Where have I gone wrong (Mini 2)
582 9 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Is it finger trouble or am I just being incredibly stupid. I can fly my Mini 2 and everything seems ok, but when I check my phone I can see the quickshots have been saved but not the 'normal' video!
All the files are correct on the SD card so no problem there and the file has been synced ok as well to Airdata. So, why is the video not on the phone?

Edit:- settings on the fly app checked. files set to cache on phone.
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So on the fly app main screen, (not camera view) when you select album and ensure your on app album at the top of the screen you see no video?
2022-6-14
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 6-14 08:19
So on the fly app main screen, (not camera view) when you select album and ensure your on app album at the top of the screen you see no video?

Correct. The 2 Quickshots that I took, (Dronie and Rocket) show up perfectly but the 'normal' video didn't appear at all but all 3 videos downloaded to PC no problem.
2022-6-14
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Update:- I flew my other Mini 2 in same area and found that it recorded a 'normal' video, a Pano shot, a Sphere shot and a couple of other 'Stills' to the same phone that I used before. So, I have gone through both drones and set all parameters exactly the same. Hoping to fly them both tomorrow and record the findings. I will take some video and also some single shots for comparison between them.
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yogi053. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue. Thank you.
2022-6-14
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi Dji Stephen. The mobile device that I was using is a Oneplus 7t phone. Please, please don't tell me that my phone is not compatible with the Mini 2 as I have been using this phone since first purchasing my first Mini 2 in Nov. 2020.
I am NOT a conspiracy theorist, BUT after reading of so many people being told that their mobile devices are not recommended after them using said devices for lengthy periods, I wonder if in a couple of years we will be down to only Chinese Huawei phones or the latest Apple and Samsung devices.
I have carried out further checks on both Mini 2 drones and will publish the results here later.
2022-6-15
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What % do you have set for the File Cache. Have you tried a very short normal video? Have you deleted the cache before the normal video? You may not have enough space on the phone allocated.
2022-6-15
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The cache I have set at 16gb. I did not delete cache before video. The phone's memory is 128gb of which I have used approx. 47gb.
As you suggested in your post. (which I had already commenced) I flew both Mini 2 drones each with their own controller and using 1,Oneplus 7t phone, with ALL parameters set up identically ie. Safety, Control, Camera etc .Firmware, Fly Safe data in fact everything the same.
Everything went fine except that 1 photo did not appear on the Phone Fly App from the first Mini 2 flight. (That might have been finger trouble on my part). So, it looks as if everything is now ok, except that when I restarted the 2nd Mini 2 again after the flights it asked me to update the Fly Safe Database again. Still kept the same number on display. (Fly Safe started at 01.00.01.27 and remained at same after download). Confused! I am. Everything looks good now but I will be keeping a careful watch on what they download in the future.
I know it isn't a big deal, as I download the SD cards to my Hard Drives after flying for the day and delete the video and photos from my phone anyway, but I just wanted to get to the bottom of this anomaly.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

yogi053, Thank goodness you have two Mini2's to compare - that takes a lot of guess work out of it.  Something I have been wondering about and it may be what has caused
your concern, is that at times DJI GoFly is slow, or has stopped, for a short amount of time?  Glad you have solved your problem.
2022-6-15
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 6-15 10:36
yogi053, Thank goodness you have two Mini2's to compare - that takes a lot of guess work out of it.  Something I have been wondering about and it may be what has caused
your concern, is that at times DJI GoFly is slow, or has stopped, for a short amount of time?  Glad you have solved your problem.

Cheers Bob-Mini-2. It does indeed help having the 2 machines the same for comparing flight statistics.
2022-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules