Mimo App Is Broken On Android 12
12Next >
17888 44 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

The Mimo app does crash on opening since I installed the Android 12 update on my Samsung A32. DJI, can you fix this? I will travel with my Osmo Pocket next month and I tend to rely on the Mimo app.
2022-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our compatible device and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device for the said app to avoid issues as we cannot guarantee the stability of the app if using a not-compatible device. You may refer to the link below to check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mimo app. Thank you for your understanding and support. Take care always!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2022-6-18
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

It was working on the Samsung A32 before I update it to Android 12. And it was working on Samsung Note 5 and Note 9, which also both are not listed in the list. DJI Mimo requires Android 7 or newer but seems like it doesn't work with Android 12.
2022-6-18
Use props
djiuser_cnBdYCEd0JnZ
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-18 00:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our compatible device and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device for the said app to avoid issues as we cannot guarantee the stability of the app if using a not-compatible device. You may refer to the link below to check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mimo app. Thank you for your understanding and support. Take care always!

Please update your software to work with new devices, you expect people to pay for your device then you should as a company be held responsible for making sure your software works, telling people to use a different phone is lazy and unprofessional. Do you expect people to just buy new cellphones whenever they want? Are you going to be sending a check to cover the new device since you failed to include working software for your apps that work with android 12
2022-6-20
Use props
djiuser_cnBdYCEd0JnZ
New

United States

And to add to this, I have a Google pixel 6 pro, which according to your compatibility chart currently out, it works, practical application shows that to be false.
2022-6-20
Use props
djiuser_YUWvpIfVU0xV
New

Germany

For Mimo at Samsung A32 go to 7:26 Youtube search for - How To Fix your Crashing DJI Mimo, DJI Fly and DJI Go4 App on Android 12 -
it works

2022-6-20
Use props
djiuser_YUWvpIfVU0xV
New

Germany

Youtube: How To Fix your Crashing DJI Mimo, DJI Fly and DJI Go4 App on Android 12
2022-6-20
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

djiuser_YUWvpIfVU0xV Posted at 6-20 21:29
For Mimo at Samsung A32 go to 7:26 Youtube search for - How To Fix your Crashing DJI Mimo, DJI Fly and DJI Go4 App on Android 12 -
it works

It works! Thanks a lot!
2022-6-21
Use props
jastram
New

Germany

Short answer (without having to search for and watch a video): Download the app directly from the DJI website:

https://www.dji.com/de/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

You need to enable installing from untrusted sources.
2022-8-1
Use props
colinsmith18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61047 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_cnBdYCEd0JnZ Posted at 6-20 17:33
And to add to this, I have a Google pixel 6 pro, which according to your compatibility chart currently out, it works, practical application shows that to be false.

It stopped working on my Pixel a few weeks ago. It had been fine before.
2022-8-3
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK I have a Samsung S22 and what your saying is the same app that just worked yesterday morning without issues, since not listed is no longer supported? is that how DJI is rolling this?

You have to have an older phone for things to work correctly AFTER they screw things up?
I will go ahead and return the OM5 I just purchased in that case. Shameful excuses.
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_te3zvGvbhPId
lvl.1
United States

I have an OM4 that's stuck in spinshot mode because the app won't open.. Samsung S21. Fix this asap.
2022-8-11
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_te3zvGvbhPId Posted at 8-11 07:43
I have an OM4 that's stuck in spinshot mode because the app won't open.. Samsung S21. Fix this asap.

Or you will do what?  Go buy an older phone that is supported? Oh wait... can't use that excuse. lol

Yeah I just got one of the OM5 and have been testing it the last few days... app stopped working along with all the other DJI apps I have installed. I give them a few days to fix it and then returning the OM5 as I do not want to be forced into using an iPhone for reliability. DJI Fail.
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_Ag0vpiUjZRme
New

Italy

Dji Mimo app crashes when you try to open it. It was working fine before on Android 12. DJI team, do you have any update as to why? Or is there a fix being done? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app from your site and it still crashes. Probably not a time for crashing especially during this peak summer season that I am in more need of it on my travels. Anyone know a work around or an alternative app to use in the mean time?
2022-8-11
Use props
chris1269
lvl.3
Germany

Bei mir funktioniert DJI MIMO auch seit Tagen  nicht mehr auf meinem Google Pixel 6 Pro und Android 12.
Ich habe den OM 3 und DJI Pocket und möchte es im Urlaub benutzen.
Gibt es  bei MIMO mittlerweile auch eine Lösung wie bei DJI Fly mit einer Testsoftware?
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_D9VeTz9Gfusr
New

Dominican Republic

Same problem here. It must get the update, it would be outrageous saying that we need to stick in older Android versions!
2022-8-14
Use props
DJIUser0815
lvl.1

Germany

Nach dem ich ein Update auf MIUI Version 13.0.1 (Android 12) auf meinem Redmi Note 10S gemacht habe, funktionierten die DJY Fly App und die DJI Mimo App nicht mehr. Nach dem ich die neueste Version der FLY App auf meinem Handy installierte hatte, funktionierte die FLY App wieder (keine deinstallation der alten Version).
Die DJY Mimo App lies sich weder updaten, noch brachte eine deinstallation und eine neu Installation etwas. Auch das Abschalten des Gerätes zwischen den Schritten brachte keinen Erfolg. Die DJY Mimo App läßt sich installieren aber nicht öffnen.

After  I updated to MIUI version 13.0.1 (Android 12) on my Redmi Note 10S, the  DJY Fly app and the DJI Mimo app stopped working. After installing the  latest version of the FLY app on my phone, the FLY app worked again (no  uninstalling the old version). The DJY Mimo app could not be updated,  nor did an uninstall and a new installation bring anything. Also the  switching off of the device between the steps did not bring success. The  DJY Mimo app can be installed but not opened.
2022-8-14
Use props
djiuser_jQZ5XXloXqvF
New

United Kingdom

Just stop messing us around and get android 12 working with mimo , you cannot expect people to just keep buying "compatible" phones , i expect allot more from a company that makes otherwise very good products, this is a massive problem for video creators that rely on the functions the mino app provides , incredibly disappointed
2022-10-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_jQZ5XXloXqvF Posted at 10-7 15:26
Just stop messing us around and get android 12 working with mimo , you cannot expect people to just keep buying "compatible" phones , i expect allot more from a company that makes otherwise very good products, this is a massive problem for video creators that rely on the functions the mino app provides , incredibly disappointed

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide us with the DJI product that you are using and also what mobile device your DJI Mimo app running right now? Could you please tell us more about your issue so we can help you further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_H3GnNIU202j5
New
India

Facing the same issue here on Android 12. DJI Mimo app keeps crashing.
Requesting the development team to please make the app ready for Android 12 so that existing DJI Osmo users can make use of the app.
We atleast deserve this support as we have paid alot for DJI DEVICES.

Device : Moto Edge 30
DJI device : Osmo Action Camera
2022-10-11
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our compatible device and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device for the said app to avoid issues as we cannot guarantee the stability of the app if using a not-compatible device. You may refer to the link below to check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mimo app. Thank you for your understanding and support. Take care always!

This guy really just said "Buy a new phone" lmaooooooooooooo
2022-10-20
Use props
djiuser_5IRLCL8Ho7kx
lvl.1

Japan

Same situation on 10 Nov. Mimo app does not work  after reinstall from DJI support service. I am using Samsung S22 Ultra with Android 12.
2022-11-10
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

This has to stop!
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_5IRLCL8Ho7kx
lvl.1

Russia

Hallo, developers team! MIMO app`s user community strives to get at last normally working soft for Osmo Mobiles. We`ve spent money to buy this gadget, but can`t use it because of invalid soft. Please correct this situation asap. t
2022-11-11
Use props
djiuser_dmlLBlFVz7Ce
New

Russia

I see that I'm not alone at all, the problem with Android 12 is very popular.
The company needs to think seriously about their customers, the conflict is software and solving it is probably quite simple
I have this problem that my smartphone screen has no smooth panning when I connect the POCET2 to it. It strobes as if skipping frames, the image twitches. It looks ugly and it is impossible to work.
We need to do something serious.
I'm sure it's not hard to solve this programmatically.

OnePlus Nord 2 Android 12
Pocket 2.  
Mimo 1.8.8.

2022-12-5
Use props
strigo
New

Germany

Hi there, i have the same Problem i cant install the APK from the Website because of my Goggle Workspace device, there is a restrivtion to intall aftermaket APK´s . And the App doesnt appear in the Play Store. I bought the Osmo AKtion 3 right now but this is a Big Problem for me that i cant use the App on my Phone. Does anybody know if DJI will fix this and get the App for Android 12 back in the Play Store ? Because when not i will give the Cam back and buy maybe a GoPro if there is no Solution for this Problem i dont wat to buy a ney Phone or another one... Life could be so easy but i didnt know about this Problem before i bought the Cam and know i can´t Use it properly... It´s a Big ... i would say. Please let me know if there is a Solution for this ... 14 Days until i send it back and buy another Cam which offers the App in the Play store.
Greets from a newbee
2022-12-22
Use props
strigo
New

Germany

strigo Posted at 12-22 09:31
Hi there, i have the same Problem i cant install the APK from the Website because of my Goggle Workspace device, there is a restrivtion to intall aftermaket APK´s . And the App doesnt appear in the Play Store. I bought the Osmo AKtion 3 right now but this is a Big Problem for me that i cant use the App on my Phone. Does anybody know if DJI will fix this and get the App for Android 12 back in the Play Store ? Because when not i will give the Cam back and buy maybe a GoPro if there is no Solution for this Problem i dont wat to buy a ney Phone or another one... Life could be so easy but i didnt know about this Problem before i bought the Cam and know i can´t Use it properly... It´s a Big ... i would say. Please let me know if there is a Solution for this ... 14 Days until i send it back and buy another Cam which offers the App in the Play store.
Greets from a newbee

My Device is an Samsung A52 with a Android Enterprise Workspace witch doesn allow to install APK´s-
2022-12-22
Use props
strigo
New

Germany

So Please Upload your APK to the App Store and make it accessible for Eyerybody.  
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_u3Nhn3DkDuV7
New

United Kingdom

What a shame! I bough an Action 3 camera and can't use it because of not functioning software (DJI Mimo version 1.7.0). I have Redmi Note 10 (MIUI 14.0.1). The app is installed but can't launch. Is it a new kind of a scam, where you sell products and customers can't use?! DJI, if you are not able to ship the working product just do not sell it! And why do we need to activate the action camera through the mobile app at all? It is very frustrating and painful user experience. Dji development team, could you do all us a favour and prioritise this issue and roll out a stable app.

This has to stop!
2023-5-22
Use props
CaptainKnox
New
India

Same here. I am using Oppo Find X2, Android 13. Mimo app is opening, discovering the device, and showing the connect button but NEVER connecting. Sometimes, it works when I manually connect to the Osmo Action WiFi but then it doesn't connect to the internet. It's a shame how a giant like DJI has lost its marbles trying to make a decent app for its devices to work. Admins are asking people to buy compatible phones as if buying an expensive product wasn't enough. Is DJI sponsoring "compatible" phones? Stop giving lame excuses and fix this issue already or just send out a notice saying that you will just make the hardware and not provide software support.App version: 1.8.16
Phone: Oppo Find X2, Android 13 (Yes I disabled WiFi assistant)
Device: DJI Osmo Action
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_2NUS0KDZsVcJ
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_cnBdYCEd0JnZ Posted at 2022-6-20 17:32
Please update your software to work with new devices, you expect people to pay for your device then you should as a company be held responsible for making sure your software works, telling people to use a different phone is lazy and unprofessional. Do you expect people to just buy new cellphones whenever they want? Are you going to be sending a check to cover the new device since you failed to include working software for your apps that work with android 12

Well put...DJI  have an atrocious service...I just bought an Osmo pocket 3...I have a Motorola android 11, with  C port..FFs DJI, get your act together..Why should I buy a another phone just to activate the camera...put some installation software on PC list so you can install the stuff so the device works...supposed to be a business?...
2023-6-3
Use props
djiuser_yHwBKmKVgnAQ
lvl.1

Uganda

try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJTr3it85Y&t=319s
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_yHwBKmKVgnAQ
lvl.1

Uganda

djiuser_2NUS0KDZsVcJ Posted at 6-3 17:17
Well put...DJI  have an atrocious service...I just bought an Osmo pocket 3...I have a Motorola android 11, with  C port..FFs DJI, get your act together..Why should I buy a another phone just to activate the camera...put some installation software on PC list so you can install the stuff so the device works...supposed to be a business?...

try this please: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJTr3it85Y&t=319s
worked on lg style
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_yHwBKmKVgnAQ
lvl.1

Uganda

CaptainKnox Posted at 5-22 05:11
Same here. I am using Oppo Find X2, Android 13. Mimo app is opening, discovering the device, and showing the connect button but NEVER connecting. Sometimes, it works when I manually connect to the Osmo Action WiFi but then it doesn't connect to the internet. It's a shame how a giant like DJI has lost its marbles trying to make a decent app for its devices to work. Admins are asking people to buy compatible phones as if buying an expensive product wasn't enough. Is DJI sponsoring "compatible" phones? Stop giving lame excuses and fix this issue already or just send out a notice saying that you will just make the hardware and not provide software support.App version: 1.8.16

this worked on samsung a70s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJTr3it85Y&t=319s

2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_yHwBKmKVgnAQ
lvl.1

Uganda

djiuser_u3Nhn3DkDuV7 Posted at 5-22 00:45
What a shame! I bough an Action 3 camera and can't use it because of not functioning software (DJI Mimo version 1.7.0). I have Redmi Note 10 (MIUI 14.0.1). The app is installed but can't launch. Is it a new kind of a scam, where you sell products and customers can't use?! DJI, if you are not able to ship the working product just do not sell it! And why do we need to activate the action camera through the mobile app at all? It is very frustrating and painful user experience. Dji development team, could you do all us a favour and prioritise this issue and roll out a stable app.

This has to stop!

give this a try
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_yHwBKmKVgnAQ
lvl.1

Uganda

CaptainKnox Posted at 5-22 05:11

worked on osmo action and LG 03K
give it a try

2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_yHwBKmKVgnAQ
lvl.1

Uganda

djiuser_dmlLBlFVz7Ce Posted at 2022-12-5 15:26
I see that I'm not alone at all, the problem with Android 12 is very popular.
The company needs to think seriously about their customers, the conflict is software and solving it is probably quite simple
I have this problem that my smartphone screen has no smooth panning when I connect the POCET2 to it. It strobes as if skipping frames, the image twitches. It looks ugly and it is impossible to work.

solution here
2023-9-12
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

djiuser_yHwBKmKVgnAQ Posted at 9-12 10:51
solution here

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this performed basic troubleshooting steps. https://thegeekpage.com/google-play-store-has-stopped-error/
2023-10-13
Use props
JKN
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-6-18 00:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our compatible device and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device for the said app to avoid issues as we cannot guarantee the stability of the app if using a not-compatible device. You may refer to the link below to check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mimo app. Thank you for your understanding and support. Take care always!

same problem on my 2 year old samsung. MUST I BUY A NEW PHONE NOW TO USE THIS THING THAT COST ME 800 DOLLARS?!?!?!?!
1-5 23:39
Use props
JKN
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_cnBdYCEd0JnZ Posted at 2022-6-20 17:32

AGREED ; NOW I HAVE TO BUY A NEW PHONE ?!?!?!?!?!?!
1-5 23:42
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules