Issues with Quickshots in MINI SE
4808 9 2022-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andre.fontes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I recently got the MINI SE as my first drone and I am really enjoying it.

Today I went to a big park and tried to use the quickshot function but I don't know if I am doing something wrong because I cannot get it to work.

I go to the quickshot function and select one of the modes (the same thing happens regardless of the mode - dronie, rocket, helix, etc). When I choose the mode, a message appears asking me to tap on the "+" symbol or draw a square around the subject.

The problem is: there is no "+" symbol on the screen, and when I draw a square, the outlines of the square appear but are gone as soon as I let go of the screen, and the message asking me to tap the symbol or draw aa square reappears as before, asking me to do again.

The start option is not active since I am not able to choose a subject or draw around it.

I turned the app off and on again and was able to do it ONCE (I could see the "+" symbol on myself in the screen and also was able to draw a square around me and got a footage using helix mode), and then it stopped again and the same thing kept happening. Now I cannot make it work again.

I have tried in C, P and S modes and simply cannot get it to work. Batteries are full and SD card almost empty.

Are there any specific conditions for the quickshots to work that I am not aware of? I have no idea why it worked once, but it was the only time I was able to make it work.

Anyone with this issue that can help me solve it, please? I am still learning to fly, so quickshot is really handy for me now and I want to use it more.

Thank you!

Andre.
2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please follow the tutorial video below to try again? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/mini-se/video
2022-6-16
Use props
andre.fontes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 6-16 03:40
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please follow the tutorial video below to try again? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/mini-se/video

Hi, I appreciate the help, but the video tutorial show exactly what I have been trying, but the "+" symbol does not appear for me in any subject nor does the app allows me to draw a box around a subject.
I cannot press "start" because I cannot select a subject.
2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please check the following stepls:
1. For drones without internal storage, check whether a microSD card has been inserted. For drones with internal storage, check whether the selected Storage Mode has sufficient storage.
--> If the storage is insufficient, QuickShots cannot be used (The QuickShots button is invisible). We recommend mounting a microSD card.
2. Check whether the flight mode/remote controller mode is P mode and whether the signal is strong.
--> If the aircraft has entered the ATTI mode or another mode, the QuickShots function cannot be used. We recommend switching the remote controller back to P mode and ensuring that the signal is strong.
3. Check whether the vertical takeoff height is over 2 m.
--> The QuickShots is not available if the takeoff altitude is lower than 2 m. Please fly the aircraft above 2 m before using QuickShots.
4. Check whether the lighting conditions are good and whether there are obstacles around the subject.
--> If the light is insufficient or there are obstacles around, there might be a calculation error due to visual element of the target distance. As such, the DJI Fly app will not be able to stitch Quickshots videos. When the light is sufficient and there are no obstacles around the target, keep an ample flight distance to prevent the influence of visual elements.
5. Check whether the mobile phone is compatible with the DJI GO 4/DJI Fly app. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
--> If the device is incompatible, QuickShots might not be used. If a compatible device is used, recommend that you synchronizes data and reinstalls the app. If an incompatible device is used, it is recommended to replace it with a mobile phone on the compatibility list for testing and usage.
7. Refresh the aircraft firmware version and see if it is valid.
If you still meet the problems, please send us a related video via Google Drive or Dropbox. Then we will confirm as soon as possible and reply to you.
2022-6-16
Use props
andre.fontes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-16 18:48
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please check the following stepls:
1. For drones without internal storage, check whether a microSD card has been inserted. For drones with internal storage, check whether the selected Storage Mode has sufficient storage.
--> If the storage is insufficient, QuickShots cannot be used (The QuickShots button is invisible). We recommend mounting a microSD card.

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your answer. I still cannot make it work. Here are my comments on that:

Drone has a Sandisk Ultra Pro 128gb SD card which is empty, therefore with plenty of available space.
2. Check whether the flight mode/remote controller mode is P mode and whether the signal is strong.
I made sure it was in P mode and signal was at its maximum.
3. Check whether the vertical takeoff height is over 2 m.
I have tried with several different heights and got the same result.
4. Check whether the lighting conditions are good and whether there are obstacles around the subject.
I have tried in several different light conditions and still always get the same result.
5. Check whether the mobile phone is compatible with the DJI GO 4/DJI Fly app.
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10, which is in the compatible devices list.
7. Refresh the aircraft firmware version and see if it is valid.
I am using the most up to date firmware. When I go to check updates it says that there are no updates at the moment.
If you still meet the problems, please send us a related video via Google Drive or Dropbox. Then we will confirm as soon as possible and reply to you.
What kind of video would you like me to send? A screen capture of the app asking me to draw a box?

I have searched for other people with this issues and was able to find several threads where the same issue was described. Also, I have found several people who said that they deleted the app and installed a previous version of it and it worked normally. which makes me pretty sure that this is a software issue with the most recent version of the app. The version at the moment is 1.6.4 and the cases I have read people rolled back to 1.5.9 and it started working again.
Is DJI working on any update to solve this issue? Like I mentioned, I am new to drones and not being able to use the quickshots is really bad since I am still not good enough to make nice footage on my own.

2022-6-21
Use props
KoTaPaKa
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I had the same problem, but i found and install older version of djy fly this version DJI Fly 1.5.10 and now it works fine.
2022-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

andre.fontes Posted at 6-21 23:25
Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your answer. I still cannot make it work. Here are my comments on that:

Sorry for the late reply. Could you please provide us with a screen recording showing the whole process for further confirmation? Is there any error message when you tap the 'Start' button?
2022-6-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KoTaPaKa Posted at 6-27 10:20
I had the same problem, but i found and install older version of djy fly this version DJI Fly 1.5.10 and now it works fine.

Hi, there. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your problem is resolved. If you have any more needs or questions we can help with, you can also contact us at any time.
2022-6-27
Use props
djiuser_IGyZD4btgUqB
lvl.1

Sweden

Why doesn't dji mini 2 QuickShots work at over 1500 meters high?
2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_IGyZD4btgUqB Posted at 7-28 01:40
Why doesn't dji mini 2 QuickShots work at over 1500 meters high?

Hi there, could you please tell us more details about the issue you encountered? Is there any error message? If possible, please also provide us with a video for further confirmation.
2023-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules