Gimbal Issues
638 3 2022-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
botcruncher66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316739 ft
United Kingdom

My Air 2S keeps reporting that the gimbal is stuck (Error #40002). On start up it goes through all three rotational axes without any issue and then displays the error message on the app.

I have directed compressed air at the gimbal to clean out any particles of dust etc and cannot feel any obstruction when rotating the gimbal with the battery removed.

The camera does not respond to the gimbal dial on the controller and stays stationary. controller/drone and phone all have the latest versions of firmware/app.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem or how it can be fixed?

2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there botcruncher66. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Air 2S for us to be able to isolate the issue. In addition, kindly please double check if there are debris or a part is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris or part that is stuck in the gimbal, restart the drone, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, then please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-16
Use props
botcruncher66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316739 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-16 21:04
Hello there botcruncher66. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Air 2S for us to be able to isolate the issue. In addition, kindly please double check if there are debris or a part is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris or part that is stuck in the gimbal, restart the drone, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, then please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

In answer to your question, yes, the drone did have a hard landing. I hadn't realised that it was in Sport mode and so obstacle avoidance was off and it crashed into the ground in some long grass which may have cushioned the landing slightly. I have use compress air to try and dislodge any particles of dirt etc that may be caught up in the gimbal mechanism but although it initialises fine when I start the drone it will not recalibrate or respond to the dial wheel on the controller. The app also display the message gimbal stuck and the error code 40002
2022-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there botcruncher66. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Since there was a hard landing before and now you are having this issue and getting this error code 40002. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules