4K 60fps
3489 18 2022-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VinceG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1134662 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry, seem to have had a whole load of minor issues on my first major flight session with the Mini 3.
I have done a few tests and found that when I play the playback from 4k 60fps footage it plays back very juddery. Similar to what you see on the RC controller screen when you are losing connection. When filming, I have a good connectio and don't recall seeing any issues when recording the footage. Any ideas anyone?

Played back on both PC and 4k TV, both the same.
2022-6-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

most probably issue with codecs, what player did you use. On the TV did you play it from your PC?
2022-6-5
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You could try checking your TV settings to see whether it's on 50Hz or 60Hz, and check the refresh rate on your monitor
2022-6-5
Use props
Meuhbat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

4K60 requires a lot of hardware ressources especially in H265 if you don't have a graphic card that supports the decoding and your CPU is used instead, same for the TV it may be able to read 4K30 but not necessarily 4K60, or you can try in H264 that should be easier to read.
2022-6-5
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 6-5 01:27
most probably issue with codecs, what player did you use. On the TV did you play it from your PC?

On the TV played it through a Pen drive adapter using the the Microsd card. On the PC I used the default player on windows 10. comes up as Films & TV. But I've tried it in VLC and GOM and Photos and all have the same judder effect.
2022-6-5
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Meuhbat Posted at 6-5 04:18
4K60 requires a lot of hardware ressources especially in H265 if you don't have a graphic card that supports the decoding and your CPU is used instead, same for the TV it may be able to read 4K30 but not necessarily 4K60, or you can try in H264 that should be easier to read.

The TV is relatively new, under a year old, so I would think it would be capable. The PC on the other hand is a reasonably old PC, so wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't capable. But I will give H264 a go, see if that makes any difference.
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VinceG. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to check the specifications of your television if it is able to play the said footage. Thank you.
2022-6-5
Use props
TiberiusMars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65075 ft
Canada

From my experience this is normal. If you upload it to YouTube it will be fine. I think it can be helped by changing VLC's hardware acceleration from automatic to OpenGL.I have an RTX2080S, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, 16GB RAM (I think 3600mhz C16).
2022-6-5
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

TiberiusMars Posted at 6-5 21:23
From my experience this is normal. If you upload it to YouTube it will be fine. I think it can be helped by changing VLC's hardware acceleration from automatic to OpenGL.I have an RTX2080S, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, 16GB RAM (I think 3600mhz C16).

Thanks for your response.

I have a more powerful laptop, so I will try to play it on there. I will also check the tv spec to see if its compatible with 4k 60. Thanks
2022-6-6
Use props
Hunter_UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18973 ft
United Kingdom

I had this problem using KMPlayer on my laptop, I had to switch from software decoding to hardware and this solved my problem.
2022-6-6
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hunter_UK Posted at 6-6 01:27
I had this problem using KMPlayer on my laptop, I had to switch from software decoding to hardware and this solved my problem.

Thanks for your response.

I think I'm going to have to try my more powerful laptop and if that works then its obviously to do with the hardware rather than the footage. I have looked at the spec for my tv and it doesn't mention much about 4k and compatibility. It is 4k, but how much, I don't know.
2022-6-6
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hunter_UK Posted at 6-6 01:27
I had this problem using KMPlayer on my laptop, I had to switch from software decoding to hardware and this solved my problem.

I have setup my more powerful laptop and gone through the HEVC hassle where it asks you to pay for the HEVC extensions. Couldn't find a Windows 11 HEVC and loaded the Windows 10 version that another user on here pointed out and that seem to work OK. On this more powerful laptop and the HEVC extension for windows 10 loaded, the judder has disappeared.
2022-6-6
Use props
TiberiusMars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65075 ft
Canada

VinceG Posted at 6-6 02:16
I have setup my more powerful laptop and gone through the HEVC hassle where it asks you to pay for the HEVC extensions. Couldn't find a Windows 11 HEVC and loaded the Windows 10 version that another user on here pointed out and that seem to work OK. On this more powerful laptop and the HEVC extension for windows 10 loaded, the judder has disappeared.

I forgot to mention that I do get this issue after I render as MOV. The footage I get directly from the drone in MP4 does not have this issue with Movies & TV and the HEVC codec.
2022-6-6
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for all your responses. I think the TV side of things wont be able to get sorted, but using a more powerful laptop has made a difference with playing on the laptop.

Thanks
2022-6-6
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

VinceG Posted at 6-6 22:30
Thanks for all your responses. I think the TV side of things wont be able to get sorted, but using a more powerful laptop has made a difference with playing on the laptop.

Thanks

Install POT PLAYER on PC, check to download all codecs, at end check to detect video card hardware.
It will work, as HEVC does not need such power for DECODING as everybody thinks, is just not optimized your player to hardware decode using GPU from video card.
Even an old GT card Nvidia is able to decode a 4K HEVC, with a Intel even lower than I3 cpu, as uses GPU and GL.
2022-6-6
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-6 22:58
Install POT PLAYER on PC, check to download all codecs, at end check to detect video card hardware.
It will work, as HEVC does not need such power for DECODING as everybody thinks, is just not optimized your player to hardware decode using GPU from video card.
Even an old GT card Nvidia is able to decode a 4K HEVC, with a Intel even lower than I3 cpu, as uses GPU and GL.

Hi Geo-Drone, did as you suggested and loaded Pot Player, and checked the load additional codecs and checked the detect card check box. But this did not work as hoped. The video played back through POT player was not good I'm afraid, judder was there as with other players. It was worth a try though, there has got to be something on the laptop, stopping it from wotrking with 60fps footage.
2022-6-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

VinceG Posted at 6-7 00:48
Hi Geo-Drone, did as you suggested and loaded Pot Player, and checked the load additional codecs and checked the detect card check box. But this did not work as hoped. The video played back through POT player was not good I'm afraid, judder was there as with other players. It was worth a try though, there has got to be something on the laptop, stopping it from wotrking with 60fps footage.

What configuration you have on computer?
Your video card is at 60 Hz refresh ?
2022-6-7
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-7 01:28
What configuration you have on computer?
Your video card is at 60 Hz refresh ?

The laptop is a Lenovo L540 and Intel HD graphics 4600. Doesn't have much customisation settings on the  gpu, cant see anything about refresh rate
2022-6-7
Use props
Mesatallic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 646437 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mini 3 Pro produces 4K videos at 152Mb/s which is overkill. 100Mb/s on the Mini 2.

1080p is also too high for the average user, 70Mb/s as opposed to 40Mb/s on the Mini 2.

I think DJI should allow the user to set the Mb/s in the DJI Fly app. Maybe Low, Medium & High etc.

Edit:
The subtitle files are 1 entry per frame, so 4K 60fps will bog down editing programs such as Premiere Pro etc.
1 subtile entry per second on the Mini 2.

2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules