2244 14 2022-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MXss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6790833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Using dji fly 1.6.1 on the DJI RC. I'm not sure if theres already a thread on this or if its a known issue but i'd like to post this problem.

When i start the wide panorama on the mini 3 pro, it resets the pitch back to zero degrees and starts taking it from that angle. For the mini 2, it remembers the pitch or angle it was at and starts the wide angle pano from there. It also does it straight down or nadir which I really like and use quite a bit but can't do that with the mini 3 pro.

Is this a known issue or something thats not working properly on the mini 3 pro????
2022-6-4
Use props
Manich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1975351 ft
United Kingdom

Mine resets to 0 degrees as well, so I think its standard. makes sense if you think about it. It levels itself so that you get and equal part sky, and an equal part ground....if you set it too low or too high, it wouldnt be able to follow its routine due to the limitations of the tilt of the gimbal.
2022-6-6
Use props
MXss
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Do u have the mini 2? Go and check out the wide panorama feature. It stays locked into the pitch and angle you have preset when u press the button. It can even do wide panorama straight down which is  a great feature!! Its always been like that since i got the mini 2. DJI , please fix this minor issue on the mini 3 pro. I can't believe nobody has noticed this issue.......
2022-6-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its how most other drones work, zero horizon before taking.

The 3 x 3 doesn't do so and as a result produces horrifically slanted edge images which cant be stitched into a useful panorama in any software.

If anything the 3x3 is a bug and needs to centre rather than the opposite.
2022-6-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 6-7 03:02
Its how most other drones work, zero horizon before taking.

The 3 x 3 doesn't do so and as a result produces horrifically slanted edge images which cant be stitched into a useful panorama in any software.

I recommend using Microsoft ICE for creating panos.

2022-6-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

When creating 3 shot vertical panos. Would anyone know what the angle of tilt for the upper photo is?
Knowing this might help with composition, instead of trail and error in positioning the drone vertically.
Thanks.
2022-6-7
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 6-7 09:04
I recommend using Microsoft ICE for creating panos.

[view_image]

Doesn't help with most of the hideously slanted 3x3 images.
(also loses editing capability as it wont accept RAWs).
Not even PTGui can successfully clean it.

Solution is shoot the 180 pano and then just crop.
Or do it manually.
2022-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

gnirtS Posted at 6-7 09:26

There must be a problem with the pano program in the software of the camera  because Mavic 3 stitching of the panos seems fine.

2022-6-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 6-7 09:26

The version of Microsoft ICE I'm using works with DNG files and fixes 3x3 photos. As I show in the test pano in my comment above.
2022-6-7
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

ICE uses the embedded preview in DNGs not the full resolution image.  Its ancient discontinued software so isn't and won't ever be updated past that.
You also can't pre-edit the DNGs to make corrections or changes prior to merge as it can't see those changes.

2022-6-7
Use props
MXss
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

i really can't believe people didn't know about this issue.........the mini 2 locks the gimbal pitch and shoots the wide pano, even straight down, the mini 3 resets the gimbal pitch to zero and then takes the wide pano. The mini 2 has been doing this locked pitch since it came out.  Which is the correct method???? It is VERY VERY Handy for it to lock its pitch so that you can be more creative with the panos. This is how it should be and it has worked flawlessly with my mini 2. Please dji, be consistent with this one for me!!!
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_uM12hufOiBOB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477172 ft
Bulgaria

I am coming from mini 2, and noticed the same issue. On mini 2 the wide panorama is great creative tool. Here it is almost not usable. What the issues is, and will it be fixed?
2022-8-28
Use props
fullpiglet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401486 ft
Canada

I am very frustrated as well. I used my Mini 2 creatively for photography only and was planning to use the Mini 3 Pro the same way. Sometimes when I am doing landscape shots I don't have authorizationto fly further away to get the whole property or structure in the shot. I was using the 3x3 panorama mode and stitching with PTGui previously often with the drone tilted very far down. Now that the pitch resets to zero it is almost useless as I can't frame the shot how I'd like. With the Mini 2 I was even able to take 3x3 panoramas with the drone starting point looking straight down.
2023-6-1
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Is wide angle 9 shot panorama not possible when looking down?

I too was surprised that they removed this feature which I have been using a lot, posted about the same but got no reply from Dji Admin
2023-6-1
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I would love to have this well. Anyone from DJI can forward a feature request to the team?
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules