Firmware,Software, Fly App---Latest?
1467 7 2022-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Just found some time to update both my Mini 2 (2 off) to latest (I think) Firmware,Software, Fly Safe etc etc. and want to know just what is the latest versions.When I commenced the updates I saw a message that the latest firmware was for use in the Fly App version 1.6.6? As far as I know that doesn't exist yet. (Somebody will correct me if I am wrong).
Anyway, decided to go ahead and download what I can from Dji over Wi-fi. No problems experienced that way and all went well.
Fly App 1.6.4 (1635 official).
Fly Safe Database 01.000.0127
Aircraft Frirmware 01.05.0000
RC Firmware04.11.0034
What I did notice however was that some settings (RTH Height especially) changed after updating. All settings were reset to previous and double checked after switching everything down and then back up, ready to fly.
Will fly and check all later. If I find any anomalies I will post them here. Otherwise.............

2022-6-19
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Update. I realise now that Version 1.6.6 was for Japanese RID.
2022-6-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yogi053. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information with us. The DJI Mini 3 Pro's new firmware adds support for Japanese RID requirements ( requires DJI Fly v1.6.6 or later ) and optimized QuickTransfer to work in a low-power state, prolonged the usage time for QuickTransfer. Thank you.
2022-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1.6.6 is out for IOS and Smart Controller so Id assume also for android.
2022-6-19
Use props
Jan.Bo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 636316 ft
Czechia

Do these versions finally solve the Quickshot not working issue? Latest well running version from this point of view was 1.5.10... Thanks
2022-6-20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Jan.Bo Posted at 6-20 03:09
Do these versions finally solve the Quickshot not working issue? Latest well running version from this point of view was 1.5.10... Thanks

I've not checked yet (combination of being busy and then weather conditions) but will post results when checks completed.
2022-6-20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I flew short flights with both Mini 2s. Video taken and 2 photos with each drone and tried quickshots (Dronie and Rocket) but they did not work!
Checked flights and photos on both Albums for Phone app and Aircraft app. Totally confused now. Both drones give different results. Will publish results if I can fathom out what differences there are.
Looks like I will have to revert (if I am allowed) to an earlier version of the fly app to get quickshots working again.
One thing comes to mind though. If the aircraft is piloted without up-to-date firmware, fly safe, latest app verions tc etc........ and you have a crash, flyaway, or whatever. Is your warranty / care refresh still totally valid?
Meant to say, quickshot issues were the same as others have found. Instructed to draw box etc, did so, nothing happens. Tried near and far starting points, still no joy. Have not had any hard landings or crashes with either drone and been using the same mobile device since November 2020. Namely, a Oneplus 7t phone which has worked faultlessly since then.

Any moderator want to jump in here and comment on my question about care refresh/warranty if not using latest Firmware, Fly Safe, Fly App etc etc.............
2022-6-24
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I thought there might have been a couple of more comments here on this matter. Especially from any Moderator.
2022-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules