DJI GO 4 4.3.46 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FORCE CRASHING
2086 8 2022-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skiutah1080
lvl.1

United States

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 with the latest software update from Samsung (Android 12)

I've tried MULTIPLE versions of the DJI GO 4 app (starting with the latest, and yes, downloaded directly from DJI site) and ALL are force crashing upon initial boot.  I've tried restarting the tablet, I've cleared cache, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times, but nothing has worked so far.  

Anybody have any tips?  I'm currently grounded with my Mavic 2 Pro until this gets fixed.
2022-6-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, Android 12 has "killed" the DJI Go4 App.  It will no longer even open on my A51. Doesn't look like there'll be a fix any time soon.  Have you considered a third-party App?  Litchi does the job just fine.  Or buy an older device to fly the drone with. My 8 inch Galaxy Tab S2  for example still runs DJIGO4  with no issues.
2022-6-12
Use props
skiutah1080
lvl.1

United States

So unfortunate...  
I just went and splurged on an ipad mini at Costco.   I'll have to check out some of the other apps!  Pix4d capture is one I was looking at previously, might give that a shot.
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there skiutah1080. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on the DJI Go 4 application to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 ) that your are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we can not guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 Application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . Thank you.
2022-6-12
Use props
skiutah1080
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-12 19:31
Hello there skiutah1080. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on the DJI Go 4 application to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 ) that your are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we can not guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 Application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . Thank you.

I don't have that option.  I have the Galaxy Tab S7 and a Pixel 6 Pro.  those are the only devices I have available.
2022-6-13
Use props
sgrant64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United States

skiutah1080 Posted at 2022-6-13 04:40
I don't have that option.  I have the Galaxy Tab S7 and a Pixel 6 Pro.  those are the only devices I have available.

A bit late to this thread...  Am having exact issue.  Am curious if you were ever able to get it to run on your S7.  Thanks.
2023-1-5
Use props
sgrant64
lvl.1
United States

skiutah1080 Posted at 2022-6-13 04:40
I don't have that option.  I have the Galaxy Tab S7 and a Pixel 6 Pro.  those are the only devices I have available.

A bit late to this thread...  Am having exact issue.  Am curious if you were ever able to get it to run on your S7.  Thanks.
2023-1-5
Use props
sgrant64
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-6-12 19:31
Hello there skiutah1080. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on the DJI Go 4 application to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 ) that your are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we can not guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 Application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . Thank you.

I am using Samsung tablet S7 w/Android ver 12.  DJIGO4 immediately crashes when trying to open. Issue started about 6 months ago.  I've uninstalled, re-installed directly from DJI and no luck.  Would really appreicate a solution.  Thanks.
2023-1-5
Use props
sgrant64
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-6-12 19:31
Hello there skiutah1080. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on the DJI Go 4 application to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 ) that your are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we can not guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 Application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . Thank you.

I am using Samsung tablet S7 w/Android ver 12.  DJIGO4 immediately crashes when trying to open. Issue started about 6 months ago.  I've uninstalled, re-installed directly from DJI and no luck.  Would really appreciate a solution.  Thanks.
2023-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules