Dji mini se full control faliure, wouldn't return to home
764 6 2022-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noahzho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 465322 ft
Canada

Hi, so last friday I was flying my drone, around 200m away, around 60% battery, when I suddenly lost control of the mini se, wouldn't go in any direction, and so I pressed and held down the return to home button. The remote controller started beeping, I lost signal, and after it reconnected the controller's beeping noise changed indicating that the mini se would rth. The app showed that the mini se was returning to home (the red circle to stop rth), (I did set home point, gps satellite signal was strong, arround 15 satellites I belive), but the mini se wasnt gaining altitude to the preset 70m (I set it high just in case of the ocassional stray tree), but the app showed that it wasnt gaining altitude, and in fact slowly losing altitude, turning to face me, or doing anything other than hovering in the air. The only control that worked for me was panning the camera up or down (the feed from the dron was fine for sure. I canceled the rth and retried returning to home multiple times, with both the controller button and the in app button, but I got the same results each time I tried. I even tried turning off the controller and restarting it, but it didn't do anything. Eventually at 20% battery it said that low battery and that it would rth, but same thing happened, just stayed there, still slowly losing altitude. I headed there quickly realizing that it would run out of battery and my attemps were fruitless and hoped that It wouldn't run out of battery before I got there. Eventually when it reached 10% my controller beeped the low battery signal a few times (It wasn't doing this before), then switched over to the critically low battery noise, app told me the same. Somehow still connected to the mini se (disconnected a few times but only for a few seconds), even though multiple houses were blocking the signal to my mini se. It gave multple warnings at 5% as it tried to land but the vision sensors said that the area was unsuitable for landing (pavement where cars drive, so lucky it was not 2 meters off as it would have hit a tree), and it landed before I got there (0%, I guess it lands even if vision sensors are saying the surface is unsuitable), (shoutout to the kind stranger that was keeping an eye out for my mini se if you use this forum). Finally when I reached there at a sprint the drone had died. Unsure what to do now, is this a factory defect? or software glitch? I am fairly confident that it was not human error or improperly calibrated rc as the sticks worked fine until the incident, and worked fine previously.
For information about what I did before the flight, I calibrated the compass far away from magnetic objects and waited for good gps signal and homepoint set notification before taking off. I also updated the flysafe database as required. Control sticks were charged

Sorry if this is a long post.
2022-6-6
Use props
noahzho
lvl.1
Canada

Also by the way, I believe that it was the drone's problem, not the controller's problem as it flew normally until I could only control the gimbal and receive camera feed
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the accident. If there is any damage to the drone, we recommend that you start a case through the link below and send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-6-6
Use props
noahzho
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-6 19:35
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the accident. If there is any damage to the drone, we recommend that you start a case through the link below and send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support

Hi, I do not believe that there was any damage, drone seems to be fine (except for a bit of bent plastic) but I do not want this to happen again, as the drone failed to function properly, and almost destroyed itself in a tree, (another meter or 2 and my drone would have been destroyed) so I am wondering If this was a software bug or anything. thanks
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

noahzho Posted at 6-6 19:55
Hi, I do not believe that there was any damage, drone seems to be fine (except for a bit of bent plastic) but I do not want this to happen again, as the drone failed to function properly, and almost destroyed itself in a tree, (another meter or 2 and my drone would have been destroyed) so I am wondering If this was a software bug or anything. thanks

You can contact DJI Support through the link below and apply for data analysis about this accident if it's under the warranty period. Our team will send you an email update after the analysis result come out. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-6-7
Use props
noahzho
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-7 04:24
You can contact DJI Support through the link below and apply for data analysis about this accident if it's under the warranty period. Our team will send you an email update after the analysis result come out. http://www.dji.com/support

Alright, thanks, sorry this is 5 days late but i was super busy, ill contact support in a moment
2022-6-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

noahzho Posted at 6-10 15:35
Alright, thanks, sorry this is 5 days late but i was super busy, ill contact support in a moment

Thanks for your reply. If there is anything that needs our help, please feel free to talk.
2022-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules