895 13 2022-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well here is a simple video of a little test flight in quite windy conditions. This is the DJI Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC CE version of the drone.
This flew way way further than I would ever generally do. It had no signal issues at all in reality. The Signal strength display did flicker to orange from time to time but no issues. The video feed never once lagged or broke up.

For me I do not need any more than this but I could have gone a lot further

2022-6-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd consider that adequate distance too   Glad to see the Frog performs to your satisfaction
2022-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

All green! Lovely footage. Thanks for sharing this with us and also for your kind words about our product, Bigplumbs. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-6-11
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that’s really far, the farthest I’ve ever gone with my Mavic 3 on a range test was I4,000ft.
2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-12 07:27
Wow that’s really far, the farthest I’ve ever gone with my Mavic 3 on a range test was I4,000ft.

That was actually way less than 14,000 ft..... That just goes to show how far say 1KM is. People dont realise that if your little drone is over 500 m away that is a very long way
2022-6-12
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I fly Mini 3 pro at a max range of one kilometer sometimes one and a half, I never had any signal strength problems In every type of environment. I always have a full signal. The problem may be that you need to have the new RC exactly in a straight line with the drone but because of the no external antennas there is not much antenna surface so it makes it difficult, I think this is the problem that people have range problems.
2022-6-12
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-12 10:41
That was actually way less than 14,000 ft..... That just goes to show how far say 1KM is. People dont realise that if your little drone is over 500 m away that is a very long way

How far did you fly in this video?
2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5fad8194 Posted at 6-12 16:10
How far did you fly in this video?

I have deliberately not given a number because that is not the point. The real world distance can be seen from the video and it is a long way and way further than I would ever fly for filming. People get rather obsessed with numbers but have difficulty relating that to real world.
2022-6-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, you've certainly gone past VLOS so now perhaps you can stop your criticism of others that do so, unlikely mind...

Disclaimer; seen as Bigplumbs does not want me posting in this section but i don't care, i do not own this Mini 3 Pro, i am parting with my wisdom, knowledge, appreciation and pointing out hypocrisy as seen here.
2022-6-15
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2022-6-15
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4717963 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Everyone is complaint about the range on mini 3 Pro.  By law, you should have the line of sight to the drone.  You can't really see the tiny little drone after 300-400 meters away anyway.  

I flied over water with 2 valleys on each side the other day, just over 500m then signal turned yellow.  But then, I flied around again at ?? Harbour bridge and flied >700m and the signal with full signal without dropping a bar.
I guess if you are flying in an open area where the RC pointing directly to the drone with 0 congestion (WiFi etc), then you can get amazing signal.

I am wondering if we change to an uncongested channel will help (2.4GHz or 5.6GHz).  I haven't seen any video DJI fly app on changing channel.

Hopefully a firmware update will solve the issue.  However, it is the general massive improvement over the signal strength.  It is still good buy for me.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-15 20:19
Well, you've certainly gone past VLOS so now perhaps you can stop your criticism of others that do so, unlikely mind...

Disclaimer; seen as Bigplumbs does not want me posting in this section but i don't care, i do not own this Mini 3 Pro, i am parting with my wisdom, knowledge, appreciation and pointing out hypocrisy as seen here.

You need to get out more
2022-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-15 21:56
You need to get out more

Aw diddums, did someone catch you out, you really need to get over this fixation with me, ya starting to make me blush....
2022-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules