3465 9 2022-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danyrr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2527425 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello everyone. Have you noticed that when recording the led lights of the drone's legs turn off?. I think this is a danger for night recordings because you stop seeing the drone.
2022-6-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dont turn on the camera at night.

attach your own strobe light.

perhaps dji might consider implementing a switch to turn it on/off.  still, strobes or leds are usually not considered qualifiers for maintaining vlos, in general; no?
2022-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-21 14:05
Unless the option has been removed there was a toggle under camera settings to turn off the front LEDs while recording.  On some drone models leaving them on causes a red aura in recordings.  On other models this isn't an issue.

Your welcome back . There is only front LEDs on Mini 3 and lights turn off automatically when filming.
2022-6-21
Use props
djiuser_9HLBkzIeVvEY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4977448 ft
Australia

These are status lights not nav lights. Check the manual.
2022-6-21
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

So when recording their is a setting that you can either turn on or to auto so when you record the video is not affected by the led lights. To fix this just simple go to settings on your drone should be under control or camera not sure and just click “on” but just know it could affect you video but safety first.
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there danyrr. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The front LEDs of your DJI Mini 3 Pro red while the drone is powered on. They automatically turn off when recording video or taking photos so that the red lights do not distort the color of the footage and photos that you are filming and capturing. Thank you.  
2022-6-21
Use props
djiuser_wZGVqDKrDqOM
New
Flight distance : 614 ft
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 19:40
Hello there danyrr. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The front LEDs of your DJI Mini 3 Pro red while the drone is powered on. They automatically turn off when recording video or taking photos so that the red lights do not distort the color of the footage and photos that you are filming and capturing. Thank you.
Hi. The leds of the Mini 3 legs are green (while flaying ok - Brazil), not red. If it can cause troubles on recording or taking photos, ok. I think DJI can add an option to a pilot choice. Tks
2022-6-22
Use props
FrancoGozo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1509 ft
Malta

I just bought the DJI Mini 3 Pro a few weeks ago and on my second night flying I have noticed this that the front 2 LED lights goes off when pressing the video recording.  I really do not like this as it means you are flying in darkness and don't know where the drone is.  I previously owned 2 DJI Phantom drones and they had 4 LED lights and it's true that the front 2 LED lights could effect the filming at night but we had the option to turn them off and fly the drone with just the 2 Green LED lights situated at the back.  Now I have just ordered online 2 Strobe lights and I hope this will enable me to follow and know where the drone is situated during night photography.
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

FrancoGozo Posted at 7-12 17:53
I just bought the DJI Mini 3 Pro a few weeks ago and on my second night flying I have noticed this that the front 2 LED lights goes off when pressing the video recording.  I really do not like this as it means you are flying in darkness and don't know where the drone is.  I previously owned 2 DJI Phantom drones and they had 4 LED lights and it's true that the front 2 LED lights could effect the filming at night but we had the option to turn them off and fly the drone with just the 2 Green LED lights situated at the back.  Now I have just ordered online 2 Strobe lights and I hope this will enable me to follow and know where the drone is situated during night photography.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. According to the European C0 regulations, the DJI Mini 3 Pro is currently compliant with the LEDs turned off, so please feel free to use it. We suggest that you check the EASA website for the relevant regulations or consult their local air traffic control authorities for local control requirements. Thanks for your feedback and support.
2023-7-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

seriously? never known
2023-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules