Mini SE No Longer Pairing With Controller
9907 36 2022-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HerbA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1209682 ft
United States

Hi folks, my first official post, saddly with an issue that I'm looking for help on.

I have had my mini for about two months now, absolutely love flying it. I'm 11.9hours, 56km and 134 flights into it and plans for much more.

I last used my drone on Sunday with no issue, flying through two batteries and ending in a nice hand-landing. Packed everything up and brought it home.

On Wednesday I started everything back up for a quick flight off my deck and waited. And waited some more, then realized the controller and drone were not pairing.

Steps I have tried to fix this are:
  • Restart everything: iPhone, controller, drone - No luck
  • Re-pairing controller and drone from within the menus and by holding drone button for 4 seconds - No luck
  • Re-installing the software on the iPhone - No luck
  • Connecting controller and drone to DJI Assistant 2 to see if an upgrade was needed, if there was a mismatch in versions, etc.
  • Controller: Upon plugging into USB port, computer made a 'bing' sound (sees an attachment) and DJI Assist2 sees controller (is up-to-date)
  • Drone: Plugging drone in (while powered on AND using DJI cable) I do  NOT   hear any 'bing', and DJI Assist2 does not see the drone

Thinking it is the drone, I have tried the above on various computers on Win10, Win11 with no luck. Have tried with drone off first, with drone on first, all while using DJI's cable, then with another USB-C cable I have. Still no luck.

Drone is now activated 61 days ago, so no sure if there is a magical number after which it requires something to be done, but I have registered, can see my aircraft and controller SN's in the app.

I have run out of ideas and am headnig to support to see if they can help, thought I would try out my first post on an ask for help.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

2022-6-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HerbA. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist and may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this issue is happening? Thank you.
2022-6-9
Use props
djiuser_xaFBcUwyDeiy
New
United States

Stephen, I have encountered the same issue. I just bought a DJI Mini SE and I cannot get the controller to connect with either of my android devices. I installed the proper app and am using the included cables. The DJI Fly app is just not sensing the controller when I connect it to the phone. I am guessing that the unit might be defective, but I don't know what else to test or if there's a solution I'm unaware of.
2022-6-13
Use props
chukaman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32746 ft
South Africa

The fix for this for me was to ensure that my SD card "DCIM -> 100MEDIA" folder had NO foreign directories or files in it, only what was there originally or put there by the drone. Once I did that everything magically worked again. Try it and let us know.
2022-7-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great post Chukaman that is an easily over looked and forgotten source of problems.
To HerbA, remove the memory card and test the drone/controller connection. If the connection works put the card in a reader attached to a computer and check it for mis_named photos and videos.
From memory DJI drones DO NOT like photos and videos on the card whose names DO NOT EXACTLY MATCH DJI's chosen name layout. I seem to remember I had put a video or photo on the card with a single space in the name and it stopped my M2Z from connecting and maybe booting correctly.

2022-7-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also it may be possible to trigger linking without the phone being connected. You can with most DJI drone through a specific button pressing sequence on the controller. For the mavic mini it is  shown in the following video from 1:23 onwards.

Since the Mavic Mini and Mini SE use the same controller the latter may work with the SE.
2022-7-3
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
United States

To close the loop on the thread, I had to return the drone and controller to DJI, they replaced both under warranty. Awesome service, glad it wasn't some dumb user-error.
2022-9-7
Use props
Carnbroe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23904 ft
United Kingdom

HerbA Posted at 9-7 05:20
To close the loop on the thread, I had to return the drone and controller to DJI, they replaced both under warranty. Awesome service, glad it wasn't some dumb user-error.

Hi HerbA, good to see that you now have a working device again.  As a matter of interest, the last time you  used the original device before it failed to connect, had you changed the WiFi settings to Manual or was it still set to Auto ?   (just asking as there are a couple of posts suggesting that this may be an issue )
2022-9-7
Use props
yakhadzhiev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 476 ft
Russia

Carnbroe Posted at 9-7 16:25
Hi HerbA, good to see that you now have a working device again.  As a matter of interest, the last time you  used the original device before it failed to connect, had you changed the WiFi settings to Manual or was it still set to Auto ?   (just asking as there are a couple of posts suggesting that this may be an issue )

I personally lost the pairing when I clicked on the manual channel
2022-9-8
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
United States

Carnbroe Posted at 9-7 16:25

I don't believe I had tried that. What I did do was do the online chat feature with the DJI team and they walked me through several steps, finalizing with "send the drone and controller to us". They replaced it about 1 day or so after receiving, so either they could not pair it, or they took path of least resistance. Either way, I was super happy with the service as they got it back to me 2 days before I was to leave on a cruise (which is why I bought the drone in the first place).
2022-9-21
Use props
BADR
New

Saudi Arabia

yakhadzhiev Posted at 2022-9-8 01:12
I personally lost the pairing when I clicked on the manual channel

same, have you fixed it ?
2023-1-4
Use props
djiuser_crnPYaYrP7Jk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5299 ft
United States

I just posted this on the 'Dont Click on Manual Channel Mode' thread but I'll put it here, too, since it is directly relevant to the topic.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Everyone, newbie here. I found this thread that began about 5 months ago but I can tell you the problem still exists today, Jan 5 2023.  Had my mini SE about a week with everything working well.  I changed from 'Auto' to 'Manual' just to become familar with the software and how it works.   Drone continued to fly well but next day when I went to fly it again, it would not connect.   

I upgraded firmware in both controller and the mini SE.  Removed the memory card.  Fully charged the batteries.  Deleted and re-installed the DJI Fly app.   I tried a different phone.  Nothing worked.  When I click on 'Auto' it would flash momentarily but go right back to 'Manual.'  

I speaking with DJI support they did not have a clue and said to send it back for evaluation.  Fortunately, I bought it on Amazon so I'm returning to Amazon and getting a replacement.  I'm actually going for the Mini 2 this time.  I think it's a bug in the 'Transmission' software but that's just an uneducated guess.

Bottom line it seems DJI is not interested in resolving this and it seems to have been a problem for several months.
So, DON'T CLICK ON THE MANUAL CHANNEL.  
2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_4ppMXEg3VlTf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1952 ft
United States

I have the same problem aircraft won't connect..but I find out .that aircraft is made in Malaysia and the controller is made in China.
2023-1-6
Use props
Kir_bali
lvl.1
Indonesia

I encountered the same problem after pressing on "manual mode".
So as I can see many people suffer from this, and me, as a developer, HIGHLY RECOMMEND to hide this function! This high bug blocks all system.
As a user I'm dissatisfied with the purchase ( not only I spent lot of money on this aircraft but it's me again who have to spend money and time on shipping the aircraft and the remote controller to CHINA)
The DJI support team only thanks me for my patience but everything has its own limit. I'm waiting the DJI service center address in China for several days, why it takes so long to text the address?
2023-1-11
Use props
MoeTakseer
New
Flight distance : 36014 ft
Canada

this issue is ridiculous. I just bought the drone this month, switched the transmission to manual and then the drone immediately disconnected and wont connect. Sat with customer support for 3+ hrs trying different things and at the end they said send the drone to us. This baffles me to be honest; this issue has been existing for so long and no fixes have been provided. Either prevent us from making the switch between automatic and manual transmission, or fix this bug. Unreal
2023-1-25
Use props
djiuser_PfCo3yFHeWO4
lvl.1

United States

I recently bought a new mini SE last Saturday (1/28/2023) and your issue is still present with switching to manual mode. Being sent back to Amazon today. Please get this corrected asap or remove this option from your device.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MoeTakseer Posted at 1-25 19:53
this issue is ridiculous. I just bought the drone this month, switched the transmission to manual and then the drone immediately disconnected and wont connect. Sat with customer support for 3+ hrs trying different things and at the end they said send the drone to us. This baffles me to be honest; this issue has been existing for so long and no fixes have been provided. Either prevent us from making the switch between automatic and manual transmission, or fix this bug. Unreal

Hi, there.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we know if you sent us your product already? If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.You can also send us the related case number, we will ask the team to pay attention to this problem.
Thank you.

2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_PfCo3yFHeWO4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-31 17:39
Hi, there.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will check this problem asap.

I've seen this same response to this reported issue a dozen times on this forum going back more than 6 months....yet the issue still remains.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_PfCo3yFHeWO4 Posted at 1-31 18:22
I've seen this same response to this reported issue a dozen times on this forum going back more than 6 months....yet the issue still remains.

Hi, there.
We noticed you meet the same problem, please don't worry, we will confirm this problem with our engineer. Thank you.
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_us39esS2OnTg
lvl.1

United States

well i wish i had seen this post BEFORE i tried to get a better transmission signal.....changed my drone to  manual and now nothing works,,,,just blinks yellow and will NOT pair no matter what.

as i live in the US i am not sure who to contact?... do i call Japan....the north american office or what....

or do i just chalk it up as a loss and throw away 300 bucks....

any help would be greatly appreciated
mitch

drone was activate 12/2/2022 ...ive literally had it 2 months and it worked perfect until i changed it to manual

2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_PfCo3yFHeWO4 Posted at 1-31 18:22
I've seen this same response to this reported issue a dozen times on this forum going back more than 6 months....yet the issue still remains.

Update:
Thanks for your waiting.
Could you please try to remove the memory card and refresh the firmware again?
If it doesn't work, please send it back for a further check, here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
If you need any more support, please just let us know here.
Thank you very much.
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_us39esS2OnTg Posted at 2-1 21:23
well i wish i had seen this post BEFORE i tried to get a better transmission signal.....changed my drone to  manual and now nothing works,,,,just blinks yellow and will NOT pair no matter what.

as i live in the US i am not sure who to contact?... do i call Japan....the north american office or what....

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
If you meet the same problem, could you please try the suggestions on floor 21#?
Thanks in advance.
2023-2-2
Use props
djiuser_us39esS2OnTg
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-2 17:18
Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
If you meet the same problem, could you please try the suggestions on floor 21#?

i have tried every suggestion available.

what i am seeing is when i connect the drone to the assistant it is a different firmware than the remote.

the RC is 01.00.0600
the drone is 01.02.0000
dji fly app 1.9.1  

with each being brand new...i only have that firmware listed as a choice....and i DO NOT have a restore to factory settings option.

being new to drones...i have no clue how to install matching firmware without the assistant giving me the option....which it does NOT do

2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_us39esS2OnTg Posted at 2-2 17:35
i have tried every suggestion available.

what i am seeing is when i connect the drone to the assistant it is a different firmware than the remote.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We recommend using the app for updating. If the update fails, please refer to the method below and try again:
1. Power off and reboot the remote controller and aircraft. Try updating again.
2. If possible, use another mobile device and try again. For example, switch an iOS device to an Android device.
3. If the update using the app still fails, we recommend using DJI Assistant 2 for updating if you have a computer on hand.
If you still meet this problem, please send us your drone, and we will take care of it and do our best to help. You can also check any updates via Email. Here is the link to open a case: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
If there is anything else that we can help with, please just let us know as well.
2023-2-5
Use props
Martin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_us39esS2OnTg Posted at 2-1 21:23

Hi. I had the same problem. Ive sent the controller and drone back to DJI and im awaiting for its return, but I know it wont connect because the setting are on manual and not auto. Did you get yours sorted in the end?
2023-2-17
Use props
Martin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HerbA Posted at 2022-9-7 05:20
To close the loop on the thread, I had to return the drone and controller to DJI, they replaced both under warranty. Awesome service, glad it wasn't some dumb user-error.

Hi. I had the same problem. Ive sent the controller and drone back to DJI and im awaiting for its return, but I know it wont connect because the setting are on manual and not auto. Did you get yours sorted in the end?
2023-2-17
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
United States

Martin@orbitalfoods.com Posted at 2-17 06:20
Hi. I had the same problem. Ive sent the controller and drone back to DJI and im awaiting for its return, but I know it wont connect because the setting are on manual and not auto. Did you get yours sorted in the end?

Yes, fully resolved. They had to replace both drone and controller and send back. Root-cause I have no idea about, but the speed with which I got the drone back was fabulous. I was getting ready to go on a cruise (reason for buying the drone) and it arrived a day earlier than it was supposed to, and a day BEFORE my cruise.
2023-2-17
Use props
djiuser_DiVm8eIVAe0g
New

Sweden

Hi, I have the same problem. change mine to manual and now i can't pair the drone. Has this problem been resolved in any way? I can't really find where I can write to a support, all I can find is in Chinese and I don't know that language. please help me before i tear my hair off my head
2023-3-3
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_DiVm8eIVAe0g Posted at 3-3 04:53
Hi, I have the same problem. change mine to manual and now i can't pair the drone. Has this problem been resolved in any way? I can't really find where I can write to a support, all I can find is in Chinese and I don't know that language. please help me before i tear my hair off my head

OK, now tearing the hair out isn't a good approach, your head will get cold when it rains or is windy.

To avoid that from happening, here's what I did (note: you do NOT have to have your drone talking to your phone/other for this, just the DJI app):

1. Open up the DJI app on your phone or whatever you use to fly your drone).
2. Click on the little guy labeled 'Profile'
3. On the next screen, sroll down to SERVICE & SUPPORT
4. Go to ONLINE SUPPORT
5. Pick any of the drone categories shown (even if not your own)
6. On the next screen, select PRODUCT & TECHNICAL SUPPORT
7. On the next screen, sroll to bottom and click the option STILL NEED HELP? CONTACT ONLINE SUPPORT
8. Chat away with the support person via text on the next screen, telling them you have X-type drone and need help with that but couldn't find the option in the listing of products.

NOTE: There may be an easier way to get to the online chat, but that's what I saw.

2023-3-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

HerbA Posted at 3-4 10:28
OK, now tearing the hair out isn't a good approach, your head will get cold when it rains or is windy.

To avoid that from happening, here's what I did (note: you do NOT have to have your drone talking to your phone/other for this, just the DJI app):

There is an easier way. At the bottom of the page, click "support", then, "service request and inquiry", then scroll to "comtact us/online customer service" This opens a chat window. If you know your case number, there is an option for that also.
2023-3-4
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-4 10:42
There is an easier way. At the bottom of the page, click "support", then, "service request and inquiry", then scroll to "comtact us/online customer service" This opens a chat window. If you know your case number, there is an option for that also.

Even better. Thanks for the heads-up.
2023-3-8
Use props
djiuser_enf74WFJsjmR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 716906 ft
Israel

I have the same issue with Dji mini 1 but my drone isn't under warranty anymore.
2023-4-23
Use props
djiuser_enf74WFJsjmR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 716906 ft
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-31 19:08
Hi, there.
We noticed you meet the same problem, please don't worry, we will confirm this problem with our engineer. Thank you.

Hi I have the same issue with Dji mini 1 but my drone isn't under warranty anymore.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_enf74WFJsjmR Posted at 4-23 07:50
Hi I have the same issue with Dji mini 1 but my drone isn't under warranty anymore.

Hi, there.
May I double confirm if your Mavic Mini can not connect with your controller? Could you please provide us with a related video or offer us more details so that we can offer better assistance?
Thanks in advance.
2023-4-23
Use props
Meeeeeeee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74108 ft
Norway

I just solved this on my Nothing Phone (1), after i got upgraded to Android 13.
Enable Developer mode (a bit different way of enabling on different brands, but normally click several times on build number).
Then turn on USB debugging. This allows you to select File Transfer in what to use USB for.
It was no problem under Android 12, but that evidently changed under Android 13.
Good luck
2023-5-6
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
United States

Meeeeeeee Posted at 5-6 10:40
I just solved this on my Nothing Phone (1), after i got upgraded to Android 13.
Enable Developer mode (a bit different way of enabling on different brands, but normally click several times on build number).
Then turn on USB debugging. This allows you to select File Transfer in what to use USB for.

Thanks for sharing.

While I no longer have that Mini SE, I'm sure others who do and run into the issue might take advantage of your instructions. Would have liked to have tried it out before sending back.
2023-5-11
Use props
djiuser_DM0TlVPiiySS
lvl.1

Poland

dji mini 2 se, you did the update from the computer today, I did not get any results. The problem is dji mini 2 remote controller not connected can someone help mel
Screenshot_2023-05-17-20-49-20-676_com.miui.gallery.jpg
2023-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules