4404 13 2022-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

How in the heck do I turn off the landing assist or auto land or whatever they call it. You could turn this off on the Mavic 2. I DO NOT want this ON when using my Mavic 3.

I am not talking about RTH, I am talking about when you try to mannually land the drone pauses decent then autolands itself.

Many thanks,
Houston

2022-6-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Not possible in the FlyApp !!

cheers
JJB
2022-6-18
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJB,

Thaks for your replay. NOt happy to hear it though.

Hate all this forced hand holding. Perhaps this is why they did not call this version PRO. FRUSTRATING.

-Houston

2022-6-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

CreativeSky Posted at 6-18 11:44
JJB,

Thaks for your replay. NOt happy to hear it though.  

Yep.  Fly app dumbs down the experience in many many regards.  

2022-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We don't have the option to disable the said feature in the DJI Fly app. Please take note that the DJI Go 4 app is different from the DJI Fly app and thus the features inside both applications. However, we will forward this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-6-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-18 23:13
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We don't have the option to disable the said feature in the DJI Fly app. Please take note that the DJI Go 4 app is different from the DJI Fly app and thus the features inside both applications. However, we will forward this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.

weird response though....

Both application (FlyApp and Go 4 app) serve the same goal ; fly a drone in a save manner...

So why landing protection can be disabled in the Go 4 and not in the Flyapp is questionable....

cheers
JJB
2022-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 6-19 01:48
weird response though....

Both application (FlyApp and Go 4 app) serve the same goal ; fly a drone in a save manner...

Maybe the safety is evolving as it does in everyday occurrences. It doesn’t mean they got it right or wrong but it also doesn’t say it was safer and caused less problems on Go 4, or they could just have overseen it.
2022-6-19
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I still cannot believe they have not added the ability to turn this off. I fly the drone from a boat quite a bit. You cannot land this drone on a boat with this functionality on. Since the boat is constantly moving you cannot rely on the auto land. I do not need to have my hand held. DJI, please restore the ability to turn this off.

I can do it with the Mavic 2 PRO no problem. So frustrated with DJI. A definate LOVE/HATE relationship.

I BEG YOU
2022-12-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CreativeSky Posted at 12-18 13:19
I still cannot believe they have not added the ability to turn this off. I fly the drone from a boat quite a bit. You cannot land this drone on a boat with this functionality on. Since the boat is constantly moving you cannot rely on the auto land. I do not need to have my hand held. DJI, please restore the ability to turn this off.

Begging won't make any difference.
The Fly app leaves out many of the settings and options that were available for drones that used teh DJI Go 4 app.
Despite users complaining for a number of years, DJI has no interest in improving the entry level DJI Fly app that they impose on users, even with their flagship model, the Mavic 3.
2022-12-18
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-18 13:36
Begging won't make any difference.
The Fly app leaves out many of the settings and options that were available for drones that used teh DJI Go 4 app.
Despite users complaining for a number of years, DJI has no interest in improving the entry level DJI Fly app that they impose on users, even with their flagship model, the Mavic 3.

You are probably right Labroides, but not saying anything will surely not get us anywhere either so, venting it is.

This is just corporate pushing to get a product out prematurely. Same as they have always done, same as many companies do but this stunt is a bit brazen and a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who have been flying for years.  
2022-12-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

CreativeSky Posted at 12-18 15:19
You are probably right Labroides, but not saying anything will surely not get us anywhere either so, venting it is.  

This is just corporate pushing to get a product out prematurely. Same as they have always done, same as many companies do but this stunt is a bit brazen and a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who have been flying for years.

This is just corporate pushing to get a product out prematurely.
There's nothing premature about it.
It's DJI making a conscious decision to dumb-down their consumer drones and handicap them all with DJI Fly, a much inferior app.
DJI make good drones, but  aren't customer focussed.
For their own reasons they determine what to offer and don't care what customers want or need.
2022-12-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-18 16:32
This is just corporate pushing to get a product out prematurely.
There's nothing premature about it.
It's DJI making a conscious decision to dumb-down their consumer drones and handicap them all with DJI Fly, a much inferior app.

Agreed with Labroides.  It is clearly a strategy with DJI Fly to dumb down the fun.
2022-12-18
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We all need to collectively kick up enough of a fuss. We got our way on the x7 camera, waypoints, gains tuning etc... It's all about voices.
2022-12-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

CloudVisual Posted at 12-19 02:25
We all need to collectively kick up enough of a fuss. We got our way on the x7 camera, waypoints, gains tuning etc... It's all about voices.

If it was all about voices, the Mavic 3 wouldn't still be running the retarded Fly app.
2022-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules