DJI Fly App training mode??
2712 12 2022-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidy61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57037 ft
Australia

Being very new to both drone flying and photography/video shooting, I was wondering if there were any way to get the DJI fly app into a training mode so that i can play with where settings are and practice making changes.

I have the Mini 3 Pro and RC unit with the built in screen and have also put the DJI fly app on my iPad to play with, which at this stage was a waste of time.

The only way that i can see to practice is to connect to the drone and take off and hover.  If the drone just sits on the ground, it gets hot.

I just want to play with the Fly App whilst sitting down in the lounge with out the drone flying or even turned on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
David

2022-6-19
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

As far as messing with the settings on the fly app when connected to the Mini 3 Pro I don’t think there is anyway around that other than maybe after you are connected to the Mini 3 and the camera view pops up just power off the Mini 3 and then fly screen should still stay other then no camera view but I’m not a 100% about that but if you don’t want the Mini 3 to get hot just have maybe have a fan blow on it to keep it cool as I know that’s what some people have done when update if the drone as it tends to get really hot.
2022-6-19
Use props
davidy61
lvl.4
Australia

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-19 14:38
As far as messing with the settings on the fly app when connected to the Mini 3 Pro I don’t think there is anyway around that other than maybe after you are connected to the Mini 3 and the camera view pops up just power off the Mini 3 and then fly screen should still stay other then no camera view but I’m not a 100% about that but if you don’t want the Mini 3 to get hot just have maybe have a fan blow on it to keep it cool as I know that’s what some people have done when update if the drone as it tends to get really hot.

Tried it, as soon as you power off the drone, nothing is available.

Will have to put it turned on on desk with fan unless someone else comes up with a solution.
2022-6-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just make sure the gimbal cover is removed else you will damage the motors.
2022-6-19
Use props
davidy61
lvl.4
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-19 18:35
Just make sure the gimbal cover is removed else you will damage the motors.

Will admit that i often initally forget to do that, even when i get ready to fly

Note to self, "REMOVE GIMBAL COVER"
2022-6-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

My advise, start slow and careful. Most training videos are poor at best. There is nothing better than personal experience IMO. I laugh at all the initial mistakes I made. Fortunately they were made with a low priced Mini, which survived anyway despite my repeated attempts to destroy it ;--)
2022-6-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Mavic 3 Pro does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the DJI drone to dissipate heat. After the DJI Mini 3 Pro is powered on and kept on a flat surface ( such as ground or a desk ) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. In this case, the DJI drone should be turned off and kept idle for a while to drop its temperature before using it again. Thank you.
2022-6-19
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidy61 Posted at 6-19 17:55

Will have to put it turned on on desk with fan unless someone else comes up with a solution.

Yeah, probably best solution. To bad Dji couldn’t include a built in fan on the Mini 3 like what’s in the Mavic 3, but I know that would push the weight of the Mini 3 over the 250gram threshold.
2022-6-19
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I use a cheap fan for cooling also for update and battery loading
2022-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 6-19 19:36
My advise, start slow and careful. Most training videos are poor at best. There is nothing better than personal experience IMO. I laugh at all the initial mistakes I made. Fortunately they were made with a low priced Mini, which survived anyway despite my repeated attempts to destroy it ;--)

Same here Gary.  However, as we both found out DIY repairs weren't that difficult on the OG Mini.  
2022-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andre vd Weide Posted at 6-19 23:24
I use a cheap fan for cooling also for update and battery loading
[view_image]

Nice, same set up I use Andre.    It does do the trick to keep it cool.
2022-6-20
Use props
DocSavage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48107 ft
United Kingdom

davidy61 Posted at 6-19 17:55

Will have to put it turned on on desk with fan unless someone else comes up with a solution.

Try this it work me i sat by my back window and put the drone outside the window on the ground, this keeped the drone nice and cool and aloud me to play with all the settings never got hot once, mind you it would have to be a cool day.
2022-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Put it in a cool room....
2022-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now