1132 12 2022-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IbroxBlue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29875 ft
United Kingdom

Newbie alert...

DJI Fly shows my local airport in relation to the runway exclusion but not the 2NM exclusion radius of the main building.

Am i missing something in the settings to show this?

I've turned everything on the layer setting.

I wait to be told I'm a wally

2022-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a screenshot showing the error message on the app for us to check it here on our end? In addition, could you please confirm if you are trying to fly in the said restricted area? If yes, you may contact our team at flysafe@dji.com for them to help you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you checked there Geomap online - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map
2022-6-19
Use props
IbroxBlue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This is from drone assist and shows the 2m exclusion zone

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-19 18:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a screenshot showing the error message on the app for us to check it here on our end? In addition, could you please confirm if you are trying to fly in the said restricted area? If yes, you may contact our team at  for them to help you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-6-22
Use props
IbroxBlue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2022-6-22
Use props
IbroxBlue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2022-6-22
Use props
IbroxBlue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry for the duplicated picture at the beginning. That picture is from Drone Assist and it shows the 2m exclusion zone of the airport as well as the runway lead in.

The other picture is from DJI Fly that doesn't show the 2m circle but only the runway exclusion.

Surely if when I'm using DJI Fly for my flight i should have the 2m circle warning.

I can't see how to switch that on if it is a function of DJI Fly.
2022-6-22
Use props
IbroxBlue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-19 23:26
Have you checked there Geomap online - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map

Truthfully that is worse. It only shows Welshpool airport and not the 5km extension to the airport. I'm looking to see if i can get DJI fly to show and exclude me from all of the airport NFZ's. Thanks though.
2022-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IbroxBlue Posted at 6-22 03:09
Truthfully that is worse. It only shows Welshpool airport and not the 5km extension to the airport. I'm looking to see if i can get DJI fly to show and exclude me from all of the airport NFZ's. Thanks though.

If you had access to an airman you might first it doesn't have an exclusion zone,   I have a friend that owns a small airport,    its literally a run way and 10 hangers or so and there is no exclusion zone there,  nor does he want one as his airspace would become more controlled.
2022-6-22
Use props
IbroxBlue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-22 03:29
If you had access to an airman you might first it doesn't have an exclusion zone,   I have a friend that owns a small airport,    its literally a run way and 10 hangers or so and there is no exclusion zone there,  nor does he want one as his airspace would become more controlled.

Hi and thanks for the reply. I contacted the airport and they advised that this 2m circle was in place as does the NATS map.
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for the information. With regards to this, kindly please contact our team at flysafe@dji.com and they will help you further to isolate this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-6-28
Use props
IbroxBlue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 02:56
Thank you for the information. With regards to this, kindly please contact our team at  and they will help you further to isolate this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi,

Email sent as requested but i feel this shouldn't be taken away from the forum.

I have a teenage friend that today posted on Facebook pictures taken from within NATS exclusion zone but allowed on the app.

Please address ASAP as at minimum we are being misled by the DJI app at worse the flyer will be fined or even cause an accident with small aircraft.
2022-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

IbroxBlue Posted at 7-9 08:02
Hi,

Email sent as requested but i feel this shouldn't be taken away from the forum.

Thank you for your response. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules