744 11 2022-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Betcha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29573 ft
France

Hi,

Most of my screen records from my DJI RC get corrupted, especially when they are long (>2-3min).
Errors could be :
- 0xc00d36c4
- 0xc10100bf
- The video stops and is stuck before its end

- I tried multiple players (Windows, VLC, internal DJI RC player)
- DJI RC is up to date.
- SD card (brand new Philips 16GB A1 V10) has been cleaned up and formated from the DJI RC multiple times.
- DJI RC cache has been cleaned
- Lot of storage space available both on the SD card and internal storage.

I've also noticed that the SD card slot gets pretty hot after the recording session.

I haven't managed to try another SD card yet.

Does someone else has the same problem ?
Thanks.
2022-6-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't have the drone or controller but the first thing that comes to mind is, is the card's speed adequate and secondly is it genuine? I would suggest testing the latter for size at least using H2testw.
2022-6-7
Use props
rodc27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Are you using a USB-C microphone or similar in the host port?
When I have attempted that, the screen recording function crashes and causes similar issue.
When nothing plugged into the host port, I have had no issues, and successfully screen recorded for nearly an hour.
2022-6-7
Use props
Betcha
lvl.2
France

Thanks for the replies.

@rodc27, no I do not use the host port at all, but thank you...

@Sean-bumble-bee, thank you for mentioning this tool. Indeed, it looks like the brand new SD card is faulty :

Warning: Only 14906 of 14907 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
290.3 MByte OK (594560 sectors)
14.2 GByte DATA LOST (29932928 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
14.2 GByte corrupted (29932928 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000012250000
Expected: 0x0000000012250000
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 8.23 MByte/s
Reading speed: 8.24 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I will test with another card when I can. I just hope it's not the DJI RC which made it burn...

2022-6-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

looking at the read write speeds, I think that----was---a slow speed rated card, I do not know what is necessary but I would be inclined tp go for a U3 rated card. I think I have seen 17 to low 20's from a U3 card and it is likely that my computer is the limitation there.
2022-6-7
Use props
Betcha
lvl.2
France

I agree, it is slow, but I think the tool just write random (tiny ?) files which is probably slower than recording a 480p video...
Could also be caused by the bad sectors...
By the way I dont think DJI recommands any specifications for the DJI RC SD Card, even slow card should be enough IMO.

Thank you anyway
2022-6-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is my understanding that the tool writes a succession of files, of fixed size, to the media being tested until the media is full and it then reads them back to check that they are correct, this probably explains why a small fraction of the card can not be tested, I get that every time but the written files are visible in windows explorer. The speeds I quote are from memories of the tools read write speeds with my computer which is a an old laptop from the windows 7 era.
If I remember correctly the file recovery software ZarX scans media sector by sector and produces a good/bad sector map but you need to watch it carefully as it approaches the end of a scan as the map disappears as soon as the scan is complete.
2022-6-7
Use props
rodc27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI do have a recommendation in the PDF manual.

2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Betcha. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended microSD card to see if the issue will persist. For reference kindly please refer to the post above posted by rodc27 on post #8 to see the list of recommended microSD card for the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.
2022-6-7
Use props
fans90d91378
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659173 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is DJI pending to fix the issue for RC screen recording resolution?  It seem too low for 480p recording at recent video requirements.
2022-6-9
Use props
JeanbHarmon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101467 ft
Israel

DJI recommendation about SD card is not relevant, screen recording and screen shot are not saved in the SD card but in Internal memory. The Fly app Video and Picture cache is saved in the SD card. So such issue with screen recording cannot stem from the SD Card unless you meant dji fly app video cache.
2022-11-17
Use props
sethgeib
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330226 ft
United States

I'd recommend buying a V30 or higher (V60, V90) card. A V10 card is likely not fast enough to support the recording. I personally use V30 cards in both my RC and Mini 3 Pro with no issues.
2022-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules