Photogrammetry Test
1713 8 2022-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ronsk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 273153 ft

United Kingdom

So recently got my Mini 3 (previously flown a work Mavic Pro a few years ago) and completed a 12mp photogrammetry test.
Totally aware of the limitations of this drone but I needed it under 249g for urban flying.

Very stable flight (24 sats) allowed for close flying, prop noise levels are great so you aren't bringing lots of attention to yourself. All manual flying with camera on a 2 second timer, around 800 images) processed in Reality Capture. Strong vignetting on the images using Lightroom procesed that away on the Raw images.

Pretty happy with the results (this is a 4k render of the result using Blender)

Would really like to be able to shoot 48mp images on a timer, is this likely in a firmware update, what's the best way to request it? I'm not totally convinced it will yield better results as its not the true sensor size but would be great to test it. Same with shooting circular tracking with a timer, dont think this is possible as 48mp images right?

I had a few focus issues, where it switched to the background not the subject (I was around 1 to 3 metres from the subject), I was curious how the auto focus works, is it evaluating the whole image, would it be possible to have centre spot autofocus feature so centre of frame is what it uses to focus on. There aren't any options for this right?

Are we ever likely to get 3rd party apps for the new controller?

thanks
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ronsk. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information and these videos that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Great work and thank you for your support.
2022-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thays is awesome Ronsk.
2022-6-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really impressive effects - to my untutored eye.
2022-6-21
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice thanks for sharing.
2022-6-21
Use props
Betcha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29573 ft
France

Nice !

I'm wondering if shooting 4K@60 FPS with the POI on the subject, and then extracting the still images out of the rush could lead to good results.
Cause that would be so easy and quick, especially for big subjects (buildings...)
2022-6-21
Use props
Ronsk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 273153 ft

United Kingdom

Betcha Posted at 6-21 00:43
I'm wondering if shooting 4K@60 FPS with the POI on the subject, and then extracting the still images out of the rush could lead to good results.

I'd been thinking about trying that out as a test. I often do a lot of pre-processing of the images to lift shadow areas so trying out video has potential now its 10bit. As long as I have a colour chart I can work out the white balance etc.  The main issue might be motion blur on the video and making sure I dont extract those frames to use, also the drop in resolution!
2022-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome work Ronsk.  

At this time we can't put any 3rd party Apps on the new RC screened remote.  Hopefully, that will change in the future.  I do have the RC Pro but at this time it is not compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.  
2022-6-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see!
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now