Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danyrr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2527425 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Good morning to all;
I have verified that doing the RTH, the drone does not turn to be able to take some shots while he returns home. This with the Mini 2 if it could be done. Do you know if this is the case or if I'm not doing something right?
Greetings.

2022-6-8
Use props
Geevo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Henrik says the same thing here about not being able to turn the drone while in RTH mode. Time stamp start didn't work so it is at 22:15

So seems normal but I haven't tried myself.
2022-6-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Once RTH has been initiated, the prime objective of the drone is to return to the Homepoint by the most direct route (straight line) and at a pre-determined altitude above HP ( Provided you set one).
You can vary the altitude with the control stick during RTH, but the drone will not deviate from dead-ahead from what I've found.  The surest way to achieve what you want, is to cancel the RTH when the drone reaches the desired location, do your manoeuvering and shot-taking, then re-initiate RTH to resume the path back to RTH.
2022-6-8
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

None of the DJI consumer range allow this, apart from the Mini 2.  The Mini 2 did not have the function at launch, so its possible DJI may add it.

In the meantime, try practicing doing it manually - with time and effort, you can get pretty close, but it does need muscle memory to manually keep it on a straight course.
2022-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TheBoy Posted at 6-8 05:15
None of the DJI consumer range allow this, apart from the Mini 2.  The Mini 2 did not have the function at launch, so its possible DJI may add it.

In the meantime, try practicing doing it manually - with time and effort, you can get pretty close, but it does need muscle memory to manually keep it on a straight course.

You spend most of your time around here giving out wrong information. Almost all dji drones allow this Mavic 1 Mavic 2P Mavic Zoom Air1 Air2 Air2s Mini2 Phantom 4P etc etc….
2022-6-8
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-8 05:30
You spend most of your time around here giving out wrong information. Almost all dji drones allow this Mavic 1 Mavic 2P Mavic Zoom Air1 Air2 Air2s Mini2 Phantom 4P etc etc….

I should have been more specific, and said currently available. Apologies for that.

I don't have an Air 2/2S locally to try, but the user guide for both (P15 for Air 2S and also P15 for Air 2) specifically states the orientation cannot be controlled during RTH.

But of the remaining current Mavic series, SE can't, Mini 3 can't, Mavic 3 can't (unless it came with that big F/W just over a week ago).  The SE and Mini 3 are on the latest available f/w.  Mavic Mini is still available in the UK at some outlets, so should include that as well.  It can't.  These I have just tested myself, just now.

I know its not current, but just did a quick test with a Mavic 2, that cant either, unless there is a setting in the app - it was a quick test with a flat battery, so could have missed something on that one.
2022-6-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-8 05:30

Not the 2S, I tried it last night. Maybe the new firmware. I will try in a little while
Edit: Just got back in testing the new firmware. NO, the only input while RTH is gimbal up/down and altitude. No yaw or roll.

2022-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules