Where is located the GPS on the Mavic 3 ?
4850 13 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loic2665
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1636542 ft
France

Hello everyone, first post here but been registrered for some year now ^^.

As a flyer in France we must put a sticker with some identification information
and since the bottom of the drone is a radiator, I can't stick it, I would like to put
it on the top of the body of the drone but I don't have any idea where is the GPS
antenna, anybody know where to put my sticker to avoid putting it on the GPS antenna?
(or maybe it is not on the top ? I really don't know)

Here is a pic of the sticker compared to the size of the drone.

20220614_211505-2.jpg

Thanks, have a nice day.   
2022-6-14
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Loic, you can google for "Mavic 3 teardown" and you can find articles with pictures or maybe videos of Mavic 3 being taken apart and what it looks like inside.
2022-6-14
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Got curios and watched teardown. The GPS antennas are close to the top air intake close to front vision sensors. It seems the location where you showed placing the sticker is just fine.
2022-6-14
Use props
loic2665
lvl.2
France

Mzp Posted at 6-14 12:28
Loic, you can google for "Mavic 3 teardown" and you can find articles with pictures or maybe videos of Mavic 3 being taken apart and what it looks like inside.

Hey, thanks for your answer, maybe I didn't looked for the right term on Google, but thanks, I will put it on the top but near the back side.
2022-6-14
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

loic2665 Posted at 6-14 13:21
Hey, thanks for your answer, maybe I didn't looked for the right term on Google, but thanks, I will put it on the top but near the back side.

Nw, you are welcome Loic
2022-6-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The GPS receiver manages to get signal from satellites, through the thick plastic shel of the drone.
And it will do the same through wooden walls or the fibreglass hull and deck of a boat, but you are concerned about a sticker !!

Unless the sticker is metallic, it will have no effect at all on GPS signal reception.
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there loic2665. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic 3 can give out the best recommendation and information on where they have placed the identification information sticker on there DJI drone. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  
2022-6-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its near the front.

2022-6-14
Use props
loic2665
lvl.2
France

Hey thanks everyone for your answer, with your answers I put my stickers more near the dji logo, leaving the front untouched to let the gps doing it's job correctly, even if it a layer of plastic, it's better to have nothing more than the existing things.

I don't know how we can close a thread or lock it. But my question is answered.

Thanks again everyone.
2022-6-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

loic2665 Posted at 6-14 23:22
Hey thanks everyone for your answer, with your answers I put my stickers more near the dji logo, leaving the front untouched to let the gps doing it's job correctly, even if it a layer of plastic, it's better to have nothing more than the existing things.

I don't know how we can close a thread or lock it. But my question is answered.

leaving the front untouched to let the gps doing it's job correctly, even if it a layer of plastic
Save your caution for things that actually matter.
GPS signals won't go through rock, concrete, water or metal, but your sticker is completely transparent to the radio signal (unless it's metallic).
2022-6-15
Use props
loic2665
lvl.2
France

Labroides Posted at 6-15 03:37
leaving the front untouched to let the gps doing it's job correctly, even if it a layer of plastic
Save your caution for things that actually matter.
GPS signals won't go through rock, concrete, water or metal, but your sticker is completely transparent to the radio signal (unless it's metallic).

Hi, the registration of my drone does matter, I want to be a responsible pilot and fly my drone with no problem, putting it on the top makes it easier to read information related to it, but I wanted to be sure, because with the previous firmware the GPS has a slow fix, I didn't wanted to add another layer of material no matter what the type is.

I came from a Phantom 3 Standard that has only GPS and not GPS-A technology in it, so I always had 9-10 GPS satellites locked-in and it worked fine but I had more risk or having a locking issue, but when you have GPS-A with 23 locked-in satellites that's better, but I prefer to avoid any risk. :-)
2022-6-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

My neighbor with tons of bumper stickers on his car must not get any GPS reception for his navigation system.  Now I understand why!
2022-6-15
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I remember the gps antenna is in the arms or I think that’s the antenna for the remote to drone but either way you should be able to put it on top of the drone with little to no issue at all.
2022-6-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

loic2665 Posted at 6-15 04:14
Hi, the registration of my drone does matter, I want to be a responsible pilot and fly my drone with no problem, putting it on the top makes it easier to read information related to it, but I wanted to be sure, because with the previous firmware the GPS has a slow fix, I didn't wanted to add another layer of material no matter what the type is.

I came from a Phantom 3 Standard that has only GPS and not GPS-A technology in it, so I always had 9-10 GPS satellites locked-in and it worked fine but I had more risk or having a locking issue, but when you have GPS-A with 23 locked-in satellites that's better, but I prefer to avoid any risk. :-)

None of that makes any sense.

but I prefer to avoid any risk

As I've tried (unsuccessfully) to explain,  there is no risk to avoid.
2022-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules