DJI Mavic 3 - Satellite lock time
1085 5 2022-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rpk4
New

United Kingdom

Hi
I was about to buy Mavic 3 but have been told by colleague that it is taking around 5mins to lock in to satelites on first start each day, depleting battery by about 5%.
Is this something that is being resolved?  2S does same in about 60secs or less.
Thanks
Rob
2022-6-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The May 31 firmware update finally fixed the Mavic 3 GPS issues and added so much more functionality to the drone especially the telephoto zoom camera.  Take a look at this video for more info on the added functionalities.

2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rob. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic 3 can give out the best information and recommendation with regard to this matter. In addition kindly please update your DJI Mavic 3's firmware to its latest on for you to be able to maximize the use of your DJI Mavic 3. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-6-13
Use props
fansbda66cd1
New

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-13 19:34
Hello there Rob. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic 3 can give out the best information and recommendation with regard to this matter. In addition kindly please update your DJI Mavic 3's firmware to its latest on for you to be able to maximize the use of your DJI Mavic 3. Thank you and keep flying.

Many thanks Stephen. I ll look to follow your advice.
2022-6-19
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey rpk, as a fellow Mavic 3 pilot I can say that the gps issue has been resolved and have never had the gps take longer then a minute to get gps lock and in fact it takes less then 40 seconds for me which is really nice!
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansbda66cd1 Posted at 6-19 12:43
Many thanks Stephen. I ll look to follow your advice.

Hi there Rob. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules