Mini 3 Pro very odd behaviour
2637 16 2022-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

Hi, Just sharing some odd gimbal behavior from the Mini 3 Pro. It appears to flick in odd ways.

When putting the gimbal in look down position and moving from left to right or vice versa, I noticed some odd behaviour from the gimbal. The issue also occurs when moving from forward to look down position. At the end of the flight one very concerning thing happened. I pushed my controller stick to move the drone left and it would not move at all. I could go forward, backward and right but not left. I rotated drone and then left worked. Its like the drone was near a geofence and would not move. My location was nowhere near a geofence.

Odd behaviour occured in 4K 30 and 60p formats. This is the first oddity I have encountered with the drone.

Height approx 60-90mTemp: 9 celcius ground level
Firmware: Current as of 07/June/2022
Memory: 256gb Samsung
Battery Level: 80%

DJI Stephen and DJI Paladin, please forward link to DJI Support engineers for assessment to correct in firmware updates for all users.

Thanks

Global Hawk

2022-6-7
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Global Hawk I would foward this to support not sure admins will do this
2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Global Hawk. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the firmware version that you are using please? In addition, these information is noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for evaluation. Thank you.
2022-6-7
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0100
2022-6-7
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 00:33
Hello there Global Hawk. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the firmware version that you are using please? In addition, these information is noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for evaluation. Thank you.

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0100
2022-6-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's quite noticeable. Seems like a flaw.
2022-6-7
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

Attempted another flight this afternoon and no abnormalities in the flight. The only thing I can think of was perhaps stronger wind up at the height it was? It was fine today.
2022-6-8
Use props
sawrad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790633 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I can confirm it also happened to me. Tried to move the drone to the left and nothing happened until i rotated. After that all went to normal. I remember my first thought was that it's because of the wind but there was absolutely no wind at the ground level. The drone was about 50m above.
2022-6-8
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

Maybe do a gimbal calibration?
2022-6-8
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had this issue the other week, specifically when looking straight down and the camera twitching.
Did not lose control of the drone though.
2022-6-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It could well be a limitation in the gimbal, pretty much like they all have but in different ways, especially if its windy or in sports mode etc, see what support has to say about it...
2022-6-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Possibly wind related.
Gimbal down leaves very little 'room' for compensation.
2022-6-10
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

why are you surprised?
you're standing under power lines and the mini is right above it.
this can lead to strange behavior, even to a crash.
2022-6-10
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

Indio Posted at 6-10 23:28
why are you surprised?
you're standing under power lines and the mini is right above it.
this can lead to strange behavior, even to a crash.

Yes I was near powerlines but the EMF coming off those lines is of no issue. Considering the frequency of the RC to aircraft is 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz, at these frequencies there are not even harmonics present to interfere. The distance of the aircraft from the powerlines also negates any form of foul play.

The issue has also been noticed by other users whom I assume were not near any powerlines. The only time you would have issues flying next to electrical systems would be when flying near mobile phone towers as they are closer to the frequencies of the drone's comms which could cause saturation in the front end of the recievers and cause disconnected comms.

Thanks for your input.
2022-6-12
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was able to recreate the gimbal issue, not the disconnect problem.

Basically looking straight down on a windy day pushes the gimbal to its limit. If you can fly with the nose or tail facing into the wind, this will increase the gimbal's range.
2022-6-12
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

CloudVisual Posted at 6-12 01:41
I was able to recreate the gimbal issue, not the disconnect problem.

Basically looking straight down on a windy day pushes the gimbal to its limit. If you can fly with the nose or tail facing into the wind, this will increase the gimbal's range.

Cheers,

thanks for the reply.

2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you had the gimbal full down and was hovering all would be ok. But when you go to fly in a particular direction the aircraft pitches in attitude and I suspect the gimbal try's to keep its position but is at the end of its travel..... No idea what the not flying left is all about although there is a setting to disable sideways flight but that would be in both directions
2022-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules