1569 6 2022-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
btframework
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

Hi folks,

Strange issue appeared second time. I had not too many good days here to fly after last FW update but last few flights show strange behavior: when the drobe flys forward it is fast climbing. Last flight (the log is there: https://app.airdata.com/share/Ptpvxa) I started forward flight at about 40 meters, and the drone raised up to 80+ meters in distance of about 600 meters. It was absolutely calm weather. I did not seen it before at least with previous firmware. Any ideas?

2022-6-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Flying with APAS on, your Air2S sees an obstacle in flight (false reading), it brakes, climb and start to increase speed again ; as you keep the fwd stick 100% forward.

Happens when flying towards the sun or getting reflections in the sensors.

I always fly APAS off    at height when i know that there are no obstacles, otherwise it does ruin my video.

See my chart of your flight data, see the speed and drone pitch line.

cheers.
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2022-6-7
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Belarus

Thnaks. That makes sense and yes, both flight I saw the issue I flew right to the sun.
2022-6-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

btframework Posted at 6-7 11:45
Thnaks. That makes sense and yes, both flight I saw the issue I flew right to the sun.

my pleasure to help

btw, your RTH failsafe action set to HOVER.

If you loose connection and you cannot restore connection it mayby hovers out of reach and land when battert gets low....if it lands somewhere where you cannot go to...
cheers
JJB
2022-6-7
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Belarus

Yes, I know, thanks. I flew under the bridge early this day and forgot to change it back to RTH. It wasn't the problem there because of open space and short flight distance.
2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there btframework. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that when your DJI drone is flying and is facing directly to the strong light like the Sun. The DJI drone would trigger obstacle avoidance mistakenly. So you might need to avoid flying straight to the sunlight, or you can switch off the obstacle avoidance system, but need to be careful when flying. Thank you.
2022-6-7
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Belarus

Yes, I got it, thank you. Interresting that there were not any APAS warnings. If warnings appeared I could understand what happened. Any way, now I know what that was and can avoid this by simple turning APAS off when needed.
2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules