448 5 2022-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, what can cause GPS issues in a small area in my village?
Please see the flightlog, from about 6.7mins to about 7 and a half minutes.

Flightlog now removed for security reasons and its now been looked at, image now added.

Another flight around 7 days earlier on flight path to the right of the village, the majority of errors were for wind mind, the 2 nearest the UAV are for the GPS

Screenshot 2022-06-08 053736.png
Screenshot 2022-06-08 053806.png
2022-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

From 6:44.8 your sat numbers dropped from 20-24 to 6-7 sats and recovered after 45 seconds.
At the time the drone was 210 ft up with no obstacles to block sat reception.
Obviously the sats didn't wink out, so that leaves either a mystery hardware issue or a mystery GPS interference.

There's no obvious explanation.
Keep any eye on GPS and see if this sort of thing repeats or if it was a one-off.
2022-6-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you,  I think it did it on the outward journey too, ah found it, at 2:41 it drops to 5 sats, i reckon one of those properties is using something they shouldn't be, perhaps?
2022-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-7 06:34
Thank you,  I think it did it on the outward journey too, ah found it, at 2:41 it drops to 5 sats, i reckon one of those properties is using something they shouldn't be, perhaps?

It would be unlikely.
I've only seen cases of GPS jamming in Russia, Beirut, Israel and Turkey, and possibly one in Switzerland.
It's quite rare and usually in questionable areas.
2022-6-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-7 06:45
It would be unlikely.
I've only seen cases of GPS jamming in Russia, Beirut, Israel and Turkey, and possibly one in Switzerland.
It's quite rare and usually in questionable areas.

I have just been reading up on GPS jamming in the UK and its growing fast, sommat to do with stolen cars and monitor cars etc, quite illegal too.

"When people use these, it creates a bubble around their vehicle for about 500 metres that jams any GPS receiver or transmitter," Prof Charles Curry of Chronos Technology told the Guardian. "It stops any tracking system the owner might have put on the car. Usually they will block GSM [mobile phone] signals too that might also be used to send back a location.
2022-6-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just check a previous flight from over a week ago and that's the same and i was 2 the right of yesterday's flight path with less errors, just 2 just in front of the drones position, the rest are wind warnings

2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules