D-Log on the Mavic 3 seems to be clipping at 85%.
2022-8-5
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bump Bump it up!  Hello DJI, can we PLEASE have customizable Zebras and LUT?  It's very difficult to use without both.  Thank you.
2022-11-8
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know, even through hacking the app, how to use a custom LUT rather than the Exposure Assist?
2023-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules